TV Portal Won't Run

One question - what on Earth are Humax doing to fix this? Any suggestions from them yet? I bought an HD-FOX-T2 purely to play back recordings from the HDR and access iPlayer, but thanks to this I can't get the system time, or use the TV Portal. So, to confirm, as a consumer, I must install ntpclient in order to use the TV Portal?
As a consumer, you should connect an aerial to your HD-FOX T2 running the latest software, and also connect to your network, this will allow you to use the TV Portal. There is no need to install ntpclient in order to use the TV Portal.

As you will have read, I am using an HD-FOX in exactly that manner, and the investigation documented in this topic concluded that a source of system time is required for the iPlayer interface to negotiate its connection. The solution, as detailed in the other topic (click), is to install the custom software and run the ntpclient package to update the system time from the internet. It works very well for me.

To do this you will require permanently-connected external storage to hold the custom software, I use a 2GB USB stick but that has to be formatted Ext2. All this is documented in the forum.

I have a HDR-Fox T2 which would not run the TV Portal, connected to wifi with a Humax usb stick.
The same error comes up:
'an error occurred whilst launching the application ............'

I configured router to allow the Mac address of the humax and rebooted both devices, still no luck.
The OS on the humax is FHTCP 1.02.28
A7.33

so after looking at humax website downloaded the last update which as of 11 feb 2016 is:
Application version: FHTCP1.03.12
Loader version: a7.3x
Micom version: 9.3
System id: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 07 FEB 2014 (as will appear in the System Information menu)

had to remove www and com from around the front word on this forum
humaxdigital /uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=476&pid=6

downloaded the hdr_fox_tx_upgrade.hdf
and put onto FAT format usb stick
put into the humax and rebooted the device, it loaded the update and then i removed the usb stick and rebooted and
connected to my wifi and the TV Portal then worked well.

a bit of a pain, but at least Humax did do an update in 2014

humaxdigital /uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=476&pid=6

Last edited:
I think you are confusing the issues here. Have you read the whole 6 pages of this topic (and the referenced side topics), or just dived in from the first page without noticing the rest?

This is a new issue. I had not noticed that pre-1.03 firmware no longer runs the Humax portal at all, because (frankly) the portal on pre-1.03 is pretty useless anyway - BBC iPlayer is no longer compatible with it. So if you wanted iPlayer you would have to have updated to 1.03.xx, regardless of the "an error occurred..." message.

I just tested with 1.02.20 and 1.02.32 (both HDR-FOX) and get the same as you. I have not tested (but have little doubt that the same will be true) of HD-FOX on pre-1.03 firmware.

Thanks for the info.

Things Every... (click) section 1.

Back