[undelete] package released!

If it just an extra day it's no big deal your default keep7 = 8 Days and setting up 2 to 8 days (minus 1) would equate to keep1 to keep7 (setting 1 day not allowed). I'll do some more testing to prove it works

find -mtime +0 should work for one day.. so it's probably just a matter of tweaking the script to subtract one.

Undelete seems to have stopped working on one of my boxes, my [Recycle Bin] folder is currently empty and showing in webif as (12.0KiB). I have just deleted two programmes, and they seem to have disappeared without trace, and have not gone into my [Recycle Bin]. My other box seems to be still working OK at the moment though.

Have you upgraded/Auto-upgraded to the new 1.2 version on the Humax where the file have disapperaed? Are there any other directories e.g. the default [Deleted Items] present on this Humax that the files could have gone to instead. If you delete any more files make a note of the HDD available value, If the files are going somewhere else the GB number won't go down, If it does go down the file do look like they ARE disappering.

I have just deleted another programme via webif, and this has gone into my [Recycle Bin] so I moved it back to root, and deleted it again using the remote control. This time it was deleted without going into my bin. I am running undelete 1.2 on both boxes.

Have you upgraded/Auto-upgraded to the new 1.2 version on the Humax where the file have disapperaed? Are there any other directories e.g. the default [Deleted Items] present on this Humax that the files could have gone to instead. If you delete any more files make a note of the HDD available value, If the files are going somewhere else the GB number won't go down, If it does go down the file do look like they ARE disappering.
I have no other directories where the files could have gone to, and yes the HDD used value is going down. See my previous post.

There is still a safety net in undelete that may have triggered. If the Humax software crashes within 60 seconds of boot then undelete will disable itself. I suspect that may have happened to you.. Now that the undelete code seems stable, I could remove that.

Uninstalling and re-installing undelete followed by a reboot should restore it (the upgrade wouldn't have necessarily because it didn't modify the relevant file).

Can you try that? If you still have the humaxtv log being generated, can you check to see if the dustbin announces itself at the top?

I was playing with USB keyboards earlier today and found that pressing F12 caused the box to crash and reboot, could this be connected?

I will do as you suggest, and then check the humaxtv log.

I have uninstalled and re-installed undelete 1.2 followed by a reboot, and the start of my humaxtv log is

Code:
>>> Contents of /var/log/humaxtv.log 524.00 bytes
-------------------------------------
Initialising Dustbin v1.0
Dustbin debug: 1
Dustbin media root: /mnt/hd2/My Video/
Dustbin path: /mnt/hd2/My Video/[Recycle Bin]

hopefully this will mean that it is working again.

I was playing with USB keyboards earlier today and found that pressing F12 caused the box to crash and reboot, could this be connected?
Yes, if the box uptime was < 60 seconds on one of the crashes.
I think I'll remove the safety net in the next version.

Right, I have just tried deleting another programme, and can confirm that undelete is working once again.:)

I have just had an instance where a ts file has been left behind after the empty_dustbin process has run (without its associated sidecar files). The file is now timestamped at 04:36 and it has been reduced in size from 2G to 597M. I am guessing that during a software update event the box automatically went into standby before the file could be fully deleted.

RFC: does undelete still work if the delete operation is being performed from a mount on the HD-FOX (presumably not), or could it work if undelete was installed on the HD-FOX?

I guess the option for remote deletion with undelete functionality is to use the WebIF?

RFC: does undelete still work if the delete operation is being performed from a mount on the HD-FOX (presumably not), or could it work if undelete was installed on the HD-FOX?

I guess the option for remote deletion with undelete functionality is to use the WebIF?
You'd have to install it on the HD and it would up in the HD's dustbin.

Back