TV signal issue with Freeview PVR

I'm with BH on this one. Washing powder, fairies and fonts don't pick up TV signals. Dammit! There have to be some standards. :D (Bah! Humbug!)
Have you ever, knowingly, met a fairy that can't pick up a TV signal?

Not when it makes absolutely no diffrence to understanding. It's just being unecessarily pedantic (bloody minded is an alternative fraze).
With the exepshun, of coarse, of posts in the threads that were started just for that porpoise.

Have you ever, knowingly, met a fairy that can't pick up a TV signal?
Strange that. In the RAF, those people involved with electronics were colloquially known as fairies. Probably due to the magic that we used to do with radio/radar stuff.

Not when it makes absolutely no diffrence to understanding. It's just being unecessarily pedantic (bloody minded is an alternative fraze).
With the exepshun, of coarse, of posts in the threads that were started just for that porpoise.
Pointing out someone's spelling mistakes in open forum, even if it is this one, is just plain rude (Unless it actually detracts from the meaning, and even then it can be done rather more politely.

All sorted now. Ariel rigger looked at the whole installation, removed the amplifier in loft, which he reckoned wasn't helping the problem,fitted a new wide band aerial in the loft, ran new coax from splitter in loft to downstairs TV, didn't advise using the TV ariel lead which was installed when the house was built 28 years back. Re connected the aerial lead to the splitter for kitchen TV, that cable was fine. Made up new leads downstairs to Humax and from Humax to TV. Since then its been far better, no issues up to now.. £230 well spent i hope. The Humax has a short reprieve for now, i still fancy the all in one pvr /dvd from Panasonic, at least Sky idea from her and the children is well and truly sunk . Thanks for the help and advice from everyone
Nice.
A story told, and it has a happy ending.

It shows lack of care and attention by the poster, when they expect care and attention in the nature of the reply. If it's not simple ignorance (which, having had it explained, it can't be), it's just plain disrespectful.

If it's not simple ignorance (which, having had it explained, it can't be), it's just plain disrespectful.
I think it is more likely just autocorrect. Even though I'm pretty careful I find posts I've made have 'changed' from wot I rote, but I didn't notice.

Regardless, your persistent attacks on newcomers to the forum who don't meet your standards of literacy or care in proof-reading is just going to reduce the numbers who remain and so keep the forum alive.

I left school 56 years ago, don't really need some smart arse correcting my spelling mistakes, i thought it was a Humax Forum. Anyway I won't need any help on Humax again,it's going this weekend.

Yes, please lay off the pedantry a bit. It does nothing but put concern in people's minds that they are going to get 'hauled up' in a schoolmaster type way for any minor mistakes (for whatever reason) that in no way alter the meaning or intent of the message. Not only that, they are being 'shamed' publicly as well rather than a quick private 'word in the ear'.

Last edited:
As a moderator I have to say that I do not think that perfect English grammar and spelling is essential when posting to this Forum. Providing the question is reasonably clear then that is fine by me. I appreciate that some members wish to present their own posts in the best possible way and again I have no problem with that approach. I just wish they would refrain from upsetting new users by quibbling about minor spelling or grammatical errors. I would like this Forum to be viewed as a friendly, helpful place.

If a post is otherwise of long-term value to the Forum, there's always the option to PM a suggested correction. This reduces the noise in the forum and may be more productive if appropriately phrased. Though actually I found post #38 quite amusing ...

Back