The Arms Dictionary

"circular" reminds me of a programming glossary I had back in the 80s that contained entries something like (it was a long time ago):

endless loop: see loop, endless
loop, endless: see endless loop
recursion: see recursion

viaduct:

Why a Duck?
tumblr_lq4e63kLGr1qgeckf.png

Groucho: Look Einstein, here’s Coconut Manner. No matter what you say this is Coconut Manner. Here’s Coconut Manner, here’s Coconut Heights, that’s a swamp, and, uh, right over here by the road fork, that’s Coconut Junction.

Chico: Where you get Coconut Custard?

Groucho: Alright that’s on one of the forks. You probably eat with your knife so you won’t have to worry about that. Now here is the main road leading out of Coconut Manner, that’s the road I wish you were on. Now, over here on this side we’re going to build an eye and ear hospital, this will be a sight for sore eyes. Understand? Now, right over here this is the residential section.

Chico: People live there, heh?

Groucho: No, that’s the stockyard. Now all along here, this is the river front, and all along the river, all along the river those are all levies.

Chico: That’s the Jewish neighborhood?

Groucho: Well we’ll passover that. You’re a peach, boy. Now here is a little peninsula and here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland.

Chico: Why a duck?

Groucho: I’m alright, how’re you? I say here is a little peninsula and here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland.

Chico: Alright, why a duck?

Groucho: I’m not playing “Ask me Another”, I say that’s a viaduct!

Chico: Alright, why a duck?! Why a-why a duck? Why-a no chicken?

Groucho: Well, I don’t know vianochicken, I’m a stranger here myself. All I know is that it’s a viaduct. You try to cross over there a chicken and you’ll find out why a duck.

Chico: I wasn’t- (mumbles)

Groucho: It’s-it’s deep water that’s why a duck. Deep water.

Chico: That’s alright.

Groucho: Look, look, suppose you were out horseback riding and you came to that stream and you wanted to fort over. You couldn’t make it, it’s too deep.

Chico: Why do you want with a fort if you have a horse?

Groucho: Well, I’m sorry the matter ever came up. All I know is that it’s a viaduct.

Chico: Now, look, I catch onto why-a no horse, why a chicken, why this, why that, I no catch onto why a duck.

Groucho: I was only fooling, I was only fooling! They’re gonna build a tunnel there in the morning. Now is that clear to ya?

Chico: Yes, everything except the why a duck.

Groucho: Well, that’s fine, then we can go ahead with this thing. Now look, I’m gonna take you down to show you the cemetery. Ive got a waiting list of 50 people at that cemetery just dying to get in, but I like you.

Chico: yeah, you’re my friend.

Groucho: I like you and I’m gonna shove you ahead of all of them. Im gonna see that you get a steady position, and if I can arrange for it, it’ll be horizontal. Now remember, when the bidding starts, somebody calls out a hundred dollars,

Chico: I say two hundred.

Groucho: That’s grand, and if somebody says three hundred?

Chico: I say four hundred.

Groucho: That’s great! Now you know how to get down there?

Chico: Oh no.

Groucho: Now look here, you go down there down that narrow path there until you come to that little jungle there, you see it? Where those palms are? There’s a little clearing there, a little clearing with a wire fence around it, you see that wire fence there.

Chico: Alright, why a fence?

Groucho: Oh no! We’re not gonna go through all that again!

Back