Software version 1.01.13 for HDR-1800T and HDR-2000T to be broadcast OTA

okay performed factory reset then when rebooting and entering the config wizard, I got as far as selecting 1080p. The display then went crazy and I had to power off and on. The upshot is pulling the power after a factory reset worked. Full retune - manually and upon increasing the volume the unit rebooted itself !?! However since the reboot the unit has been fine. Not the best firmware update so far, but as long as its stable I'm not to bothered.

My 2000T updated overnight. The wife said the screen just went green/red this morning so she unplugged it. Now it won't turn on and the light bar flashes a sort of purple.

My 2000T updated overnight. The wife said the screen just went green/red this morning so she unplugged it. Now it won't turn on and the light bar flashes a sort of purple.
Flashing purple indicates that a software update is in progress. When complete it is supposed to go solid purple. Then put the unit into standby using the button on the front. It should then be back to normal.

No. Restore factory defaults is a menu operation. All I can think of is that you plug in a UPD with a firmware update file on it, and see if it takes.

mmm my 2000T updated last night. Now every 5 mins or so the screen goes green and stays green :( Anyone else experienced the same ? I guess the next thing to try is a full reset or full power down, annoyed me last night, so went to sleep instead....

Updated mine via USB. Had a problem at the end of The Avengers last night. Got a completely green screen for a short while during the end titles. However, this looks like a fault with True Entertainment as the problem went away at (what seems to be) the end of the programme. Haven't had any further green screens yet - fingers crossed.

Well, I've made some progress........
I downloaded the previous update from Humax onto a USB stick and plugged it in. That seems to have reset the box back to 2007 settings and it works again.
Am now installing new update (2 hours) and I'll see how it goes.

Righty then, The NEW update doesn't work, it just freezes the box. I put the USB in with the previous update on it again and the box works again.
Thanks for the help guys, I really thought it was knackered.

What is puzzling me is I already have the latest version, probably through Internet auto update. Now I'm getting the OTA update with the exact same version.

One might reasonably assume the box would be clever enough to know this?

Well, I've made some progress........
I downloaded the previous update from Humax onto a USB stick and plugged it in. That seems to have reset the box back to 2007 settings and it works again.
Am now installing new update (2 hours) and I'll see how it goes.
I don't understand why this takes 2 hours, presuming you are updating by USB. I think this might be indicative of a problem.

What is puzzling me is I already have the latest version, probably through Internet auto update. Now I'm getting the OTA update with the exact same version.

One might reasonably assume the box would be clever enough to know this?
Hi Faust, welcome to the 'wrong side of the tracks'. It should do, the HDR-FOX checks the version first. If the installed version is the same as the OTA it doesn't reinstall. Perhaps the HDR-2000T doesn't recognise the IP download as being the same version, or there is a flag somewhere that tells it to reinstall if the current version has not been obtained from an OTA download? The latter seems pointless, so I wouldn't rule it out. It could just be a one-off glitch, or a bug. It is possible that the version being sent OTA is a different build of 1.01.13? We know of two builds of HDR-FOX software version 1.03.06, so this is a possibility.

Interesting thread on MHO: see here. Apparently if you don't already have the version 1.04 loader the OTA download may give you grief.
It seems that version 1.01.06 included a loader update. If you have this version, the OTA should be OK. If you are on an earlier version than this you will have loader 1.02 and the OTA update will fail.

Last edited:
My 2000T finished performing the identical OTA update without any issues. The box is performing as expected, no issues.

Humax incompetence seems to know no bounds. They need some decent software people who know how to write stuff and how to run a release programme.
Why on earth should it matter whether the update comes on USB, over the air or from the internet as to whether it is going to work or not? And why can't it download whatever it is in the background instead of tieing up the machine for extended periods depriving the user of the use of it? It's not that difficult.

A strange flaw has reared its head after the OTA. When my 2000T is switched to standby (without power-saving)
it doesn't go fully into standby but into a sort of quasi state, showing a black screen instead of blue, and instantly
returns a picture (no splash screen) when switched on again even the following day. It also shows instability on
the HD channels. It's as though the tuners are powered up permanently. I've reverted to the power-saving mode,
which appears to be working normally. I'd be interested if anyone else has noticed anything unusual.
Mike

The Humax HDR-Fox T2 which is a similar model has an 'Half Awake' state that appears to be similar to what you are describing, have a look at the WiKi entry HERE

Thanks for the link, Ezra. I can't find anything that could be causing it: all timers are off and it occurred well outside recording windows.It's the first time I've seen this in about twelve months of ownership, but I can live with it.
Mike

Back