.ts files unplayable

Having a WebIF click-to-unlock option would save installing auto-unprotect if one only wanted the occasional decrypt, and something we could easily instruct the casual user to do.
I don't see why anyone would not want to install auto-unprotect. Besides, implementing the database change as part of the enc toggle is difficult - you might have gathered that since I haven't implemented it so far - there are too many corner cases. Auto-unprotect isn't selective, it does a bulk database update and converts any indexed HD content to no-DTCP. It doesn't have to handle files which have recently been renamed etc.

This in the Note at the top left of the flow chart
Oh yes.. sorry - just put it in a note box, feel free to revert if you don't like it (I'm not sure!)

An excellent reference page for anyone who wants to understand the whole encryption issue.

Well I thought it had gone. Something strange happening here.

If select Opt+ against an HD recording I see Set Enc. If I then select a SD one I see the same menu.

If I refresh the page and select a SD one first the menu includes Toggle Enc

The web page has Toggle ENC in it but when you click OPT+ next to a HD recording, it updates the entry to say either Set ENC or Remove ENC depending on the current status of the file.

Understood. Selecting an HD recording first had led me to believe that Toggle Enc had been removed, hence my remark about it being removed from the Wiki.

Please don't remove webif -> opt+ -> decrypt

This is what is working for me at the moment. Although I should try USB transfer because it is much faster than wifi to the target machine (MacBook Air) which has no Ethernet.

We're not talking about removing the WebIF decrypt option, just the Toggle Enc option. Decrypt will continue to work as it does now - StDef decrypts as is, HiDef requires auto-unprotect to be running and clear the Enc flag (amongst other things) first.

I have auto-unprotect running, but I recall that in the past, on some HD recordings, the ENC flag was not removed by it.

These were ones using the instant record and stop buttons on the Remote Control.

I did a trial yesterday and the flag remained for over 30 minutes, but it didn't survive a reboot. I will try some more today leaving the box on for a longer period.

I'm not sure how this works on a HD-FOX. No DLNA server, so no DLNA database - and no need for auto-unprotect. AF, this might be a reason to keep the WebIF Enc control.

I have auto-unprotect running, but I recall that in the past, on some HD recordings, the ENC flag was not removed by it.

These were ones using the instant record and stop buttons on the Remote Control.

I did a trial yesterday and the flag remained for over 30 minutes, but it didn't survive a reboot. I will try some more today leaving the box on for a longer period.
What version of auto-unprotect are you running? If you are running the latest version you could try reverting it to 1.0.6. Alternatively, use 1.0.7 and upgrade the firmware to the latest version. I don't recall seeing any failures with instant record on either of these combinations.

Later.. I didn't spot that you had an HD (must be the blue font). It might just be a feature of the HD. The timings are quite critical and changed with the latest firmware version. I don't have an HD to run tests on, but there may well be differences between this and the HDR.

Then again how useful is auto-unprotect for an HD? You have to reboot to run the bootHDR mode anyway so the unprotect flag will be removed then. I can't see that clearing the ENC flag instantly will do anything for you when in HD mode.

I have 1.0.7 with the latest official firmware and companion CF.

I did say in the past.

Are you saying that without auto-unprotect booting into HDRmode removes the ENC flag?

As for the blue text, if members would use the suggested colours, BLUE for HD and GREEN for HDR...

I'm staying with "Show Signatures = Off" !

Are you saying that without auto-unprotect booting into HDRmode removes the ENC flag?

No, you still need auto-unprotect. There's no problem running auto-unprotect on a HD model though, it just skips the DLNA database step.

Back