Transfer Recordings To Pc and Second 1800t.

D

Deleted member 7950

Long story short but SD recordings would transfer onto my computer and onto my second 1800t without any problems and all of a sudden none of my programs are working at all, im not a specky person so if there are tehcnical parts please breakdown into a easier way of explaining, when i try and open the files on the PC using diffirnet USB'S , other humax 1800t ( i have two ) nothing works. Depending on the software I get a similar message telling me that the file dosen't work. VLC just a blank screen, Windows media centre " windows media centre cannot find the specific file ". With windows media player I get " Media player cannot play the file , the player may not support the file type ". Before i had these problems i was able to transfer SD recordings from my humax onto my second one with no iussues and was able to watch them on my PC , ive tried formating the USB's and it makes no difference, tried on two seperate 1800t, tried multiple USB's

My knowledge around technology isnt that great so please explain in the easiest way possible.

Thanks in advance.

attached is a screenshot from the usb after copying programs ( randomyl recorded prgrams for testing )

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 17
If you copy them onto the USB and try to play them from your first machine, do they then play OK? If so, it suggests that, like the HD recordings, they're getting encrypted. The broadcasters have the option of doing that, but they don't normally do so for SD recordings. But ISTR on the HDR-FOX CF forum some people noticed a few were getting sent with the encrypted flag set.

If you mean once I have copied a program into the USB and try to play it directly from the USB then no they don't work. I tried a couple of times last night and when I play from start it just gives me a black screen for a couple of seconds and returns to live tv , beforehand they used to play straight away.

How about if you rename them and copy them back to the internal drive of the 1800t? Do they then play (despite having been copied off and then on)?

I have not tried that yet , would that make any difference ?

Also could you tell me about transferring them onto PC , as I've been having issues.

Thanks

SD recordings would transfer onto my computer and onto my second 1800t without any problems
Presumably you were copying from an 1800T and they would play on a different 1800T and your computer and it is SD recordings that won't play now?

Before i had these problems i was able to transfer SD recordings from my humax onto my second one with no iussues and was able to watch them on my PC , ive tried formating the USB's and it makes no difference, tried on two seperate 1800t, tried multiple USB's
Unusual problem. To start at the beginning, have you tried putting the Humax into standby, waiting until the disk stops spinning and then turning off the electrical power for 10 seconds? If that doesn't work then try a reset to default settings. If that doesn't work talk to Humax support and see if they have a system flush file.

If that doesn't work talk to Humax support and see if they have a system flush file.
That is just daft. The system flush for HDR-FOX is something af123 came up with; Humax support won't have heard of it and the time spent contacting them will be a waste.

Depending on the software I get a similar message telling me that the file dosen't work. VLC just a blank screen, Windows media centre " windows media centre cannot find the specific file ". With windows media player I get " Media player cannot play the file , the player may not support the file type ".
Windows Media Centre and Windows Media Player won't play .ts files unless you install the codecs required (which, with your admitted level of knowledge, you probably haven't). VLC should, so if this used to work for you but now doesn't the problem is to work out what has changed.

I concur with the others - it looks very much like encryption is getting in the way. The question is: why?

(Unfortunately I shall have to assume the 1800T is similar to an HDR-FOX - somebody will correct me if necessary)
  • Turn the 1800T completely off, to the extent of switching off at the wall. Turn it on again.
  • Make a specific test recording, making sure you record from a StDef channel.
  • Bring up the media list and check the test recording - does it show "HD" or "Enc" icons?
  • Use the 1800T menus to copy the recording to USB.
  • Transfer the USB drive to the PC.
  • Does VLC play the <recording>.ts file? If not...
  • Download Splash Player (free version). Does Splash play it?

I concur with the others - it looks very much like encryption is getting in the way. The question is: why?
  • Make a specific test recording, making sure you record from a StDef channel.
  • Bring up the media list and check the test recording - does it show "HD" or "Enc" icons?
It really does sound like HiDef programmes transferred to USB and still encrypted. I've never come across a problem with my 2000T transferring StdDef to USB (except for when the BBC started broadcasting films with the protection set). However, looking at the screenshot, Scott84531 appears to have transferred "American Dad", which I think is on ITV2 - so can't be HiDef.:confused:

If it is just one (or a few) recordings we are talking about, maybe this is the "lost key" syndrome - but my plan should resolve that.

That is just daft. The system flush for HDR-FOX is something af123 came up with; Humax support won't have heard of it and the time spent contacting them will be a waste.
I don't think it is daft and I am rather offended by the suggestion that it is daft. Humax support have supplied system reset files for various Humax models. I don't know for certain if they have one for the HDR1800T but certainly worth asking.

If that's the case, fair enough and I take it back. I am not aware of it ever having been mentioned on this forum before - reference?

I still think it is not worth the time though.

Last edited:
Am I missing something obvious here? Scott84531 has two 1800Ts. It appears that he's having trouble transferring from one of the 1800Ts to USB and then to the second 1800T. Is there also a problem transferring from the second 1800T to USB and then to the first?

It wasn't just films - it afflicted various programmes - but that was fixed months ago.
I only remember the films. But never mind, as Foxy (or any similar hmt editing procedure), works on a 2000T - it never bothered me. So I didn't really notice when it was cured.

If that's the case, fair enough and I take it back. I am not aware of it ever having been mentioned on this forum before - reference?
Sorry just been landed with three days work to do by tomorrow and I'm working Saturday and Sunday (the joys of being self employed) so no chance for me to look in the near future.

thanks for all the replies , for some reason ( not complaining ) the SD recordings are now transferring sucsessfully , but my next question is how to decrypt the HD files , should I make a new thread or is here fine ?

I would keep it here as it's relevant to your 'problem' (that seems to have gone away):)

Back