Stream Humax Foxsat HDR recordings to Humax HD-FOX T2

Have you used the mod settings in the network shares automount, I can't seem to get the foxsat to mount to the HD fox, get's a bit addictive this CF!

I don't know about the size of HD Freesat recordings, but HD Freeview recordings only seem to be around 3GB per hour of recording.
I don't know about Freesat either, but Freeview HD file sizes depend on the content. A full 1080i broadcast comes in at about 4.5GB/h, or at least they did when we started all this.

I don't know about Freesat either, but Freeview HD file sizes depend on the content. A full 1080i broadcast comes in at about 4.5GB/h, or at least they did when we started all this.
I wouldn't be surprised if they have cut the bit-rates, I am getting figures ranging between 2.7GB/h to a whopping 3.57GB/h.

The amount of EPG data on the mux can have an effect too (for unshrunk recordings) but I would expect that to be almost lost in the noise for HD recordings. Other non-AV packets count too and will be more frequent now with the additional channels. I know that the BBC do play with the bit rates and resolutions from time to time though. There is a good web site that tracks this stuff but I can't find the link just now.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why I can't play my mounted files that are on my HD-FOX T2 from my HDR FOXSAT? When I select a file it sends me back to upper folder.

Kind of thought this may be an easier way to play my files from one box to another and can't understand why I can't select the visible files to play.

Many thanks for all your help so far.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Foxsat files having the wrong sidecar files for the HD-FOX T2, or perhaps the files are encrypted.

I
I wonder if it has anything to do with the Foxsat files having the wrong sidecar files for the HD-FOX T2, or perhaps the files are encrypted.

I can play my files from my foxsat over the network to my fox hd, all my files are unencrypted.

You cannot play easily play anything recorded on the HDR FOX T2 on the Foxsat-hdr over a network. The Foxsat only has a DNLA server it has no client capability. The only content it can play externally is from a source it thinks is directly connected to a usb port, and has the required sidecar files. In any case the Freeview-HD files have an audio codec (aac) that the Foxsat does not support.

You can play unencrypted recordings made on a HDR FOX T2 on a Foxsat-HDR,

The steps required

Copy the recording to a PC.

Replace the aac audio track with an ac3 one.

Create the required sidecar file structure using AV2HDR. Upload the files directly to a Foxsat-HDR or a NAS drive with DLNA server capability (if you have the required CF package).

The files are decrypted on the foxsat and play over dnla to the hd fox, I would have thought the same files mounted to the hd fox would play on it too, or do the files become encrypted again because they are now showing on the hd fox USB hard drive?
I get the impression that Black Hole and Graham think that you want to play your HD-FOX T2 files on your Foxsat HDR. Your post #48 was possibly slightly confusing.

You cannot play easily play anything recorded on the HDR FOX T2 on the Foxsat-hdr over a network. The Foxsat only has a DNLA server it has no client capability. The only content it can play externally is from a source it thinks is directly connected to a usb port, and has the required sidecar files. In any case the Freeview-HD files have an audio codec (aac) that the Foxsat does not support.

You can play unencrypted recordings made on a HDR FOX T2 on a Foxsat-HDR,

The steps required

Copy the recording to a PC.

Replace the aac audio track with an ac3 one.

Create the required sidecar file structure using AV2HDR. Upload the files directly to a Foxsat-HDR or a NAS drive with DLNA server capability (if you have the required CF package).

Thanks but I don't need to view files from my hd fox on my foxsat, I am trying to view my files mounted on my hd fox from my foxsat, which I am already able to do via dlna

Has anyone got any ideas as to why I can't play my mounted files that are on my HD-FOX T2 from my HDR FOXSAT?
I can play my files from my foxsat over the network to my fox hd, all my files are unencrypted.
I get the impression that Black Hole and Graham think that you want to play your HD-FOX T2 files on your Foxsat HDR. Your post #48 was possibly slightly confusing.
Certainly I'm confused!

I am also confused,

Thanks but I don't need to view files from my hd fox on my foxsat, I am trying to view my files mounted on my hd fox from my foxsat, which I am already able to do via dlna

You cannot view anything by DLNA on a Foxsat. The CF DLNA software is a server only. It has no client capability. The HDR FOX T2 will play back video content without sidecar file support, the FOXSAT-HDR will not.

You can play back video content from a remote drive on the Foxsat-hdr but only if the required sidecar files are present and the Foxsat thinks it's a usb drive directly connected to one of it's usb ports.

OK, maybe I have got some terminology mixed up!

I have an HDR Foxsat upstairs and a HD Fox T2 downstairs both with custom firmware.
My aim is (or was) to stream content recorded on the Foxsat upstairs to the HD Fox downstairs and have been able to do that but obviously with limited functionality. I am able to stream HD content because my recordings on the Foxsat are unencryped using a method nobody should know about! I am also able to stream from my Foxsat to my PC using VLC player.
Apart from the odd occasion whilst streaming to the HD Fox it has cut out mid programme it has been successful (I use 200mbps homeplugs for a wired network) occasionally the Foxsat dissapears off the network for a reason I have not really worked out, it is generally OK though.

Then whilst watching an HD programme streamed to my HD Fox I noticed the audio description was active and couldn't be changed due to my limited functionality, I thought maybe I'd recorded it like that, so checked the recording upstairs and it was fine normal audio.

I tried the workaround that Graham suggested, stripping the unwanted audio out and ftp-ing back to my Foxsat, first attempt didn't work so I will try that again with a smaller file.

I then installed network shares automount onto my HD Fox as I have a USB hard drive connected to my HD Fox. After working out what to enter into the file settings my recordings from the Foxsat appeared on my HD Fox in the USB hard drive section but they don't play for some reason. Maybe I have set this up incorrectly, because I know my files from the Foxsat will play on my HD Fox over the network, so there shouldn't be a compatability issue.

I hope this now makes sense. Thanks again for your assistance.

Back