Unable to copy mpg file to PC

makem

After having decrypted a file and converted a copy to mpg I get the below error when I try to copy it to my PC.

EDIT: Using wireless connection.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 24
After having decrypted a file and converted a copy to mpg I get the below error when I try to copy it to my PC.

EDIT: Using wireless connection.

Using ftp I can get a copy on my PC but then VLC, WMP or IrfanView cannot play it. VirtualdubMod crashes when I try to load the mpg.

It could be that the the file is still encrypted. How did you decrypt the file?

Thus:

Web-If MAIN >> BROWSE MEDIA FILES >> (Select Single File) >> OPT+ >> Decrypt

Followed by:

Web-If MAIN >> BROWSE MEDIA FILES >> (Select Single File) >> OPT+ >> Extract To MPG

If these are HD recordings then you will also need to have Auto-unprotect installed.

I don't think the Decrypt option would be available unless all the ducks were in the row, so that's not it. I presume the file appeared to process with the usual delay. Presumably also the file size is the same after it has been FTPed across.

The network problem is just a network problem, but why the files won't play in VLC escapes me.

You are correct, you cannot extract until the preceding operations have been completed. After each operation I waited for confirmation of completion.

I thought maybe somehow with distractions I had extracted mpgs from the original files, but that cannot be done. When I select the download option, even on the mpg which is currently downloading, it opens in a web page with the VLC traffic cone icon showing only. VLC is not associated with .ts files and it should play mpg. Previously I did not compare file sizes.

I have deleted all files I prepared and started again from scratch. Currently a 2.46gb is downloading without a problem and I am extracting another mpg at the same time.

The downloaded file is MPEG (MPG/MPEG/VOD) according to GSpot which cannot say which codec should be used.

It does not play in the players mentioned previously.

I am stumped :(

I wanted to take a sample of UK dancing to a Chinese dancing teacher.

When I double click on the file name in My Video via web-IF I get the attached message which says the header is missing and could not find codec parameters.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 10
I wanted to take a sample of UK dancing to a Chinese dancing teacher.

I would not say what you see on Strictly is typical of European ballroom dancing, not even top flight competitive ballroom. It is professional show dancing using the ballroom and latin styles as the theme, with the "amateur" element adding a bit of uncertainty into the mix along with jeopardy and personality. As an entertainment it's great, but don't take it as a blueprint. If anything the early series of Strictly (before the celebrities knew what it was all about) were a better encouragement for the public to learn.

There used to be Strictly clips on YouTube (they might have been removed), and there are certainly videos of competitions and other people who think they can dance.

I would not say what you see on Strictly is typical of European ballroom dancing, not even top flight competitive ballroom. It is professional show dancing using the ballroom and latin styles as the theme, with the "amateur" element adding a bit of uncertainty into the mix along with jeopardy and personality. As an entertainment it's great, but don't take it as a blueprint. If anything the early series of Strictly (before the celebrities knew what it was all about) were a better encouragement for the public to learn.

There used to be Strictly clips on YouTube (they might have been removed), and there are certainly videos of competitions and other people who think they can dance.

Yes young man, I appreciate it is show dancing but my Chinese friend has taken part in Chinese show dancing of English ballroom dancing and will appreciate seeing how 'we' do it and how the show is presented to the public. It is not totally staged with perfect looking people as is their custom. Nothing in China is true, it is all a question of 'face' so you will never see old people, fat people etc taking part.

I appreciate you comment but do you have any further advice on my problem? ;)

EDIT: the downloaded .ts file plays in VLC and I have some 41 codecs according to GSpot.

Reactions: LDW
Fair enough, I still think YouTube might be your answer - or an iPlayer rip of last night's Strictly.

Regimented oriental dancing it ain't.

Ah, save from web-IF. I have never tried that but will give it a go. It's a shame I seem to have to do it that way. I really need to find what is going wrong.

Back