host=192_168_0_7
mac=ABABABABABAB
password=0000
sharefolder=off
user=humaxftp
wakeconstantly?
wakenow?

Non Freesat Mode

He is talking about the firmware patch developed by Nowster that turns off encryption for HD recordings. Effectively it treats HD just like SD.

It's no secret it's detailed in the Foxsat CF thread at AV Forums.

I am still baffled, how exactly does he expect any files stored only on the Foxsat to play remotely on anything other than over the network.

Freeview/Freesat/Patch - I knew what I meant even if the worms came out in the wrong order.

I am still baffled, how exactly does he expect any files stored only on the Foxsat to play remotely on anything other than over the network.
'tis over the network, innit? You mean DLNA presumably. Not knowing much about Foxsat specifics, I imagine he has samba installed and is mounting it as a virtual USB drive on the HD-FOX.

Try an experiment, on the Foxsat rename the .htm and .nts associated with one recording (stick a zero or something in front of it). The Foxsat won't of course play back the recording, a guess is that the HDR FOX T2 now will.

(incompatible sidecar files mentioned earlier in this thread)

Freeview/Freesat/Patch - I knew what I meant even if the worms came out in the wrong order.

'tis over the network, innit? You mean DLNA presumably. Not knowing much about Foxsat specifics, I imagine he has samba installed and is mounting it as a virtual USB drive on the HD-FOX.

Yes that is correct.

The HD patch thing, I wasn't sure about mentioning it, I have read threads before where it can't be mentioned.

Yes, one or two other forums make you wash your mouth out if you even mention the existence of other forums.

"<fingers in ears> LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING!!!"

Try an experiment, on the Foxsat rename the .htm and .nts associated with one recording (stick a zero or something in front of it). The Foxsat won't of course play back the recording, a guess is that the HDR FOX T2 now will.

(incompatible sidecar files mentioned earlier in this thread)

Done that, it worked, that one file was then able to play on the HD Fox but dissapeared off the Foxsat. Problem now is I am unable to access my Foxsat HDR folder in network to change it back. That I presume is where I was meant to change the sidecar filenames.

Yup.

In summary: the Foxsat .ts file will play on the HD-FOX if divorced from its sidecar files, but not on the Foxsat. You might be better of just copying the .ts to the HD-FOX local drive before playback.

Yup.

In summary: the Foxsat .ts file will play on the HD-FOX if divorced from its sidecar files, but not on the Foxsat. You might be better of just copying the .ts to the HD-FOX local drive before playback.

Yes although I am then able to delete file, resume play from the HD FOX now I am still unable to change audio and ffw rwd and play on Foxsat! I couldn't get my head round the fact that I could stream from one box to the other without changing the sidecar files but couldn't play it from the USB. I get that bit now, amazing what you can learn through trial and error and knowledgable people on here.

Think I will have to live with the fact that my streamed HD recordings will contain AD. It is ashame that there isn't ability to record on the Foxsat without the AD audio although I guess then the HD FOX would have no sound at all on playback.

This was one setback I hadn't accounted for and I think Graham's solution (stripping the audio out) takes too long to be worthwhile though I will try that method again even if it's just for the satisfaction of being able to play an HD recording without AD streamed from one box to another!

Glad I got the Hard drive for my downstairs HD FOX now because I am obviously able to record on that too.

It is amazing what the custom firmware provides for these boxes and you can get greedy and want more & more from it.

Thank you for all the help offered, I have learnt alot from it.

There would be no problem with being able to turn off AD as it's a totally separate audio track. The HDR FOX T2 won't have an issue with the primary ac3 track if only you could select it :)

I don't have any problem streaming to my Nexus 7 tablet from the Foxsat because the media player app has the option to select any available audio tracks. Basically it's an issue with the HDR FOX T2 media client software. (The G2 Freetime boxes inherited the same issue incidentally).

Back