TV portal can't connect!

Thanks Luke. I thought all questions on this thread are related to the HD-FOX. My bad. Sorry BH. New to asking for help and thought that all questions on thread would self evidently be about HD-FOX, though my question here was USB related it was to get the work around referred to in BH's post number 30 in order to get the TV portal working again. I'll refer to HD-FOX on each question I ask on thread in future. Thanks again for any advice.

What are you talking about? I'm sorry, I seem to have confused you.

You asked:
has anyone got an idea if or when Humax plan to get the TV portal back up and running for those with the HD-Fox T2?

I replied:
There has been absolutely no mention of HD-FOX as far as I am aware.
...by which I meant Humax have not released any indication of updates for the HD-FOX whatsoever.

Every indication is that they have dropped support. We know that BBC iPlayer will not support the version of the browser incorporated in 1.02.xx firmware very soon, and the last version of firmware anybody has seen for the HD-FOX is 1.02.31. Even if Humax fixed the TV Portal server for 1.02.xx firmware, the iPlayer app will still not work and that is not under Humax's control - except to release a 1.03.xx update for the HD-FOX.

Yes, it is sufficient that this topic is posted in the HD-FOX section. I just didn't express myself very clearly.

Sorry BH. Apologies. I misunderstood your earlier post. Thanks for all your help on here. It's much appreciated.
Looks like I'll have to repair my USB port to get the TV portal to work via the work around method. Or buy a new box.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but have you tried a different USB stick/drive before blaming the USB port?
Sounds so me like its just corrupted so the Humax has trouble reading from it.

I agree - but he says he has, so...

I suggested trying a few more fresh USB devices before really giving up on it, a few posts up.

Ok I'm a little dumb! I also can't get the tv portal to work anymore on my fox hdT2. I'm running it on web interface version 1.0.9-6. Custom firmware is 2.13 and humax version 1.02.29. My question is am I able to get the tv portal working again and if so is there a dummies guide? Once again sorry for being thick but I'm sure I'm not the only one to be confused!

Ok I'm a little dumb! I also can't get the tv portal to work anymore on my fox hdT2.
For anybody (ie both FOX-HD T2 and FOX-HDR T2)running version 1.02.xx it appears the portal is not working and there is nothing you can do (other than use the custom firmware package to boot the HD in HDR mode). It will need Humax to either make a change on the Portal or produce a version of 1.03.xx for the HD. Nobody knows whether they will do either of these things.

The message leet1970 has posted is showing its trying to load the localhost site - ie. the custom portal.

leet1970, try reinstalling the custom portal package.

Ok I'm a little dumb! I also can't get the tv portal to work anymore on my fox hdT2. I'm running it on web interface version 1.0.9-6. Custom firmware is 2.13 and humax version 1.02.29. My question is am I able to get the tv portal working again and if so is there a dummies guide? Once again sorry for being thick but I'm sure I'm not the only one to be confused!
I'll say it all over again (can't be bothered to track down the relevant posts):

The Humax TV Portal server has malfunctioned for HD-FOX and HDR-FOX running standard firmware 1.02.xx (whether you also have custom firmware or not). This can be side-stepped by using the portal-xtra1 custom firmware package, which provides direct access to the portal apps without going through the Humax server (portal-xtra1 will not work with firmware 1.03.xx, users using 1.03.xx have to use new-portal).

The BBC are dropping iPlayer support for firmware 1.02.xx (specifically the web browser service contained within it) imminently. HDR-FOX users wishing to access iPlayer once support ends will have no choice but to update to 1.03.xx firmware (with slow EPG). There is no 1.03.xx firmware for HD-FOX, so the only work-around will be to use custom firmware facilities to boot the HD-FOX into "HDR Mode" running HDR-FOX 1.03.xx firmware, for iPlayer and decryption purposes only.

The guide to HDR Mode is HERE (click), item 7.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have been informed by Humax Customer Support that a software update for the HD-FOX will be released later this month.
I was informed by a call to Humax Customer Support almost 2 months ago that a new 2000T software would NOT be released for at least almost 2 months. I'm sort of hoping that if a new software for the HD-FOX gets let loose then so will a new software for the 2000T.
If there is an update to resolve the portal issue for the HD-FOX I question whether that will be much use use to anyone unless it is also upgraded to use at least the most recent old version of iPlayer (i.e. the old iPlayer version that the HDR-FOX 1.03.xx uses).

I originally contacted Humax about the iPlayer issue and was told they were planning to release an update for the HD-FOX to fix it. At the time they thought that it might just need an app update rather than a software update: I believe that iPlayer was updated by this method on the HDR-2000T. A week or so later the portal stopped working on 1.02.xx software and now there is a full software update in the pipeline. I wonder if rather than a random fault, the portal problem was caused by changes made as a result of their investigations?

That's breaking news - first mention I have heard of it.
Humax support have been reported by various people to have made similar claims regarding the HDR-2000T with a suggested release date of last April or May and nothing has materialised yet. An awful lot of things that Humax support have been reported to say in recent months sound to me like trying to get rid of the customer by telling them what they want to here. Time will tell.

Because they have just found a topic that relates to their problem and posted in it. Same as everyone else. You act like you're new to this Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they have just found a topic that relates to their problem and posted in it. Same as everyone else. You act like you're new to this Martin.
I have been moderating technical forums for a pretty long time. If people post in the wrong section then they get inappropriate answers so they would do better to take care and post in the correct section.

Back