Undelete / dustbin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@brian - I've found the bug in the code so will push up a fixed version tonight, thanks for the report!
It only affects things deleted from the top level as I thought.

@brian - I've found the bug in the code so will push up a fixed version tonight, thanks for the report!
It only affects things deleted from the top level as I thought.
That sounds good Thanks.:) Will I have to upgrade using Telnet? I am working late, so I won't be able to do this until after midnight.
In the meantime I have emptied the dustbin folder and started again to see what happens.

That sounds good Thanks.:) Will I have to upgrade using Telnet? I am working late, so I won't be able to do this until after midnight.
In the meantime I have emptied the dustbin folder and started again to see what happens.

Telnet or via a diagnostic if that's easier.

I've set up the undelete. Seems to be working well so far. Two items moved ok. I like the way it keeps the directory structure even if you haven't deleted the folder, will make it easier to find stuff.

One problem I found was the resume play function is broken on the moved files, selecting it just shows a blank screen and then returns to the media browser. On trying again the resume option is gone. Maybe if the resume position cannot be maintained then the resume can instead be cleared so the option is greyed out?

Another nice bit of functionality for the enhanced Humax experience!

Edit -
The following in the log file might be useful, only bit I could see that looked possibly relevant

Code:
Error>> Cannot support video format
[DI_MEDIA_Probe] Error - Fail in P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen

Further Edit -

I can't actually play the files at all, is this the designed behavior? I just presumed the files were moved to another folder and hence would be playable but I can see them but not play them. I'm guessing this is not right because if "undeleted" they still won't work presumably.

If I look via FTP the file sizes are both 83.9mb, I guess something has failed in the copy process? Odd they are exactly the same size, one is a half hour ITV program and the other an hour long BBC program.

I can't actually play the files at all, is this the designed behavior?

No, they should just have been moved across.. more work to do obviously! Actually using my box to watch something from iPlayer at the moment so can't test myself.

Is the file path within the hmt file changed when a file is moved to the dustbin?
Not currently, but I've never found that necessary (unlike the Foxsat), for example the Flatten script doesn't do that and seems to work ok. I've tested here and the files I delete resume fine and are playable with no problems, but I'm using undelete version 0.2 which may be the difference.

Run the upgrade_dustbin diagnostic and reboot to get the new version (I've updated the original post too so that it points to the latest version).

This new version works properly when deleting things from the top level + some other small fixes and a couple of optimisations.

Updated but still being funny, post-delete the files are always 84mb. This recording I was able to play ok but only the first 2 mins/84mb worth. Playback stops before the end of the time bar, it's expecting more but just bombs out to the media browser.

Run the upgrade_dustbin diagnostic and reboot to get the new version (I've updated the original post too so that it points to the latest version).

This new version works properly when deleting things from the top level + some other small fixes and a couple of optimisations.
I tried this earlier, and don't think that anything has changed. What should I see in the dustbin? I would have expected to just see the normal single line program entry.
Should the "nts, thm, & hmt" files be visible, and should they all be joined together on one line?

I emptied the dustbin after upgrading, then deleted my first recording and checked the dustbin contents which contained

Video_TS.png
Hollyoaks_20120111_1831.ts (80.00 MiB)
172_1_26_SD.png
Decrypted.png

Video_Failed.png
Hollyoaks_20120111_1831.ntsHollyoaks_20120111_1831.thmHollyoaks_20120111_1831.hmt (12.88 KiB)

Something is still not right, the unencrypted HD recording is now flagged as SD and Dec, and is only showing as 80.00 MiB.
Should the second line be visible at all? and the 12.88 KiB size is much less than the three files should be.

After deleting a second recording, the dustbin contents are now

Video_TS.png
Hollyoaks_20120111_1831.ts (80.00 MiB)
172_1_26_SD.png
Decrypted.png

Video_Other_New.png
Hollyoaks_20120111_1831.tsEmmerdale_20120111_1900.ts (80.00 MiB)
Video_Failed.png
Emmerdale_20120111_1900.ntsEmmerdale_20120111_1900.thmEmmerdale_20120111_1900.hmt (13.56 KiB)
Video_Failed.png
Hollyoaks_20120111_1831.ntsHollyoaks_20120111_1831.thmHollyoaks_20120111_1831.hmt (12.88 KiB)

The second line can't be right, showing both recordings joined together on one line, and still only 80.00 MiB.

Does the above reflect what you are seeing in your dustbin?

No it doesn't - does the first line in your humaxtv.log show Dustbin version 0.2 ?

I would try the upgrade again from the command line if possible (diag upgrade_dustbin)

I would try the upgrade again from the command line if possible (diag upgrade_dustbin)
I have just upgraded via Telnet, and my humaxtv.log now shows Dustbin version 0.2, and my webif package management is now showing "undelete 0.2".
I will empty my dustbin and try again.:)

Updated but still being funny, post-delete the files are always 84mb. This recording I was able to play ok but only the first 2 mins/84mb worth. Playback stops before the end of the time bar, it's expecting more but just bombs out to the media browser.
I am now seeing this behaviour since upgrading to 0.2.

The good news is that now the contents of my dustbin look as I would expect them to, and I can "undelete" them and move them out of the dustbin, but there is still the issue of the file sizes being cut on delete.

I have just tried an experiment with a test recording of around 14 mins, I used the Move/Copy option to move the file into the dustbin, where it played OK to the end, and had the correct file size. Then I moved it back to the original location, where it still played OK and file size remained unchanged.

I then deleted it, and the file size has reduced to 80.00 MiB (webif) or 83,886,080 bytes (FileZilla), and it now plays for only 2 mins. I undeleted it, and the file size remained the same, but would still only play for 2 mins.

So I seem to be getting the same results as "neilleeds" has described previously. If this can be fixed, this will be a very useful add on package, but in it's present state does not work.:)

Edit: I should have added that all of the files in my dustbin have the same indicated size of 80.00 MiB (webif) or 83,886,080 bytes (FileZilla).

I then deleted it, and the file size has reduced to 80.00 MiB (webif) or 83,886,080 bytes (FileZilla), and it now plays for only 2 mins.

I'm seeing the same thing - exact same file size. That will teach me to do most of my testing with small recordings!

It looks like the Humax software is using ftruncate64() to truncate the file down to 80MB in steps prior to deleting it.. presumably to make the deletion process quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back