[tunefix] Automatic channel organisation and maintenance

I don't see Sky Arts. I have simply lost Channel 11 here in Manchester.

If you are receiving from Winter Hill it appears that Sky Arts is broadcast on COM5.
It may be worth checking whether others from COM5 have gone AWOL, eg. 17 Really, 19 Dave.
If these are also missing you could try a manual tune for channel 31 - should bring up over 20 channels including:
  • Sky Arts
  • Really
  • Dave
  • 4Music
  • Pick

If you are receiving from Winter Hill it appears that Sky Arts is broadcast on COM5.
It may be worth checking whether others from COM5 have gone AWOL, eg. 17 Really, 19 Dave.
If these are also missing you could try a manual tune for channel 31 - should bring up over 20 channels including:
  • Sky Arts
  • Really
  • Dave
  • 4Music
  • Pick

I have all the above, except Sky Arts.

Clutching at straws now - but do you have anything in Tunefix Settings to either move or remove LCN 11?

I just have:

Remove channel(s) by number:
211-212
260-299
751-799

And:

Put channel BBC ONE HD on 1
Put channel BBC TWO HD on 2
Put channel ITV HD on 3
Put channel Channel 4 HD on 4
Put channel Channel 5 HD on 5
Put channel BBC FOUR HD on 40
Put channel Sky News on 99
Put channel BBC NEWS HD on 100
Put channel BBC ONE N West on 101
Put channel BBC Radio 4 on 104
Put channel BBC 6 Music on 106

Have you rebooted since the tunefix-update induced reboot? If not, then can you send me the file /tmp/xinit.log and also your tuning database which is at /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db

Yes, several times. However, since my last post I went off to have dinner, leaving the Hummy on. I have just returned to discover that Channel 11 Sky Arts is now there! Very strange. Thanks anyway to alanofcleeves and prpr for your responses.

Was it missing from the on screen UI or the web if?
I first noticed it was missing from the TV on screen EPG. Then I checked the web if where it was also absent. Rebooted via web if several times, with no apparent change, although I didn't check the TV again as it is in a different room.
Some time later I checked the TV to discover that channel 11 Sky Arts was there, and when I went back to the computer it was now in the web if also.

tunefix doesn't seem to have done what I expected it to do. I was using it to move Classic FM to 700 so that - hopefully - the TV/Radio button then lands on it by default. That bit worked, but it threw up some side issues which I do not understand - is there a log somewhere?

What side issues? The log (such as it is) is in /tmp/xinit.log along with other startup stuff, and is obviously volatile across reboots.

The log (such as it is) is in /tmp/xinit.log along with other startup stuff, and is obviously volatile across reboots.

OK got it...

Code:
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/ahw]
AHW: Already done.
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/bootset]
Setting MENUCONFIG:AUTOMATIC_POWER_DOWN = (Value)0
Setting MENUCONFIG:DISPLAY_CRID = (Value)1
Setting MENUCONFIG:DISPLAY_FORMAT = (Value)1
Setting MENUCONFIG:PWR_SAVING_ON_STANDBY = (Value)0
Setting MENUCONFIG:RESOLUTION = (Value)15
Setting MENUCONFIG:SCREEN_RATIO = (Value)2
Setting MENUCONFIG:SOUND_DIGITALOUTPUT = (Value)3
Setting MENUCONFIG:TER_SRCH_POWER = (Value)0
Setting MENUCONFIG:TSR_ENABLE = (Value)0
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/dbupdate]
SQLite3: 3.7.5
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/install_ir3]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/install_nugget]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/iplfix]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/multimode]
Opening /var/lib/humaxtv/rsv.db
Attaching /var/lib/humaxtv/mm.db
Attaching /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
Retrieving padding settings.
   PRE: 120   POST 300
Scanning schedule for ar conversion.
Scanning schedule for pad conversion.
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/new-portal]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/opkg-beta]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/rsvsync]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/tunefix]
Tunefix V2.2.1 (c) 2015-2023 prpr
update TBL_SVC set szSvcName = '#GREAT! christmas' where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'GREAT! romance' collate nocase
1 row
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 99999 where usLcn = 68 and (select count(*) from TBL_SVC where usSvcId = 14456 and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 68) > 0
1 row
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 68 where usSvcId = 14456 and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 68
1 row
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 69 where usSvcId = 34112 and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 69
1 row
update TBL_SVC set szSvcName = '#HorrorXtra' where usSvcId = 34112 and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and szSvcName != '#HorrorXtra'
1 row
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 99999 where usLcn = 801 and (select count(*) from TBL_SVC where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'BBC ONE Wales' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 801) = 1
1 row
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 99999 where usLcn = 802 and (select count(*) from TBL_SVC where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'BBC TWO Wales' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 802) = 1
1 row
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 99999 where usLcn = 700 and (select count(*) from TBL_SVC where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'Classic FM' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 700) = 1
1 row
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 700 where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'Classic FM' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 700 and (select count(*) from TBL_SVC where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'Classic FM' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 700) = 1
1 row
delete from TBL_SVC where usLcn = 99999
3 rows
Total rows: 12
insert or replace into old.TBL_FREQ (ulFrequency, ucLevel, ucQuality) select s.ulFrequency, s.ucLevel, s.ucQuality from TBL_TS as s left join old.TBL_FREQ as d using (ulFrequency) where (d.ulFrequency is null or d.ucLevel != s.ucLevel or d.ucQuality != s.ucQuality) and s.ucLevel != 0 and s.ucQuality != 0
9 rows
delete from old.TBL_FREQ where ulFrequency not in (select ulFrequency from TBL_TS)
5 rows
Total rows: 14
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/webshell]
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/xdso]
XDSO: Removed DSO scheduled events.
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/xota]
SQLite3: 3.7.5
XOTA: Removing any auto-update scheduled events.
XOTA: Removed 0
Found 0 existing OTA reminders.
Reminder already set.

What side issues?
Well, the settings look like this (not sure what MUX|29 is doing there, I must have had it set up before):
Code:
FORCE|801|BBC ONE Wales
FORCE|802|BBC TWO Wales
FORCE|803|ITV Wales
FORCE|700|Classic FM
MUX|29
...but BBC ONE Wales (etc) remain resolutely where they were:
1EDE886C-3B7D-4435-9B8C-BD5768D51702.jpeg7CBFC148-C6E1-47AA-A8C3-97695A7BB5D9.jpeg

There are missing commands to update the LCNs to 801,802 - the 700 one works.
Can you PM me your tuning database - /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db ?

With your database and config. files, it all works for me, both on the development PC and for real on the Humax.
You can try running this to see what would happen: /mod/boot/xinit.d/tunefix check
This is what I get:
Code:
humax# /mod/boot/xinit.d/tunefix check
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 801 where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'BBC ONE Wales' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 801 and (select count(*) from TBL_SVC where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'BBC ONE Wales' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 801) = 1
1 row
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 802 where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'BBC TWO Wales' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 802 and (select count(*) from TBL_SVC where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'BBC TWO Wales' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 802) = 1
1 row
Total rows: 2
Reboot
and then reboot and see what actually happens.
The problem with the "FORCE|803|ITV Wales" line is that it should actually say "ITV1" not "ITV".

I've started looking at this again this morning, and find Welsh Beeb 1 & 2 on 801 and 802.

1695795134015.png

Mystified, I looked in the boot.log and found this:

Code:
Starting ahw
Sat Jan  1 00:00:04 UTC 2000
Micom Timestamp: 1695697370 - Tue Sep 26 03:02:50 2023
TZ: BST
Boot: 4
Tue Sep 26 03:02:50 UTC 2023
Starting bootstrapd noexthd.html
Starting webshell server...
Starting humaxtv...
Waiting for humaxtv to start...

Seeking further explanation I tried the activity.log:

Code:
26/09/2023 03:00:40 - System booted (Power cycle)

No, I was not awake at three in the morning, or if I was I wasn't fiddling with the HD-FOX!!

xinit.log is unilluminating:

Code:
2023-09-26 03:00:36: (server.c.1464) server started (lighttpd/1.4.53)

I don't think there was an actual power interruption, I find no correlation with my other machines. I presume it crashed and rebooted of its own accord. The crash.log shows other events I wasn't aware of (not a matching one), so I guess tunefix kicked in and completed the job when retried on one of those prior events.

:dunno:

xinit.log is unilluminating:
Turns out I mis-clicked and that was webif.log! :oops: The correct xinit.log is now lost, because I corrected ITV1 and rebooted:

Code:
[/var/lib/humaxtv/mod/xinit.d/tunefix]
update TBL_SVC set usLcn = 803 where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'ITV1 Wales' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 803 and (select count(*) from TBL_SVC where substr(trim(szSvcName),2) = 'ITV1 Wales' collate nocase and usLcn not between 751 and 799 and usLcn != 803) = 1
1 row
Total rows: 1

This is all a bit weird, we know why the ITV1 move didn't take, but why the BBC1&2 move didn't take (when ClassicFM did) and then did later remains unexplained... but I put it down to me. I did (at some point in the investigation) delete those entries via the tunefix GUI, but didn't think anything changed. Perhaps it did!

For reference, this (activity.log):
Code:
27/09/2023 07:40:05 - System booted (Power cycle).
...was actually a WebIF Diagnostics reboot.

Last edited:
No, I was not awake at three in the morning
Tunefix will reboot at 3am if there are changes to be applied (and the box isn't busy).
I did (at some point in the investigation) delete those entries via the tunefix GUI, but didn't think anything changed. Perhaps it did!
Yes. You omitted this crucial snippet originally. There is no other credible explanation.

Back