Webif Access lost on HDR-FoxT2 Freeview

2 weeks behind

I am looking for help recovering webif access to my HDR-FoxT2. I have been running Custom Firmware on it for years. I am accessing it from a Win 10 machine over a wired ethernet connection (fixed IP).

Nearly everything seems normal: it records, watches, plays back from DNLA media server and I can access it via telnet. But it refuses to allow me access via webif. “Site can’t be reached | <ip addr> refused to connect”. Also the TV Portal launches but nothing happens (nothing after whirly clock icon).

I have a second HDR-FoxT2 running elsewhere and access has continued untroubled so I don’t think it is PC firewall-related.

I think one of two things has happened:
  • I changed the web server protocol to HTTPS and it is refusing access for some reason (I would have thought it would ask for a username/password at least). Perhaps I don’t have a user account set up (can’t remember). I’m pretty sure dropbear was not enabled.
  • Something has corrupted - it hung a few days ago and I had to switch off/on.
I’ve tried reinstalling the official firmware then reinstalling the latest non-beta cfw – 1.03.12 – mod 3.13 – same story – it works as above but no web access.

I’d be grateful for any ideas on how to re-establish control without drastic action.

I have little knowledge of the Humax cli command set, so a Telnet solution/diagnostic might be quite easy (here’s hoping).

(BTW, what is happening to the BBC iPlayer site? – have been getting “Service is Currently under Maintenance” messages for days now (using 2nd machine obvs)).
Is this the end?

(BTW, what is happening to the BBC iPlayer site? – have been getting “Service is Currently under Maintenance” messages for days now (using 2nd machine obvs)).
Is this the end?
There was a general iPlayer outage across all Humax models which started late September. iPlayer is now working again on the more modern models but not on the HDR-FOX T2 and the HDR-2000T; until Humax make a further announcement we simply don't know whether the service will be restored

Also the TV Portal launches but nothing happens (nothing after whirly clock icon).
How long did you wait?

BTW, what is happening to the BBC iPlayer site?
You really should skim the current active threads (as per Newbies' Guide to the Forum): https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/iplayer-stopped-working.9882/post-145933

Perhaps I don’t have a user account set up
Quite likely.

I’ve tried reinstalling the official firmware then reinstalling the latest non-beta cfw – 1.03.12 – mod 3.13 – same story – it works as above but no web access.
All you've done is erase and the restore the "hooks" added to the official firmware (in Flash) that allow the CF to work - you've done nothing to alter the configuration of custom software and data stored on HDD. You need to refresh that.

I don't know the minimum you need to do to restore things, but this certainly will: Reinstate Corrupt CF via RMA Mode (click)

Last edited:
Many thanks Black Hole - that worked nicely (CF reinstatement in RMA Mode). It seems to have sorted the TV Portal problem too.

You (et al) do an excellent job on this Forum!

Best wishes.

Back