[undelete] package released!

Does running the general diagnostic give pass on all results?
Let's see the output of "ls -lR /mod/boot/" at the command line.

Got it! Here's the output:

Code:
humax# ls -lR /mod/boot/                                                                                                                               

/mod/boot/:                                                                                                                                             

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            27 Nov 16 17:54 2 -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         12288 Nov 17 08:43 bootset.db                                                                                     

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Nov 16 18:13 bootstrap.d

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Jan 19  2015 dbupdate

-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root            15 Nov 16 18:21 dustbin.name                                                                                   

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Nov 16 18:21 env.d

-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root             6 Nov 16 17:54 hostname                                                                                       

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          1755 Mar 24  2014 posttvcrash

-rwx------    1 root     root         28872 Jun 29  2017 rsvsync

-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root         11628 Nov 17 08:48 schedule.ab                                                                                   

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           135 Mar  1  2012 settop.env                                                                                     

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         10776 Sep  6  2016 tweak

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Nov 17 08:47 xinit.d

/mod/boot/bootstrap.d:                                                                                                                                 

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           786 Apr 30  2018 xrts

/mod/boot/dbupdate:                                                                                                                                     

/mod/boot/env.d:                                                                                                                                       

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           505 Jan 12  2015 dustbin                                                                                       

-rw-------    1 root     root           222 Aug 14  2016 nugget                                                                                         

/mod/boot/xinit.d:                                                                                                                                     

-rwx------    1 root     root          9652 Feb 19  2016 ahw

-rwx------    1 root     root          7096 Feb 21  2017 bootset

-rwx------    1 root     root          9340 Jan 19  2015 dbupdate

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           146 Jan 10  2012 install_dustbin

-rwx------    1 root     root           150 May 26  2016 install_nugget

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            78 Jan 12  2015 rsvsync

-rwx------    1 root     root          5768 Apr 28  2012 xdso

-rwx------    1 root     root          9636 Feb  9  2015 xota

Last edited:
So, amazingly, undelete suddenly started working again last night. I have made no further changes, it just worked after I deleted a watched programme, and then it worked again two times. Thanks everyone for your input.

Had you tried deleting something before, or did you just assume that because there was no "[Deleted Items]" folder it wasn't working?

Oh yes, I had tried deleting things before, I even created my own [Deleted Items] folder from the unit, but it remained empty until last night. Perhaps it needed time and more reboots.

I like this package but have one issue with it, if you have a usb/networked drive connected and delete from it, that takes some time as with this it copies the file back to your deleted folder.

I've not looked at the code yet but if someone could give some pointers where to look and maybe even best way to add a setting for a condition, I'll write a mod.

if you have a usb/networked drive connected and delete from it, that takes some time as with this it copies the file back to your deleted folder.
Really? I've not noticed that. Are you sure it's not just slow because the delete operation is being performed over a network link, and it is a proper delete rather than a move (ie update file pointers to recycle bin)? That's what I have put it down to in the past.

It has always been that way, but does only apply to deletions made via webif.

I also find it a pain sometimes, especially if deleting from external HDD to free up space mid-copy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Really? I've not noticed that. Are you sure it's not just slow because the delete operation is being performed over a network link, and it is a proper delete rather than a move (ie update file pointers to recycle bin)? That's what I have put it down to in the past.

Its definitely that way, after deletion I find the recording in the bin, so have to delete again!

Deleting film as above 5 mins ish
Deleting via samba few secs.

Last edited:
... if you have a usb/networked drive connected and delete from it, that takes some time as with this it copies the file back to your deleted folder.

I've not looked at the code yet but if someone could give some pointers where to look and maybe even best way to add a setting for a condition ...
It seems to be coded in the shared library libdustbin.so which gets installed into /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod == /mod/boot/2 to hook the delete (ie, unlink()) call in the Humax blob. Presumably @af123 has the source of this?

In various OS and Desktop Environment implementations, there is a per-user, per-device trash folder. This case only needs a per-device folder.

Does the behaviour depend on where the device is mounted ("My Video" or /media)?

Last edited:
I like this package but have one issue with it, if you have a usb/networked drive connected and delete from it, that takes some time as with this it copies the file back to your deleted folder.
Its definitely that way, after deletion I find the recording in the bin, so have to delete again!
OK, so I've finally got around to testing. My experience, as they say, varies:

I accumulated some recordings I wanted to delete on one HDR, and deleted them via the SUI of another (as a SMB share). Both have undelete installed. Neither ended up with the recordings in their recycle bins, and the delete process didn't take a noticeably long time. I have a low-bandwidth link between the HDRs (HomePlug), and I was playing a recording via SMB share at the time. The playback was not interrupted by network bandwidth restrictions.

I have "shareFolder = off" in [Modsettings]. This means the share is accessed as a virtual USB drive via Media >> Storage (blue) >> USB. If you have "shareFolder = on", the network share appears in My Video as a virtual folder. That could well affect the behavior of an SUI delete operation - there would be no clue that the recording being deleted was off-box, and undelete would kick in when normally it doesn't for USB-mounted drives.

Regardless of how convenient it may seem to have shared recordings accessible from the My Video folders, there are many disadvantages and pitfalls. This is another.

... If you have "shareFolder = on", the network share appears in My Video as a virtual folder. That could well affect the behavior of an SUI delete operation - there would be no clue that the recording being deleted was off-box, and undelete would kick in when normally it doesn't for USB-mounted drives.
But all the various code paths seem to use (eventually) Linux's rename(from, to) which fails if the from file/directory is not on exactly the same mounted filesystem as to, so the above case should just give a delete error. Enlightenment welcome.

Hi All,

Forgive me but couldn't find the answer searching... is there a way to exclude usb hdd's plugged into the humax front panel from copy / moving the recordings to the [Deleted Items] folder when you delete the items through the webif environment?

Thanks

Rodp

Hi All,

Forgive me but couldn't find the answer searching... is there a way to exclude usb hdd's plugged into the humax front panel from copy / moving the recordings to the [Deleted Items] folder when you delete the items through the webif environment?

Thanks

Rodp
I thought I had fixed that some time ago but maybe it is still only in the Beta version of webif

Back