TV Diary - add-on web interface

That would explain it. 2.15 and above should be fine.

Slightly OT, but is there somewhere that explains/lists the features and changes with each version of the CFW? I can't find it if there is.
I'm on 2.17 but keep wondering if it would be worth upgrading it (for my needs).

I think it also might be useful to distinguish watching recorded programs and watching live TV. I think this would help with what @cloud9 was alluding to in #24,
Correct, I would prefer it if it was to ignore all "Watching" statuses and only track "Playing". As far as I can see whenever the box is on it is going to fill the "Watched" list with large sequences of live TV that nobody has actually watched. i.e. it is normal for us to leave the box on when turning the TV off, or changing to watch DVD or whatever. From my perspective I see no point in even storing the live TV information, but at least a way to not have it fill the display up.

Hi... I'll try again. I didn't expect hitting space to submit a post!
it doesn't usually, but if you are using a tablet anything might happen if a web resource doesn't download properly. So why start a new post, what's wrong with the edit button?

it doesn't usually, but if you are using a tablet anything might happen if a web resource doesn't download properly. So why start a new post, what's wrong with the edit button?

I couldn't find a delete post button, and I didn't want someone replying to what I'd already typed as I knew I wasn't going to be quick to finish it, so did a quick edit! I think it may have been ctrl+space or space typed repeatedly - I was trying to do non-breaking spaces.

Like Cloud9, I was already thinking that I only wanted to see the Played amongst all the programmes listed under Watching.

However, I do like the tool... great to have people who will spend the time developing them so Thanks martxw.

For me, it's useful to see what has been watched. I can understand that some people would prefer not to see that but please retain the option.

I couldn't find a delete post button, and I didn't want someone replying to what I'd already typed as I knew I wasn't going to be quick to finish it, so did a quick edit! I think it may have been ctrl+space or space typed repeatedly - I was trying to do non-breaking spaces.
You could (for example) have quickly edited the post to say "under construction", and then carried on at leisure. Only mods have delete privileges on this forum, but you can always click your own "report" button and ask them to delete.

Great package! Excellent work! :)

I notice you have uploaded your recent viewing habits onto your website. Is there anyway this could be feed into a blog, such as Wordpress or Blogger? I would find it useful to display on my blog.

One thing I have noticed though. It is showing today's scheduled (series) recording as 'Recorded' although the scheduled time is later in the day. Skipping forward to Monday shows that day's recording as 'To be recorded' as it should be.

4291, it does show future (on the day) ones to be dotted though doesn't it.
And anyway, the title is for the whole day so what would you expect it to use part way through the days recordings?

I have noticed a little glitch in the recording display yesterday with a single program split into 2 parts. I haven't checked the recording yet, but presume it was just tvdiary didn;t see the recording at 14:54 for some reason (nothin in log file) and so treated the next appearance as a new recording.

[sorry about the formatting below]

14:15 (38 mins)
14:53 BBC ONE
Thu 28 Nov 2013 14:15, 55 mins)
14:55 (15 mins)
15:10 BBC ONE
(Thu 28 Nov 2013 14:15, 55 mins)

4291, it does show future (on the day) ones to be dotted though doesn't it.
And anyway, the title is for the whole day so what would you expect it to use part way through the days recordings?
Not sure what you mean by dotted through.
I had expected to see the programmes that had been recorded that day. But as the program has only been running properly (on my box) since the recent update I should, perhaps, wait to see what is reported later in the day.

I see the 'dotted through' now in the recording time at the left hand side.
I had only one programme set to record so I had nothing to compare it with. I have scheduled another for this morning which will complete before the series recording starts. I will check again then.

tvdiary.log currently shows (0.00 bytes)

Trial programme now recording. 'dotted line' changed to solid line after 1 minute. :)

The programme I chose as a trial was from 10:11 to 11:10 (60mins), but it is reported in two sections. 10:11 to 11:58, and 11:00 to 11:10. Not a problem, just an observation!

Sounds similar to my #55 comment. I presume it didn't spot it for one minute (10:59 in your case) and therefore thinks it is a new program.

Back