[tunefix-update] Automated Freeview channel updates

1.0.65:
LCN change from 9 to 82 in Scotland for BBC FOUR​
Remove BBC TWO Scot​
Add BBC TWO in Scotland on LCN 2​
Add BBC Scotland on LCN 9​
Add BBC Scotland HD on LCN 115​

Thanks to @tonybonner for providing the original tuning data.

Last edited:
@prprI have, however, just spotted something that may be of interest. When I connected to webif earlier I got the message about tunefix-update being upgraded and when I look in package management it is indeed at Vers 1.0.64. However, the epg on the box shows none of the changes to have been applied - there's no Smithsonian, Pick+1 is still 97, PBS is still 94 etc.

Oh yeah. My tunefix is showing the latest version 1.0.65 but the 1.0.64 changes haven't happened?

Not sure what's happening there.
I have 1.0.65 applied and it has not undone the 1.0.64 changes - which I got via a manual retune from the Blackhill transmitter.
One for prpr, I think. Are you also on Blackhill?

My tunefix is showing the latest version 1.0.65 but the 1.0.64 changes haven't happened?
Is there a question there?
Did 1.0.64 actually get installed? Check the activity.log file. Have you rebooted? Does /mod/boot/tunefix-update.conf exist and if so, what is in it?

It didn't quite make it into ascii, but it is in unicode,
BTW
I couldn't bring myself to use it's name as I'm not keen on Americanisms

Last edited:
1.0.66:
Mux. moves for 700 MHz clearance at:​
Moel y Parc (COM5, COM7 and Local)​
Add NOW 90s on LCN 84 (COM8)​

1.0.67:
Beacon Hill (PSB1, PSB2, PSB3, COM6, COM7 and COM8)​

Oh! Is it?

Sorry prpr. I actually just re-scanned the box to just make sure it was up-to-date and no other changes had been missed.

If weird things happen again can you just clarify what files I should look at i.e. what logs tunefix has been updated and what logs the output from the tunefix update when it is run?

LOL! You've quoted the wrong post - had me confused for a while! :confused_:

Did 1.0.64 actually get installed? Check the activity.log file. Have you rebooted? Does /mod/boot/tunefix-update.conf exist and if so, what is in it?
If weird things happen again can you just clarify what files I should look at i.e. what logs tunefix has been updated and what logs the output from the tunefix update when it is run?
The installed state is available via WebIF >> Package Management >> Installed. Otherwise, see previous advice!

1.0.70:
Rename Sony Crime Channel +1 to movies4men+1​
LCN change from 60 to 48 for movies4men+1​
LCN change from 40 to 60 for Sony Crime Channel​
LCN change from 48 to 40 for movies4men​
LCN change from 29 to 28 for E4+1​
LCN change from 18 to 29 for 4Music​
LCN change from 14 to 18 for More 4​
LCN change from 15 to 14 for Film4​
LCN change from 13 to 15 for Channel 4+1​
LCN change from 28 to 13 for E4​
Add Al Jazeera Eng on LCN 235 (COM6)​
Kilvey Hill (Local)​
Wenvoe (COM8 and Local)​

With 1.0.70, repeatably (3 machines, HD, HDR) after autoupdate and reboot I'm losing the Smithsonian Channel (LCN 99, COM7, Ch55 Crystal Palace).

How will I get by without Nesbit's NI whinge, the nice blonde girl who can only afford to buy her summer things from Littlewoods, not to mention the strict home gym cycling girl? Apparently there are programmes as well.

In the package's postinst, tunefix-update.conf is being set with these lines:
Code:
RENAME|Sony Crime Channel +1|movies4men+1
MOVE|29|99|E4+1
MOVE|99|28|E4+1
MOVE|60|99|movies4men+1
MOVE|99|48|movies4men+1
The fact that SC is LCN 99 appears to be related: is 99 being used as a scratch LCN in the above? Would 999 work instead?

Moving another service to LCN 99 effectively deletes whatever was on 99 before. If you will use any particular LCN as a temporary store, it needs to be chosen as a number that will never have something you want on it (or that "something" needs moving somewhere else first).

QVC would make an effective scratchpad (unless, of course, you actually want QVC).

I'm sure those floosies of yours appear on other channels too...

PS: this is the wrong thread. You should have posted this on the tunefix thread (which is not the same as tunefix-update).

Moving another service to LCN 99 effectively deletes whatever was on 99 before.
PS: this is the wrong thread. You should have posted this on the tunefix thread (which is not the same as tunefix-update).
You're confirming my hypothesis about the use of a scratch LCN 99, but, no, it is a tunefix-update issue. The tunefix commands that I quoted come directly from the tunefix-update-1.0.70 package. I think @prpr may be in an area where LCN 99 isn't in the broadcast roster. SC moved to LCN 99 a month or two ago.

Back