Volume punch-through

fishears

Hi Devs!
As you can make the list button behave like the info button (or vice-versa) can you make the volume buttons act as a punch-through for the device "AMP"?
This is the only feature missing from the standard remote IMHO. So what do you say?

The list button is intercepted at the Humax end and converted, not by modifying the code the remote sends out. It would be possible to disable the volume controls from acting on the Humax if you wanted, but not to cause them to control something else.

I use a Logitech Harmony 200 and 300, and these punch through the volume and mute.

Many people have requested this to work for the TV Volume, personally I prefer it as it is. I like to use my TV remote for my TV, and my AMP remote for my AMP.:)

Well, I'm not requesting a forced change, I'm requesting the possibility of an option - like the option to switch list and info (as I indicated ion my post)
And I don't know the extent of the control available to the devs. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

There have been discussions about possibly being able to reprogram the remote to change it's functionality.

Edit: See THIS POST by af123, perhaps he can provide an update as to whether anything has been achieved to date.

In the #6 link af123 is proposing a way of changing the Humax remote so that it can 'mix' infra-red codes. However it will not be possible for the Web-If ir package to control any other equipment apart from the Humax

Well, I'm not requesting a forced change, I'm requesting the possibility of an option - like the option to switch list and info (as I indicated ion my post)
And I don't know the extent of the control available to the devs. Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Buy a Logitech Harmony universal remote. It will do that and much more.

The Humax remote can of course control the TV volume by pressing the white TV button first (as long as you have set it up for your TV).

Don't forget to press the white PVR button to switch controller back afterwards.

As a result of forgetting to do so on many occasions I ended up having to buy a second remote for my wife, needless to say I never touch that remote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The list button is intercepted at the Humax end and converted, not by modifying the code the remote sends out. It would be possible to disable the volume controls from acting on the Humax if you wanted, but not to cause them to control something else.

I use a Logitech Harmony 200 and 300, and these punch through the volume and mute.

Hi all - out of interest, how would you go about disabling the volume controls from acting on the Humax? I'd like to do this on mine, as my Sonos Playbar will take care of the volume using the PVR's IR volume control, and I don't want both devices to react. Would save me having to select a different device, then switching back to PVR.

The audio optical SP-DIF output from the Humax is not affected by the volume or Mute buttons on the remote if the sound output is set to muli-channel, so there would be no need to disable the volume control.
Set with Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output = Multi-channel

The only input to my soundbar is one solitary optical. So I can't use that for the PVR, otherwise I wouldn't be able to hear my blurays or PS3 etc. Has to passed through from my TV. If I could disable the PVR's volume I could use the Humax remote to control volume for all devices without switching mode. Anyone know if it can be done?

Do you mean that your Sound Bar can respond to the volume buttons in PVR mode?
If that's the case, then it would be possible to update the ir custom firmware package to stop the PVR mode volume commands being passed through.

You could still use the Multi-Channel set-up detailed in #15, If you can connect your Humax to your TV via SP-DIF and then passed through to the Sonos Playbar, However af123's solution sounds better

Do you mean that your Sound Bar can respond to the volume buttons in PVR mode?
If that's the case, then it would be possible to update the ir custom firmware package to stop the PVR mode volume commands being passed through.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean, thanks af123.
Thanks Ezra too, but not sure if TV has optical input - will check first as might be a lot easier in the short term, but failing that I'll look into the ir package. I'll let you know how I get on!

In my set-up, setting audio to multi-channel also fixes the HDMI volume, so that might be sufficient (but only for HiDef channels). Some people have reported otherwise.

Back