T2 Changing channel by itself

Two postings and you conclude not an isolated issue. Have you tried covering the front of the unit with say a piece of cardboard ? I'm with the other posters, it's most likely a rogue source of IR. It's most definitely not a common issue. Have you got other Humax kit like , Foxsat-hdr, HDR FOX T2, HD FOX T2 or HDR 1000/1010S boxes ?

Yes, I've covered the front of the box with tape, no good. Only thing I can think of at the moment is that the Anynet system (controls surround sound systems etc through the Tv) on my Samsung TV may be the problem. Have tried disabling, but again, no joy.

Strange issue this one!

But watever it is doesnt seem to be rectified by getting a replacement box! This problem seems extremely rare so the likelihood of two people getting two faulty boxes in a row each is extremely unlikely - unless the issue effects them all!

It seems probable that all hdr fox t2's would exhibit the same issue with your exact setup. So it would suggest an incapability with something else its hooked up to or it's caused by something in the environment its in.

So, what is your setup?
-tv model/make
-surround sound yes/no
-surround sound hdmi or optical out
-hummy in cabinet yes/no
-hdmi cable type (1.2, 1.3 etc)
-anything else in close proximity to hummy

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Only thing I can think of at the moment is that the Anynet system (controls surround sound systems etc through the Tv) on my Samsung TV may be the problem.
It's definitely worth trying the suggestion in #41, the CEC control system built into HDMI goes by lots of other names depending on Manufacturer Anynet, Smart-Link etc. use CEC control

Strange issue this one!

But watever it is doesnt seem to be rectified by getting a replacement box! This problem seems extremely rare so the likelihood of two people getting two faulty boxes in a row each is extremely unlikely - unless the issue effects them all!

It seems probable that all hdr fox t2's would exhibit the same issue with your exact setup. So it would suggest an incapability with something else its hooked up to or it's caused by something in the environment its in.

So, what is your setup?
-tv model/make
-surround sound yes/no
-surround sound hdmi or optical out
-hummy in cabinet yes/no
-hdmi cable type (1.2, 1.3 etc)
-anything else in close proximity to hummy

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure of the model but it's a Samsung TV. Surround sound yes. Surround is via the HDMI at the moment, so I'll try the optical out as an alternative. Not sure what HDMI cable type I have. There's a wireless router close by to the box. Will try switching that off also. Finally, I'll also try the scart set up to see if I get the same problem with that. Will keep you posted...

Noisy mains perhaps? Electronic dimmer switches can cause electrical noise, as can compact fluorescent lights (someone mentioned those), faulty thermostats on fridges, central heating systems etc.

Since two people have had the same problem with two boxes it seems to point to something in their houses. Is it possible to take the box to a friend/relative/neighbour's house and try it there? If you can take it next door that would be good as adjacent properties are usually on different phases of the 3-phase supply which would eliminate that (although I agree it's a long shot).

R
Not sure of the model but it's a Samsung TV. Surround sound yes. Surround is via the HDMI at the moment, so I'll try the optical out as an alternative. Not sure what HDMI cable type I have. There's a wireless router close by to the box. Will try switching that off also. Finally, I'll also try the scart set up to see if I get the same problem with that. Will keep you posted...

Think I've cracked it! Noisy mains. Bought a mains conditioner off eBay for £30 and the box hasn't changed channel or volume since! It's been 5 hours and counting. I'll update in a few days.

I have managed to obtain a couple of these myself. A single outlet 500w and a double outlet 1000w unit. All my entertainment equip is supplies by these.

I got mine free, gratis and for now't.

HI All

I am still getting the channel change issue (it never went away really but became so infrequent as to be not a problem)

Not so now-it does it all the time and now at high and low speeds as to render box unusable-just got the YV box swapped and still does it. I have tried everything but problems persists.
New TV/Leads/All Remotes disabled/Internet Router Switched Off/Dect Phones off...and so on

I have even earthed the box chassis to independent mains socket...still it persists with random channel changing.

I love YV but its not working for me at the moment.

Any ideas. Ta LB

I completely forgot about this thread. Sorry to hear you're still having issues LB, since my resolution last year I'm still issue free and am also in a different property now.

I think I'd try and eliminate everything at your property by temporarily setting up at family or friends and testing for a few hours.

I have recently purchased a HDR-FOX-T2 (2 weeks ago) and am having the same problems as above: changing channels (up and down); changing volume (up and down); and going into standby mode on its own accord. I have tried removing all electronic devices from their sockets within the room, made sure that all lights were turned off, put a towel (triple folded) over the IR receiver and unplugged all cables from the back of the box. Even after doing this, the box still kept changing channels by itself - very strange. The problem I am having is that the box is within warranty; however, I have installed the customised firmware and am 1) unsure, even with the instructions, how to remove the firmware; and 2) following the instructions and removing it when the box sometimes puts itself into standby mode... Any suggestions?

Have you tried connecting the TV by SCART instead of HDMI?

Stripping out the custom firmware is no great difficulty:
  1. Download a copy of official firmware 1.02.32 and unzip to a USB stick - links on the Wiki HERE.
  2. On the WebIF Diagnostics page, click the button "Set Return-to-manufacturer (RMA) Mode".
  3. Once the HDR-FOX has rebooted, it will show "RMA" on the front panel. Install the 1.02.32 standard firmware.
  4. If you have new hardware, download a copy of the unofficial 1.03.06 and unzip to a USB stick, and install it. New hardware is identified by the aerial sockets being paired vertically on the rear panel, old hardware has them horizontally. Even with new hardware, it is necessary to install 1.02.32 first and then 1.03.06 over it. Do not install 1.03.06 if you have old hardware.
Your HDR-FOX should now be "clean" and ready for warranty return.

I have recently purchased a HDR-FOX-T2 (2 weeks ago) and am having the same problems as above: changing channels (up and down); changing volume (up and down); and going into standby mode on its own accord.
I have been having the same problem with quite a new box ('RE' version with new tuner). Unfortunately I don't have the receipt and Humax want £110 to 'exchange' it, so I decided to have a look at it myself. The fault (in my case) is in the electronics of the front panel. I swapped the panel with one from another HDR (ca. 3 years old) and this fixed the problem, but the fault is now manifesting in the older box. I tried removing the on/ off switch and the volume/ channel buttons from the panel (buttons only) but this has no effect. Neither does covering the IR receiver. As it is a relatively easy component to replace, I got the soldering iron out and removed the IR receiver from the board: this did not fix the fault. As there is nothing else I can do to fix the board I am currently trying to source a replacement.

Thanks very much for that, your efforts have demonstrated there is a problem with some units and localised it.

That's interesting. The RE models have a newer firmware version on the front panel - does the hardware look the same?

That's interesting. The RE models have a newer firmware version on the front panel - does the hardware look the same?
It looks the same to me: the board is green rather than the blue of the new main board. I have uploaded a photo showing the serial number sticker etc. The blue LEDs are a deeper blue, with a more purple hue than the old boxes (e.g units supplied with loader a7.30). This is similar to the later 'old hardware' boxes (e.g. supplied with loader a7.33) though, so is not a new development.

I have had an email back from Humax, they can supply a new front board for £29.48 delivered: this does not seem too pricey.

Attachments

• Front_panel.jpg
    Front_panel.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 27
Back