TV loses channel signals....baffled or what

Have you got another telly to try it with ? Is your telly set to power a masthead amp ( voltage on the aerial socket} because that would cause all sorts of problems in the humax. I think your TV has an option for powering a masthead amp look in the menus and make sure it is set to off

so sat here watching the 1pm news, my box has just decided to do an automatic update !!!!!!!!!! Ah well there goes my afternoon:)

no idea why, no new channels and why 1 pm ?

This appeared on my humax at exactly 1PM Today, so I guess it also appeared on your box and you didn't say Later within 3 Mins. so the Humax did an auto re-tune
Click for bigger picture
retune.jpg

It was on talking to itself as normal just seen the retune half way through. Bit of a pain these re-tunes , buggers up the favourites and in this case for channels I delete

Well, that's over for the time being. You are aware, of course, of all the strategies for avoidance.

Yeah , this is my second machine and I've not put any custom firmware on it yet, but when they move channels it buggers the favourite list anyway. Hope that's the end of it for now

Hope this IS the end of it? Retune happened even though Hummy was recording at the time. Ended up with 'No Channels Available', so retune failed anyway. Recording was obviously lost. Thankfully Backup/Restore is installed so schedule was easily restored. I thought all these 'attacks' were scheduled overnight?

The Humax Firmware upgrades happen over night (4:30am) but retune demands usually start mid-day the message in #28 appeared at 1pm Today

I've got disable-ota and disable-dso installed, but there is an update scheduled for 4.30am tomorrow. Is this the expected behaviour?

4:30am is the wake-up time for the Humax to look for new OTA Firmware, so this should be inhibited by disable-OTA. If you has disable-OTA installed you should not see this in the schedule, however there are now OTAs being transmitted for the Humax at the moment, the last OTA was 1.02.28 and 1.02.29 has not been OTA'ed yet. An OTA will nor overwite unless it is a higher version than you have installed so if you have any combination of standard or CF firmware at 1.02.28 or 1.02.29 your Humax will can't be OTAed anyway

Yeah , this is my second machine and I've not put any custom firmware on it yet, but when they move channels it buggers the favourite list anyway. Hope that's the end of it for now
Just to let everyone know, the CF schedule and favourite channel back up on WebIf saves the favourite channels as well as the recording schedule, and even re-numbered my favourites as well as my recording schedule for the HD channels from the 50's range to the new 101, 102, etc without any intervention, so all I had to do was make sure that I had backed up any changes I made earlier today, and then re-tune, and re-instate the back-up and all sorted in around 10 mins including the re-tune!

So if they are going to do anymore, I strongly recommend you install CF and use it so no more messing around!

You still have to delete the extra unwanted channels though!

OTA and DSO events get inserted into the reservations schedule at the Humax's whim; the custom software disable-ota and disable-dso packages can only remove those reservations at boot time, so unless the Humax is rebooted some time between the event being added and the event occurring, it will still occur. This is of particular relevance to people who leave the Humax running for long periods (eg overnight, ie me), and is why I take a belt-and-braces approach of 1.02.20 and the 0420-0440 reminder, in addition to disable-ota and disable-dso.

Back