[tunefix] Automatic channel organisation and maintenance

I guess I can make a flag file that will stop it. But unless your box is on at 3am then it won't have any effect anyway.
tunefix 2.0.0 released.
This auto-reboots overnight (between 03:00 and 04:10 if on and not recording) if there has been a user induced config. change, or an update via the tunefix-update package if installed.
Just to be clear, is this function just to cater for 'always-on' boxes?

Both my boxes wake at 04:00 for 60 minutes so that they can process the auto-decryption of the previous days recordings. I purposely assigned this time so the box wouldn't be busy.

Last thing I want is for the box/es to reboot while decryption is taking place. If, indeed, that is a possibility.

Last thing I want is for the box/es to reboot while decryption is taking place. If, indeed, that is a possibility.
I believe decryption will stop it rebooting. But as your box appears not to be on at 3am then it's moot.

Just a quick thank you note to prpr (and anyone else) for Tunefix and sorting it and Tunefix update to get out of the complications causes by the renaming of the Mux. As soon as I've found time to look into why I have an issue with missing channels (on COM7) I find the fix is known.

Yet another need for a retune in the North West area

Area: Liverpool, Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire and north Staffordshire Transmitter Group: Winter Hill Date: August 12, 2020
Area: The Saddleworth area Transmitter Group: Saddleworth Date: August 12, 2020
Area: parts of The Wirral and Liverpool Transmitter Group: Storeton Date: August 12, 2020
Area: parts of the Lancaster area Transmitter Group: Lancaster (some relays only) Date: August 12, 2020
Area: parts of Trawden Transmitter Group: Pendle Forest (Trawden relay only) Date: August 12, 2020
Area: Gosforth and St Bees Transmitter Group: Caldbeck (some relays only) Date: August 12, 2020
Area: Kendal and parts of the Lake District Transmitter Group: Kendal Date: August 19, 2020

Will the Tunefix suite of plug-ins take care of this retune, or will there be a need for a manual retune

Will the Tunefix suite of plug-ins take care of this retune, or will there be a need for a manual retune
Seeing as you always seem to retune regardless, what difference will it make to you?
And this is the wrong thread, as BH said.
For the record, there will be updates to handle Winter Hill and Moel Y Parc.

My local paper has published the following (supposedly happening today):
The following channels are moving or closing:
  • Pick will move from channel 11 to 34
  • BBC Four Scotland will move from channel 68 to 55
  • Together TV will move from channel 88 to 87
  • Together+1 will move from channel 89 to 88
  • Smithsonian will move channel from 57 to 56
  • Merit will cease broadcasting on Freeview
  • Pick+1 will cease broadcasting on Freeview
If this is correct will there be an update ?

The following channels are moving or closing
At 17:40 I can confirm that at least some of the changes have happened - at least here on Rowridge,
I can add to your list: Sky Arts has replaced Pick on channel 11. At least that will be an improvement (other opinions are available).

...there might be a way to override the HTML in your browser).
If the browser has some sort of user styling function (userCSS, Stylus FF add-on, etc)
Code:
.message-signature {
	/* make FG colour have more green, eg */
	color: #8cff8c !important;
}

But actually I think @Andrea's problem might be solved by tweaking display settings, or just not reading the screen in bright sunshine.

I guess you are fed from Winter Hill, same transmitter as me. I have Sky Arts on channel 11. Thanks to tunefix, all was done automagically.

Back