[unencrypt] Decrypt-in-place

Anybody got anything to say about my main point in post #217?
Assuming that you are using the unencrypt package. It is supposed to be atomic but I think it may be flawed.
Also there doesn't seem to be any special handling of directories starting with "[". It probably predates the convention not to perform additional processing on these directories.
This package was written by Sam so it may be a while before any fixes surface.

Anybody got anything to say about my main point in post #217?
Can you telnet in and have a look at the create file times, that may tell you if you are looking at original files or processed ones and gain you more insight into what happened.

I have started to move files that I want decrypted into a Decrypt folder and then tell webif to only decrypt the contents of the new folder. I've turned off the cron setting for unencrypt.

I've tidied up since, I will be on the look out for trouble in future. There's no doubt it needs to ignore folders starting "[" though (in keeping with the convention).

I habitually view from a remote share, and want a decrypted version available ASAP after recording, so unencrypt on a frequent cron suits me - it could be this is the first example of being bitten back.

I've installed the unencrpt package, but it isn't working. Here is the log file from last night :

The DLNA server seems to have crashed
Please restart the box

What's the problem here - and what sort of restart is needed? The DNLA server seems fine as I can access it from an HD...

You need to go to the Web-IF diagnostics screen and selectDNLA server, See LINK HERE, from there you can see the status of the DNLA server and use 'Reset DNLA Database' to restart it

You need to go to the Web-IF diagnostics screen and selectDNLA server, See LINK HERE
Thanks - it shows...

Server Status Enabled -
745_1_10_Video_2Live.png
Running.
Folders Indexed 57
Movies Indexed 33
Photos Indexed 0
Music Tracks Indexed 0

I rebooted my HDR from the wbif, and last night got the same error :

Please restart the box

Apologies if its been suggested but turn the dlna off in the menus, then reboot and turn it back on, I had to do that when dlna database got corrupted and wouldn't update / play anything.

Once back on leave your humax on a tv channel for some time, it can take a while for it to re-index them, best way to checl progress is browsing media through webif, if its been indexed it has a green disc type symbol next to it.

Obvious note too but humax has to be on a channel to be able to then play anything via dlna from it, please don't flame me on that last note just I thought the box was left on last night and powered it off then had a very unhappy daughter who was watching a movie on the ipad (until I put system into standby!)

Regards

Damian

Ok, turned off DNLA (well I assume I did - turned off content share on the internet menu) , did a power off with the back button. Turned content sharing back on and did another power off.

Result from last night was the same :

humaxhdr# more /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log
Please restart the box

That did not reset the database. You need to turn off content sharing, go to "DLNA Server" on the WebIF diagnostics page and click "Reset DLNA Database", then turn content sharing on again and give it time to rebuild.

Gary : Ok, turned off DNLA ...
I think it's worth reading through the Unencrypt notes HERE, Unencrypt only runs if the Humax is turned on between 1 and 6 am unless you have changed the default Cron job. If the notes don't throw up any answers, I would force a re-install of the unencrypt utility by going to the Web-If >> Diagnostics >> Force Reinstall >> Unencrypt

I've reset the DNLA database and re-enabled content sharing. Will see what happens tonight.

I think I've got an auto wake up in the night. What would the log show if this isn't the case?

The timestamp one the log file was 05: 31 this morning

That didn't work. I've just done a force re-install and will see if that works tonight. One thing though, does this crontab entry look right :

1,31 1-6 * * * /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2/My Video" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log
surely it should be "/media/My Video" ?

Yes this cron will work on all files under 'My Video' but only at 1 min and 31 mins past the hour during the hours 1 to 6 AM every day so the Humax must be out of stand-by at that time. If you replace first bit with 1,31 * * * * it will do 1 and 31 mins EVERY hour that the Humax is 'awake' and won't affect it's normal operation
BTW
the /mnt/hd2 is used in place of /media, info HERE

Why set a wake-up when you are trying to debug? Just leave the box on all night to give it a chance. The daft thing is I've just had a look and I can't find my crontab, but it should say 1,6,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * (in other words every 5 minutes 24/7). Apparently there is an abbreviated way of saying the same thing but I didn't know that at the time.

Aha! I think I might have spotted a problem. My cron job says (scroll the line to see it all):
Code:
1,6,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log 2>&1

Back