[tunefix] Automatic channel organisation and maintenance

tunefix 1.9.6 released to cope with the new (renamed) "Com7 National" network.

Last edited:
Hello all, did another retune today as one two epg entries stated retune needed

Did the retune and the missing channels reappeared, but Forces TV disappeared, did a bit on research and found if I do a manual search of channel 55 which is supposed to be the channel Forces TV is broadcast on in the Winter Hill area, nothing, if I do the retune with the DVB-T2 option set, I see Forces TV appear along with some other channels, some are +1 channels and press save, when I go back to epg, they can be seen, but a short time later, they are gone again

What's happening and what if anything can be done to keep the saved channels

You need to update your tunefix package to accommodate the changed name of the COM7 mux. Until you update (or disable the package by uninstalling it), it is deleting all services on COM7 (ie UHF55) at next boot.

tunefix 1.9.6 released to cope with the new "Com7 National" network.

Upgrade to tunefix 1.9.6
The powers that be changed the network name for COM7 from "Com78 National" to "Com7 National" which upset things, as the former is special-cased, and the latter wasn't... until just now.

Upgrade to the latest version of the Tunefix package
tunefix 1.9.6 released to cope with the new (renamed) "Com7 National" network.
While things have hopefully settled down for a while might it be worthwhile making the check for %National% in case they introduce new National muxes in the future

yes, I have funefix-update but that would need a restart
tunefix-update does not update tunefix (despite its name).

As I seem to remember explaining to you before: tunefix sorts out your services according to your preference so you don't have to do it manually every time you retune (delete the dross, put specific services on your preferred LCNs); tunefix-update tweaks your unit's tuning database when the broadcasters shuffle things around so that you rarely need to retune at all (just reboot).

The recent problem was with a bit of tunefix bureaucracy, and required an update to the tunefix package to solve it. That can be done manually via WebIF >> Package Management, on the command line, or automatically by installing auto-update... but definitely not with tunefix-update.

Last edited:
I know that's not quite what you meant...
I meant having tunefix-update installed would not be sufficient to update tunefix to the required standard, which I presume is correct, and any other message is likely to confuse AE more than he/she is already.

might it be worthwhile making the check for %National% in case they introduce new National muxes in the future
I'd be more inclined to go for "Com% National" but trying to second guess these things is usually pointless. There's always somebody with different ideas to you.
I was also speculating how easy it would be to change DVB-T to DVB-T2 and came to the conclusion that it's almost impossible - a retune would be required.

Sorry Black Hole

Did a manual update of tunefix from the packages page, then a manual retune of just CH55 with the DVB-T2 option, then did a restart to make sure the CH55 channels didn't get deleted again, is that better

Query: what will be the effect of tunefix on CCTV muxes with non-standard mux names? Is there a way to prevent them being summarily deleted?

I meant having tunefix-update installed would not be sufficient to update tunefix to the required standard, which I presume is correct
It's not generally correct.
The latest tunefix-update usually has a dependency on the latest tunefix, so both will get upgraded as required whenever the next tunefix-update comes along. So both are effectively updated automatically within a day of release, assuming boxes are either switched on once a day or are left on overnight.

tunefix 2.0.0 released.
This auto-reboots overnight (between 03:00 and 04:10 if on and not recording) if there has been a user induced config. change, or an update via the tunefix-update package if installed.

My boxes come on at 04:00 for an hour to decrypt/shrink and do any other housekeeping things. Will there be consequences if they reboot after 04:00 ?
Also, as my boxes are on for the hour (04:00 to 05:00) then go back to standby, will these negate the need for tunefix to auto-reboot ?
Lastly, would it be possible to turn off auto-reboot as my boxes regularly go in and out of standby ?

Will there be consequences if they reboot after 04:00 ?
Not for this.
Also, as my boxes are on for the hour (04:00 to 05:00) then go back to standby, will these negate the need for tunefix to auto-reboot ?
Yes.
Lastly, would it be possible to turn off auto-reboot as my boxes regularly go in and out of standby ?
I guess I can make a flag file that will stop it. But unless your box is on at 3am then it won't have any effect anyway.

Back