T2 Changing channel by itself

londonboy

My T2 is changing channels by itself. I have done a retune and its still doing it. does anyone know how i can fix this. any help appreciated as getting no joy from web search

Are there recordings scheduled to start in the next 15 minutes when this happens ?. Does it still happen if you cover the front of the box with a piece of card ?

Exactly the same problem here, it started happening last week. Volume and channels changing constantly and every now and then the unit goes into standby. Tried removing all remotes from the room, covered the front of the unit, re-tuned, used air duster on the unit's buttons, only thing left I can think is to take the unit apart to make sure there isn't a build up of dust behind the front casing which is causing the buttons to stick. At a loss really, at it's really frustrating.

I think its a scrambled epg but its just a hunch. I will re flash the firmware and see what happens. any other help from anyone is appreciated.

I don't think we've seen this before, strange we should bet two at the same time. Previously misbehaving IR interfaces have been traced to malfunctioning remotes, other remotes, or interfering sources.

Are you running standard or custom firmware? With custom, other people on your network could change channels remotely..

Custom would also let you look at the IR signals being received by your box which might throw some light on things.

Have you tried looking out from the Humax's position around the room using a digital camera to see if there are any unexpected IR sources? Covering the sensor should have eliminated that possibility though - the sensor location is shown on this page: http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/FAQs#Where_is_the_Remote_Control_Sensor.3F

Standard firmware here. At first I thought it might be my scart cat5 sender that I use on the box, took that out of the equation also to no avail. There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, take this evening for instance. Constantly changing channel, volume and then started going into standby. Then since 8:50ish this evening, nothing.

I recommend a factory reset just to be sure. Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default

I recommend a factory reset just to be sure. Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default

I was hoping not to be so drastic but fear it might be the last resort.

Having just spoken to my wife though who is off work sick today, she said that it hasn't happened today at all, very strange. If it starts again this evening it's either me (new phone maybe?) or maybe interference from the neighbor.

Any reports of people being affected by the 4g freeview issue reported earlier in the year? (I can't post the link because of post count)

Not yet, the current EE 4g service uses existing frequencies. We do not expect trouble until the other service providers come on line with the new frequency allocations (which encroach on the higher channel numbers in the TV band).

The factory reset is not very drastic, it does not for example wipe your existing recordings. It will however require another retune and wipe the recording schedule.

Not yet, the current EE 4g service uses existing frequencies. We do not expect trouble until the other service providers come on line with the new frequency allocations (which encroach on the higher channel numbers in the TV band).

The factory reset is not very drastic, it does not for example wipe your existing recordings. It will however require another retune and wipe the recording schedule.
I have tried factory reset but problem still there. guess its a fault with the unit. will call up humax and have a chat see whats up. thanks anyway for 4 the help folks.

Humax are taking unit back on a warranty return.

They did ask me to do the following

1: check remote buttons not stuck and remove batteries

2: hold down ok and zero. after 20 secs it will ask to change remote IR frequency.

none of the above helped me but may be of use to people in the future.

also contrary to other information i saw on the web all hdr fox T2 come with 2 year warranty from date of purchase. not 1 year as some people have put. this was confirmed by humax. happy PVRing. LB

Pretty much what they said to me also LB. Although they also suggested opening the front to see if the ribbon connection looked okay, mine is typically just out of 2 year warranty (1 month) so I'll have a look over the weekend.

Having just spoken to my wife though who is off work sick today, she said that it hasn't happened today at all, very strange. If it starts again this evening it's either me (new phone maybe?) or maybe interference from the neighbor.

This turned out to be a red herring, the unit played up about an hour before I got home last night.

Do you have anything close to the touch sensitive front panel buttons which may be causing interference? I don't think these buttons can stick since they don't move.

Do you have anything close to the touch sensitive front panel buttons which may be causing interference? I don't think these buttons can stick since they don't move.

I have my amp below and centre speaker on top. Part of my testing at the weekend will include moving the unit a couple of meters away.

Back