.ts files unplayable

I was just seeking clarification of xyz321's last paragraph. I had not tried it.

I have two further test recordings waiting for the flag to be removed.

Those two recordings and two set from the schedule, retain the ENC flag even after a lengthy wait; four hours for the first one. All cleared after a soft reboot. (RC off/on.)

No problem for me, as I rarely record/decrypt in HiDef other than to see if it works.

I can watch decrypted recordings on my iPad, via MediaTomb, but haven't found an App that plays HiDef sound, yet.

The auto-unprotect package provides two methods to remove the Enc flag. It performs an initial scan at boot to remove the Enc flag on any recordings which have been made since the last boot. In addition to this a daemon runs which should remove the flag when a recording completes. It is this last stage which may or may not be working properly on the HD model. Since you have to reboot to get into HDR mode for decryption, the functions performed by the daemon are superfluous on the HD and will probably be disabled when the package is next updated.

Since you have to reboot to get into HDR mode for decryption,

That's no longer the case with recent versions of BootHDR. The Humax software is stopped, several filesystems are overlaid, then the HDR software is started. No reboot required until you want to revert to the HD software.

That's no longer the case with recent versions of BootHDR. The Humax software is stopped, several filesystems are overlaid, then the HDR software is started. No reboot required until you want to revert to the HD software.
OK, my mistake, fair enough.

@4291 You could try either reverting auto-unprotect to 1.0.6 or upgrade the Humax firmware & custom firmware to the latest version 1.02.27 /2.10. I am not 100% certain it will fix it since I can not test it on an HD.

Thanks for your reply.

No problem here as any reboot seems to remove the EPG flag if auto-unprotect is installed.

I had concerns, unfounded it seems, that if Toggle Enc was removed from the webif there wouldn't be a way of removing the flag without auto-unprotect.

I shall hold fire on upgrading to 1.02.27 (Beta) for the time being, unless something comes along that makes it a must.

The auto-unprotect package provides two methods to remove the Enc flag...

I have some encrypted HD recordings on an external drive which were archived before it was possible to unencrypt HD recordings. If I copy these back to the HDD will auto-unprotect remove the Enc flag?

I have some encrypted HD recordings on an external drive which were archived before it was possible to unencrypt HD recordings. If I copy these back to the HDD will auto-unprotect remove the Enc flag?

Yes, as long you are using the same Humax box, e.g. it won't work with a replacement Humax box

It might be quicker to install the 'mvdisks' package since there would be no need to copy the files. It will make the external drive appear under "My Video".

I installed the custom firmware this afternoon and I'm trying out the download options, figured it would be useful to watch some recorded programmes on laptop whilst on the move, but I'm not having any luck playing .ts files despite following some of the instructions in this thread.

I first use OPT+ in the Web Interface and selected download, this was a 2.6MB/sec transfer and the resulting 23.TS file was unplayable in WMP and VLC.
I then manually decrypted the recording then downloaded it, this time it was a 10MB/sec transfer but still unplayable. The filename was Episodes_20120615_2203.ts this time.

hdrfoxt2_web.png

I'm not sure why the Shrink icon is there, I never shrunk it yet. Is there something else I should have done beforehand to make the file playable?

Also, will the resulting file have subtitles if I fix the issue with unplayable .ts files? Not worth pursuing this if it doesn't.

Edit: I also tried the copy to USB function when I didn't have custom firmware, the file would play, but VLC would crash when I manually seeked to the programme start, presumably the subtitle stream causing this crash?

Neither WMP nor VLC will play back HD .ts files (though VLC will do SD). Try installing XBMC instead.

The Shrink icon is a bug affecting some HD files that af123 is currently looking into.

Is there something else I should have done beforehand to make the file playable?

Have a look at the decryption flowchart HERE it shows all the steps required. The shrink icon does appear in error on some Hi-Def files, this is being looked into. VLC does play both Hi-def and SD TS files from the Humax, Try also splash-lite

I'm not sure why both 'Enc' and 'Dec' icons are showing. You should install auto-unprotect to remove the 'Enc' icon. If this was not previously installed then the decryption has probably failed. After installing auto-unprotect you would then need to wait a few minutes before attempting to download again.

Thanks, made a quick SD recording and it played in VLC with subtitles no problem.

Splash Lite doesn't seem to support subtitle tracks on files from the Humax, it's greyed out in the right click menu.

I'll try out the auto-unprotect addon to see if this resolves the unplayable HD .TS files, or failing that, XMBC.

Auto-unprotect fixed it, can playback files now. Though it looks horribly interlaced in VLC whilst fine in MPC-HC/WMP/Spash (but neither of those three support subs/audio). Will have to live with that I guess :)

I don't know if Ch4HD is doing something different as 2 Broke Girls is still crashing VLC when I seek to the programme start, but BBC HD's Episodes is fine.

I'm not sure why both 'Enc' and 'Dec' icons are showing. You should install auto-unprotect to remove the 'Enc' icon. If this was not previously installed then the decryption has probably failed. After installing auto-unprotect you would then need to wait a few minutes before attempting to download again.

There was a bug in the web interface that attempted decryption even if auto-unprotect wasn't installed. In that case, it just re-downloaded the encrypted stream but still set the 'Dec' flag. Fixed in the next version anyway.

Back