System is Initialising

Have installed 3.13 and all appears to be back to normal. This is very strange as I never experienced any problems with 3.12 until this behaviour. Thanks again for those who tried to help and particularly to prpr for directing me to the latest build.

Where? What?

I quote "The only functional change is the last one which resolves a fairly uncommon problem where startup of the custom firmware components can be delayed by up to a minute, usually leading to the display of a web page saying that the internal hard disk has not been found. This was being caused due to timeouts doing DNS resolution for the address of the default gateway. Even if you weren't suffering from the 60 second delay, this change should improve the startup time of the web interface."

The uncommon fault is exactly what was happening on my hummy. No idea why it should start happening when nothing changed on my system. Happy days as back to normal now. :)

It would have been helpful to use the quote facility to link back to your source. All I found is (https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Customised_Firmware_Release_Notes):

I just read the post ):

But what about the network?

My system includes the network and all equipment connected to it, including the hummy. As I said in my original post, my hummy was working fine before I went on holiday but whilst away something happened to it as I lost remote access. Now that I have upgraded to 3.13, all is working well (with no other changes to anything else). I have absolutely no idea what happened.

Back