Stream Humax Foxsat HDR recordings to Humax HD-FOX T2

Open Filezilla - File - Site Manager New Site

Just use your ip address. As Black Hole says password 0000

Click connect

Got my Humax files on to Filezilla, not sure which file, as there appear to be 3 (Hmt, Nts, VLC) and how to put onto tsMuxeR?

Sorry this is abit more than my usual PC use!

The "VLC" file is actually the .ts (the computer has associated it with the VLC media player). It's the .ts that contains the actual video/audio streams.

The "VLC" file is actually the .ts (the computer has associated it with the VLC media player). It's the .ts that contains the actual video/audio streams.

Thanks I did try the VLC one but was put off by the amount of time it would take to transfer this file, thinking it must be the wrong one, is it normal for it to take so long to transfer.

Impossible to say how long as it depends on the speed of your network (and of course the length of the file), this may be slow especially if using wireless. A Humax recording apart from the main transport stream recording file (.ts) has smaller sidecar files (.hmt, nts and .tac) you don't need these. The transfer should be faster than copying to usb and you can use your Foxsat normally while the transfer is taking place.

Impossible to say how long as it depends on the speed of your network (and of course the length of the file), this may be slow especially if using wireless. A Humax recording apart from the main transport stream recording file (.ts) has smaller sidecar files (.hmt, nts and .tac) you don't need these. The transfer should be faster than copying to usb and you can use your Foxsat normally while the transfer is taking place.

It's done, took just over 45minutes. It was a 2hr programme, I am using homeplugs at 84mbps.

That's more than twice as fast as real time. Is the speed you quote the actual measured speed ?. If so how did you measure the overall speed from your box to the PC.

A theoretical 10MB/s would transfer over 30GB/h, so 10GB in 45 minutes isn't out of the question.

If you are talking about a HiDef recording, the .ts file is about 5GB per hour of recording - go figure.
I don't know about the size of HD Freesat recordings, but HD Freeview recordings only seem to be around 3GB per hour of recording.

That's more than twice as fast as real time. Is the speed you quote the actual measured speed ?. If so how did you measure the overall speed from your box to the PC.

The 84mbps is the speed from my software I got with my homeplugs, on sending back to the box it is now reading 78mbps.

In sending back to the Foxsat it is taking longer 80% and taken 1hr 20mins. Thats when I realised I should have been using AV2HDR to send it back!

OK, something has gone wrong, the 2 hour file now appears as just over an hour no video or sound and just a dolby digital sign on a black screen, not sure what I have done wrong.

Having removed the offending audio you could just ftp it to the HDR FOX T2, or convert it using AV2HDR-T2 (if you want full trick play capabilities). When you used TSmuxergui I take it you only removed the tick from the unwanted audio. You do need the video.

Having removed the offending audio you could just ftp it to the HDR FOX T2, or convert it using AV2HDR-T2 (if you want full trick play capabilities). When you used TSmuxergui I take it you only removed the tick from the unwanted audio. You do need the video.

TBH I can't remember exactly what I did in TSmuxer but I thought I only removed the offending audio. I have the foxsat HDR and HD fox T2 combination. It appears to be ftp-ing back to the foxsat now so it may work, it errored before. Though it looks like its gonna take a while.

Would the network shares automount allow me to mount my foxsat recordings onto the HD fox, I had a look at it but couldn't get it to work, wasn't quite sure what to enter into the required fields.

Back