[tunefix-update] Automated Freeview channel updates

After reading Owen's post I rescanned my TV and saw no difference. Later I got a message on the TV (from the TV and not from the Humax) to the effect "The broadcaster has changed [something] you need to rescan". I now have BBC ONE EMidHD (or similar). So to answer the question: looks like a retune is required. :(

What sort of changes are being made for regionalised BBC One HD?
Service ID changes in all regions, and transport stream ID changes in some regions.
Will a retune be required to continue watching BBC One HD?
Yes (and where there's a TS ID change the whole PSB3 mux. will be affected). There may be a period of parallel running, but I'm not currently in one of the affected areas, and my box is stuck in off mode until the next scheduled on time (I wish I'd disabled that the other day, but this has all come in somewhat of a rush). I hope it works as I've not been able to test it, obviously.

The only thing amiss on the Humax is that the WebIF icon is blank for BBC ONE Yks HD. I presume this is because the channel name has changed and no longer points to an existing icon image file.
Yes. The person who used to maintain all that no longer does.

My T2 seems to have lost all its channels overnight, which I presume was caused by tune-fix - did anyone else experience this?
A retune seems to have restored them, but I have never had this before with a tunefix update.

My T2 seems to have lost all its channels overnight, which I presume was caused by tune-fix - did anyone else experience this?
You presume wrongly then. It wasn't, because the update wasn't available before 2pm today.
A retune seems to have restored them, but I have never had this before with a tunefix update.
Not guilty. It's broadcaster changes as detailed in post #459. I presume you didn't read it.
Has anyone had success with the tunefix-update package this afternoon?

You presume wrongly then. It wasn't, because the update wasn't available before 2pm today.
I didn't boot up the T2 until 4ish, to pick up some remote scheduling and got the message that there were no channels. I then happened to look in Web-if and saw the tune-fix notification; hence my assumption that the two might be related.
I'm still slightly curious at to why the T2 lost all its channels without any user interaction, but hopefully it was just a one off.

Not guilty. It's broadcaster changes as detailed in post #459.
Has anyone had success with the tunefix-update package this afternoon?
Well, partially guilty. Because this was all done in rather a rush, and because stupid Humax don't structure their stupid databases properly, I missed updating a column in the new code in tunefix. This meant you needed a retune on PSB3, but you'd have had to do that anyway to restore BBC ONE HD.
Anyway, hopefully all fixed now for phase 2 next month.

1.0.127:
Rename GREAT! movies action to GREAT! action​
Rename That's 90s to That's 70s MCR​
LCN change from 75 to 71 for That's 60s​
LCN change from 77 to 76 for That's 80s​
LCN change from 87 to 77 for That's 60s MCR​
LCN change from 88 to 86 for That's 80s MCR​
LCN change from 90 to 87 for TV Warehouse​
LCN change from 91 to 88 for TV Warehouse+1​
Add That's 70s on LCN 75 (COM5)​

Last edited:
1.0.128:
Rename RealityXtra 2 to HorrorXtra​
Changes to PSB3 to support regionalised BBC ONE HD in the following transmitter regions:​
East Anglia​
Cambs & Beds​
South East​
South​
Berks & North Hant​
Oxon & Bucks​
South West​
West​
Gloucestershire​
North West​
North East​

Thanks for the feedback. A considerable amount of thought/time/effort/testing has gone in to making this work properly, with no data to test with and just the results from phase 1 to base it all on (plus a bit of inside info!). It all worked OK here too.
I'll have to do a proper re-tune on one box in a bit to compare (and bl**dy QVC/Freeview have done an unannounced mux. change, but that's fairly low down my list of priorities!).

All okay here (Rowridge transmitter, South). Worked like a dream - thank you. Just wish the TV was as straightforward...

That's expected. I guess it will. You could try running the rs/chanpush and rs/epgpush diagnostics.

Nothing doing with either - I thought rs/sync did everything (rs/sync = clear the local state cache and synchronise everything).

Capture 26-04-2023 16_26_02.jpg
Capture 26-04-2023 16_28_15.jpg

I did set a recording on 101 and it has appeared in the schedule okay and is recording now

Capture 26-04-2023 16_29_15.jpg

Will see what happens overnight.

Had all sorts of issues after the update for BBC SE region. No channel sort, no favourites, Renamed channels not auto re-allocated.

I had to do the following:
Full retune.
Manual restore.
Manual re-allocate renamed channels (in tunefix)
Restore only restored 1 favourite group so had to manually reset others.

This all involved multiple reboots.

tunefix V 2.1.8

Back