LCN change from 76 to 71 for That's 70s​
LCN change from 77 to 76 for That's 60s MCR​
LCN change from 80 to 77 for That's 70s MCR​
LCN change from 86 to 80 for That's 80s MCR​
LCN change from 90 to 285 for Together TV+1​
Add GREAT! tv +1 on LCN 62 (COM6)​
Add GREAT! romance +1 on LCN 63 (COM6)​

1.0.133:
Rename GREAT! romance to GREAT! christmas (sic)
Rename GREAT! romance +1 to GREAT! christmas +1 (sic)​
Mux. move for RealityXtra on LCN 68 from Local to COM4​
Mux. move for HorrorXtra on LCN 69 from COM4 to Local​

1.0.134:
Rename GREAT! movies +1 to GREAT! movies extra​
Rename GREAT! christmas +1 to GREAT! christmas mix (sic)​
Rename Pick to Sky Mix​
Rename That's 60s MCR to That's Christmas MCR​
Rename That's 70s MCR to That's 60s MCR​
Rename That's 90s to That's 90s MCR​
Rename That's 60s to That's Christmas​
Rename That's 70s to That's 60s​
Rename That's 80s to That's 90s​
LCN change from 11 to 36 for Sky Arts​
LCN change from 36 to 11 for Sky Mix​

Another reorganisation of the supermarket shelves so that you can't find what you are looking for :(

(does anyone look for those christmas channels) - I do occasionally watch That's 60s when the is B* all on elsewhere

Those "GREAT!" channels have been renamed twice since being added, and there's still no content on them. The "That's" ones are mostly just stupid 1 or 2 hours in the middle of the night junk and are otherwise data delivered. They should just abandon it and go data only and shove them up in the 200s with all the other dross. Changes should be limited to once a year, per service, at most. The regulation is just pathetic. It would be different if I were in charge.

I'd certainly vote for anyone who'd rid us of the 2 hour channels, and the "adult" channels. Channels that are a mixture of transmitted and internet without the EPG making it obvious also annoy me.

No vote from me. I do not want to be controlled by a deranged dictator when I can be self governed. I only view from my favourite list and its EPG which includes all channels apart from the adult, shopping, sky wizard, Pay to View, 2 hour channels, all but 2 of the news channels and a few other zero interest TV and radio channels. The only time I am aware of all the dross in the TV list is when I open it to add a new worthwhile channel to my favourite list which is very rarely.

Those "GREAT!" channels have been renamed twice since being added, and there's still no content on them. The "That's" ones are mostly just stupid 1 or 2 hours in the middle of the night junk and are otherwise data delivered. They should just abandon it and go data only and shove them up in the 200s with all the other dross. Changes should be limited to once a year, per service, at most. The regulation is just pathetic. It would be different if I were in charge.
DigitalUK published a consultation on 18 November 2020. It was open for comments for 8 weeks. The consultation included requesting comments on removing the restrictions on how often channel providers may reorder LCNs within their portfolio and change channels’ names. It also included requesting comments concerning increase the minimum broadcast hours requirement for any new channel launching on the platform to six hours per day.
https://www.everyonetv.co.uk/news/consultation/lcn-policy-consultation-change-march-2021

Approximately half of respondents for consultations that I've looked at, opt to keep their comments confidential. DigitalUK used to publish the non-confidential comments. Since rebranding to "Everyone TV" only the more recent consultations and a result report appear to be available for viewing . The non-confidential comments are now not to be found at all, (at least by me).

1.0.135:
Remove CITV​
Rename Legend to LEGEND​
Rename HorrorXtra to LEGEND XTRA​
Rename CBS Reality to TRUE CRIME​
Rename RealityXtra to TRUE CRIME XTRA​
Rename That's 80s MCR to Best Xmas Music​

1.0.136:
Mux. move for Together TV on LCN 83 from COM6 to COM4​

(Undoing what they did in June.)

As I understand, there's some small excuse. Together on Freeview is like a charity shop on the high street: it picks up channel slots that paying channels aren't using.

The June setup packed more paying channels in, leaving a smidgeonette of after hours Freeview time for Together on another mux.

This month someone at ITV realised that they were paying for +1 channels when anyone could pull their content through ITVX at +x for any x >= 0. So, heedless of the ITV3+1 viewer demographic, they dumped the +1 channels, down to the 2-hr slot that is the minimum to maintain possession of the LCN.

That meant that Together could have a much longer slot, but only by moving back to the original mux.

So far just ITV3+1 and ITVBe+1. ITV2+1 hours were reduced. ITV4+1 was already vestigial. See https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/itv-makes-surprise-freeview-change/.

The financial imperative here is that ITV's Freeview slots come from a mux owned by an ITV company. The limited ad revenue available from gambling, chugging and funeral insurance is probably even less on a +1 channel, so maybe renting out the capacity to another provider will be more profitable.

Last edited:
Back