SSL Certificate installed

Michael

Founder
Hi Everyone,

SSL / HTTPS is becoming the norm these days and SERP's are prioritising https enabled websites.

To this effect I've installed an SSL certificate on hummy.tv - this should be automatic and you shouldn't experience any issues.

Let me know if anyone has any problems.

Thanks,

Michael

It was more about Google ranking and the impending google chrome change rather than security of the words we exchange.

It just looks like this:

Capture.PNG

I imagine over time though they'll make a bigger fuss of non-SSL enabled websites

Bloody ludicrous. So every little web page of purely static information and therefore having no need of encrypted traffic is treated as suspect?
The change doesn't seem unreasonable to me. All they're doing is marking non-encrypted sites specifically as such alongside marking encrypted sites with a padlock. There was a ruse a while back of people using a padlock as their site's "favicon" - a lot of people saw a padlock at the top of their browser window (in the tab, often) and were falsely re-assured.

It doesn't automatically mean that the static page is suspect..
If there is a push from somewhere to push sites towards implementing encryption, browsers will have to start giving people more information about how secure that encryption is too. There are many sites still using broken algorithms and weak ciphers, although browsers are phasing out support for them.

We're not running a bank, I'm not overly concerned.. plus this is a shared service so it'd have to be done server wide and I doubt they would go for that.

The change doesn't seem unreasonable to me. All they're doing is marking non-encrypted sites specifically as such alongside marking encrypted sites with a padlock.
I'm content... as long as that's all they're going to do! A web site I'm partially responsible for ended up getting blocked for no definite reason (other than it was running old software and looked like it might have been slightly at risk of having been compromised - as far as I can tell it wasn't, or at least my advisers told me it wasn't).

Back