Rename True Entertainment to Sony Channel​
Rename True Movies to Sony Movies Christmas​
Rename Sony Movie Channel+1 to Sony Movies +1​
Rename True Movies +1 to Sony Movies Christmas +1​
Rename Sony Crime Channel to Sony Channel +1​
LCN change from 61 to 60 for Sony Movies +1​
LCN change from 60 to 61 for Sony Channel +1​

Last edited:
Saw something in Radio Times about Sony rehashing their channel names the other day and it also mentioned new channel numbers. Not noticed anything in this thread though.
Was that duff info or perhaps only non-freeview channels?

True Entertainment (the M*A*S*H channel*) is being rebranded Sony Channel. No doubt True Movies is also being rebranded.

* I spent 6 months in Canada in 1987, where I was amazed (not in a good way) by cable TV and that there was a PBS service with M*A*S*H on its schedule, a couple of episodes every night. I asked the locals what will happen when the come to the end of the series, and they said it just starts all over again. 30 years later...

Last edited:
Saw something in Radio Times about Sony rehashing their channel names the other day and it also mentioned new channel numbers. Not noticed anything in this thread though.
Was that duff info or perhaps only non-freeview channels?
No, it's true. I didn't check last night (because I'm not well) and just uploaded the thing I'd pre-prepared a few days ago.
Have just uploaded 1.0.83-1. Hopefully I haven't screwed it up, as the grey cells aren't coping very well.

* I spent 6 months in Canada in 1987, where I was amazed (not in a good way) by cable TV and that there was a PBS service with M*A*S*H on its schedule, a couple of episodes every night. I asked the locals what will happen when the come to the end of the series, and they said it just starts all over again. 30 years later...
Horror - Star Trek: The Original Series, 5USA and CBS Action/Justice: NCIS*, and almost everything on YourTV. :roflmao:

No, it's true. I didn't check last night (because I'm not well) and just uploaded the thing I'd pre-prepared a few days ago.
Have just uploaded 1.0.83-1. Hopefully I haven't screwed it up, as the grey cells aren't coping very well.
That's OK, you can have a day or two off now and then :)
Hope you feel better soon.

I rarely record minor channels but tonight I went to set a recording on Dave ... but it wasn't there. Got Dave ja vu elsewhere, but on ch19 which should be Dave I've got Yesterday, which should be on 25.
I guess I'd better do a proper retune as things have obviously got desynced somewhere along the line.
(I've set the recording on DJV for now - good enough.)

Is it on 12? 1.0.73 did these:
LCN change from 12 to 19 for Dave
LCN change from 19 to 25 for Yesterday
LCN change from 25 to 12 for Home

You can sort it out by putting this in /mod/boot/tunefix-update.conf :
MOVE|25|9999|Home
MOVE|19|25|Yesterday
MOVE|12|19|Dave
MOVE|9999|12|Home
CLONE1|19|Dave|22272|1|1|1|1|1|704|401|402|401|20544|0|1|bds.tv
and rebooting.

I'll have a look again tomorrow, and check versions too, but I couldn't see Dave anywhere today. I guess I may not even have 12 for some reason.
I'll also check the other box which should nominally be the same. But their Wi-Fi connections are flaky so something may have happened on one and not the other.

It'll probably be simpler (for me) to just retune. I've not done anything like those commands for years, so it would be a long process to relearn all that - and I might just make it worse in the process.

LCN change from 12 to 19 for Dave
LCN change from 19 to 25 for Yesterday
LCN change from 25 to 12 for Home
Both boxes are on 1.0.83-1.

The other box looks OK with these channels as you say they should be, e.g. Dave on 19.
The problem box had Yesterday on 19, Home on 25, and on 12 ... Quest. I'm guessing that's going back even further.

So I photo'd my schedule, did a full manual retune, and re-input my schedule and favourites manually as I wasn't sure what the backups might do with all the changes.
Looks OK now.

If you have done anything in TF by channel number (such as to delete all the kids stuff) are the deletions still valid?
Might be done automagically, but it didn't seem to for me after a large 'shake up' of channel changes.

So I photo'd my schedule, did a full manual retune, and re-input my schedule and favourites manually as I wasn't sure what the backups might do with all the changes.
Looks OK now.
Probably unnecessary, you should just have restored a backup, rebooted and then checked for discrepancies

If you have done anything in TF by channel number (such as to delete all the kids stuff) are the deletions still valid?
Might be done automagically, but it didn't seem to for me after a large 'shake up' of channel changes.
There are deletions - 211 I think and a then some 600 & 700 blocks. I haven't checked them, but they aren't critical to me, just housekeeping.

Probably unnecessary, you should just have restored a backup, rebooted and then checked for discrepancies
Only took me about 5 minutes - maybe 8 things to go in the schedule and I know which favourites I want (or more accurately, I know which rubbish I don't want) so it doesn't take long to go down the channel list blipping the red button as needed.
The trouble with rebooting is that the box seldom returns with Wi-Fi working, so I have to go into the menus and give it a poke, which adds to the time. Sometimes it's just better to park the clever stuff and walk :)

Back