webif auto-decrypt error

I've started from scratch...
before doing anything I ran fix-disk (no problems), ran the HUMAX disk utility and ran the hard disk diagnostic on "diagnostics", and all the other diagnostics - all fine with no errors reported.
I then:
  • re-installed the Official Firmware 1.03.12
  • re-installed CF 1.03.12 mod 3.00
  • "remove all custom firmware and settings" in diag panel
that took me back to the basic web-if
I then downloaded the full web-if and the packages online
On the packages screen I have added just the auto-unprotect package, so the only packages running are:
auto-unprotext
ffmpeg
webif
The HDR immediately started to attempt to decrypt two files which were recorded yesterday (on this machine), which resulted in the error message that these did not decrypt properly.

Here is the auto.log entry:
Code:
03/09/2014 08:20 - DECRYPT: /media/My Video/New Tricks/New Tricks_20140901_2100
03/09/2014 08:20 - DLNA: http://127.0.0.1:9000/web/media/114.TS
03/09/2014 08:24 - /media/My Video/New Tricks/New Tricks_20140901_2100.ts - File did not decrypt properly.
03/09/2014 08:24 - DECRYPT: /media/My Video/_original/A Night to Remember_20140901_2252
03/09/2014 08:24 - DLNA: http://127.0.0.1:9000/web/media/147.TS
03/09/2014 08:30 - /media/My Video/_original/A Night to Remember_20140901_2252.ts - File did not decrypt properly.

So, please can anyone give me some clues? This machine has previously worked fine, with CF and with this (fairly new) pipeline hard disk.

Last edited:
Can you decrypt those files manually by using the remote to copy to an external drive (or virtual disk)? Now you have done your reinstall, wait and see if new recordings made after this are still failing to decrypt.

OK, getting somewhere at last...
The box is now successfully auto decrypting new recordings, so I am left with two files it won't decrypt. They wont play on the machine either (any more, they did play before I did complete re-install). So I now think that this box had a corrupted encryption key for a while, and those two files must have been recorded whilst that corruption was present.
Having deleted those two files, error messages have disappeared and auto decryption is working normally! Result!
So I've now continued and got Foxlink working again - so all back in business again.

Last edited:
Those two files that don't decrypt, are they fully deleted or do you have the undelete package installed? If the latter, move them out of the [Deleted Items] folder (diagnostics won't run on folders with square bracketed names) and try the 'fixencflags' diagnostic again. If they play after this they might yet decrypt.

Many thanks for your suggestions...
I have deleted them, no I did not have the undelete package installed.
I did try to decode them manually, and it appeared to have done so, however there were not actually decoded and the system keep trying to decode them again and again.
I had already tried the "fixencflags" utility and although it did fix a couple of files, it didn't fix these.

the good news is that new recordings being made now are being decrypted as normal, and all those error messages have stopped.

Regards,
Mike

Back