Spam attack....

Wallace

Traveler 34122
We appear to be suffering from a flurry of spam messages today.....I have reported all I have found....

I've been reporting several in the last week or so, three this morning (presumably the same ones), and a couple of new registrations that had not left posts but had put web links in their profile pages.

Another one in HDR-FOX T2 forum under wegiel katowice seems to have an advert in Polish, that goes something like "The special offer of our company, we provide you with all types of coal"

Yes, it does seem a strange thing to sell on the internet, from a different country. Katowice turns out to be the Town in southern Poland that the 'wegiel' is comming from

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. I've changed the way registrations happen. Rather than a captcha image. It now asks you a random question. Lets see how this goes before we consider manual approvals.

Thanks,

Michael

I agree. Its getting a bit silly.

I keep getting emails to say new post in a thread I have subscribed to only to find it's spam.

My other half says we could do with an extension, but I suspect she means on our house! Well, I'd like to think so :D

I think insisting on a .uk email id could be a problem. You would effectively bar all BT users (btinternet.com, btopenworld.com), aol users (aol.com) ...

I think insisting on a .uk email id could be a problem. You would effectively bar all BT users (btinternet.com, btopenworld.com), aol users (aol.com) ...

Fair point, there would have to be a request procedure to allow users to be manually accepted if non .uk E-mail address were rejected for auto Emailing. The .uk only E-mail would probably not be needed anyway, I think the password would be enough.

I don't use a .co.uk email for here. In fact, I don't have a .co.uk email address at all, and I have a few!

There have been a few spammers joining up recently with .co.uk email addresses, so even that can not be relied upon.

There have been a few spammers joining up recently with .co.uk email addresses, so even that can not be relied upon.

O.H. dear, That's worrying, I guessed they would be outside the U.K. because of the Polish / French content. I guess if they can be traced to a U.K. ISP they could be reported a little easyer

O.H. dear, That's worrying, I guessed they would be outside the U.K. because of the Polish / French content. I guess if they can be traced to a U.K. ISP they could be reported a little easyer

Sorry, got to ask, what does "O.H." stand for please?

Back