Transfer Recordings To Pc and Second 1800t.

Ok good, just to make sure is it possible to decrypt HD files

thanks for all the replies , for some reason ( not complaining ) the SD recordings are now transferring sucsessfully ,
It was probably just a glitch cured by a reboot.

but my next question is how to decrypt the HD files , should I make a new thread or is here fine ?
  1. Download Foxy to your PC - see here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxy...-utility-for-the-hdr-fox-t2-now-released.240/ ;
  2. Copy the HiDef recording to USB (the recording will not play on anything other than the original recorder);
  3. Move the USB drive to your PC, use Foxy to alter the .hmt file;
  4. Copy the recording back onto your 1800T (the same one as recorded it) - the recording is now decrypted on the 1800T;
  5. Copy the recording from the 1800T to USB - the recording is now decrypted on the USB drive.
This is all a lot easier if you use FTP:
  1. Download Foxy to your PC;
  2. Access the 1800T by FTP and copy the recording .hmt file to the PC;
  3. Use Foxy to alter the .hmt file;
  4. FTP the .hmt file back to the 1800T to replace the existing .hmt file;
  5. Copy the recording to USB using the Humax menus, not FTP - the recording is now decrypted on the USB drive (not on the 1800T).

Also, see here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/how-to-download-humax-files-to-pc-decrypted.436/

Okay thank you for replying and sorry if i was a nuisance asking about these things that might be really simple but as i said prior to this im not a very technical person :)

Okay thank you for replying and sorry if i was a nuisance asking about these things that might be really simple but as i said prior to this im not a very technical person :)
No need to apologise; Forums need people to ask questions and people to answer questions.

Alright then, i can hapily say that all this effort has paid off and i can now transfewr SD and Hd filed , im only doing 1 minute test just to make sure it works becvause if I done a full program i would be here all day ( waiting hours ).

Thanks again - attached is a screenshot of a program I thought would be of intres ( funny faces )

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    884.7 KB · Views: 9
All is working now, Now I just have to wait patienly to downlaod a few film's / programs onto my PC. Whilst im here do you know of any good video editors ? I would like to to cut out the advertisments.

Back