Tablet Advice

There are some impartial reviews from users on the Hudl User Group (HUG) website. There's also a tech support area- perhaps someone will be able to resolve the BT Sport issue?

There's also the chance to win a hudl for those saving up!

(Google for "Hudl User Group")

The one gotcha is the BT Sport app which does not do full screen properly but that is the same on all Android tablets it seems.

Yes it does, I just tried it on my Nexus 7v1. Just pinch outwards on the screen to get rid of the banners top and bottom.

Asda are selling the Samsung Galaxy Silver Tab 2 7.0 with Wifi 8GB Android Tablet for £99, LINK HERE , I've not had much luck finding Asda special offers in my local branch but you never know your luck. Specification HERE

Asda are selling the Samsung Galaxy Silver Tab 2 7.0 with Wifi 8GB Android Tablet for £99, LINK HERE , I've had much luck finding Asda special offers in my local branch but you never know your luck. Specification HERE

8Gb seems very low and can't be compensated by inserting a microSD card.

You also have to put up with that stupid large connector rather than microUSB. (Another charging cable to carry around.)

Good bargain, though, cheaper than Amazon.

The Times are doing an offer at the moment. You subscribe to the Times/Sunday Times digital edition and get a Google Nexus 7 32Gb free. The digital sub has to be taken for 18 months. The subscription costs £4 a week. If you pay up-front the tablet is free, otherwise if you pay monthly it is £50.

http://nexus.thetimes.co.uk/

There are cheaper ways of getting this tablet than spending £300 on the 18 Month subscription

Not if you actually want the subscription, which would cost £300.

From the Google Play store it is £239. I have seen it advertised in Waitrose for £199 but I am not sure if that is the old version. Amazon have it for £210. The total package is therefore worth(?) about £500, but only if you want the Times subscription.

Amazon has just dropped the price of its Kindle Fire HD 7" tablet from £159 down to £119.

The 16Gb Kindle Fire HD has dropped again to just £99.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0083PWAWU

Meanwhile, the Tesco Hudl just got Which? endorsement as best budget tablet. A microSD card slot for expansion and HDMI Out are features that even their premium best buys don't have!

I just picked up two Hudls from Tesco for effectively £55 each - after a £20 discount for spending over a certain amount and trading in clubcard vouchers at 2-1 : )

I just picked up two Hudls from Tesco for effectively £55 each - after a £20 discount for spending over a certain amount and trading in clubcard vouchers at 2-1 : )

Wow, impressive!

Back