[webif-channelicons]

By G-MAN mux do you mean 'local' as shown in the diagnostics/mux info page?
Not the 'Local' muxes that everywhere else gets, I mean the extra one you folk get - these services:
76That's Christmas MCREntertainmentG-MAN
77That's 60s MCREntertainmentG-MAN
80That's 80s MCREntertainmentG-MAN
86That's 90s MCREntertainmentG-MAN
87TV WarehouseEntertainmentG-MAN
88TV Warehouse+1EntertainmentG-MAN
which are on UHF channel 27 from Winter Hill according to my 700 MHz clearance PDFs.

Amazing job! You really have been busy.
Thanks. I've made over 500 icons manually. Now I've worked out how to automate it mostly satisfactorily, but it kind of needed to go through the process to learn enough to know what I was trying to achieve and why and how.
All mine appear to be populated; at first glance I thought they were not, but on closer inspection I see it is the "wavy line". It's too subtle – thicken the line a bit, and/or have different shades above and below the line?
It's the old icon but put in to the house style. Which LCNs give you this? Exclude any of the data ones between 209-212 and 251-299.
Why does a wavy line signify an Internet service anyway?
It doesn't. It's just the so-called 'glossy' style applied to all the icons (look carefully) applied to the background and then the edge coloured. The old links for the images are way back in this thread.
Perhaps we can think of a better icon. I'm also not overly keen on the 18+ icon – I mean, they're Internet services too, unobtainable so it's irrelevant that they're 18+.
That's how they've always been. They're not Internet services. They are part-time broadcast ones.
If you must, then superimpose the 18+ over the wavy line.
That's not how the style works.
I don't understand why you have a wavy line icon on Drama+1 (and several others) though.
Because the old images are annoyingly cached in the browser. As I and others keep saying.
It won't be, because this kind of thing is keyed on Service ID not LCN.
It's not. It's done on the name. That's why I said I needed the exact spelling.

Thanks again. It prompted me to undertake some housekeeping. Historically I have just let tunefix to do its thing. So, to satisfy my OCD, I have done a full tune and amended my tunefix configuration to perform a channel cull.

Now my EPG only populates with the channels I want, and all have the correct channel icons against them. OCD fully satisfied.

I shouldn't really joke about it really. SWMBO has been clinically diagnosed with OCD and have to say it is exceedingly difficult to live with. For the both of us.

Sometimes a little humour helps.

So close - all bar one of the icons were updated. This is the only empty icon (on Crystal Palace)
721BBC Radio London
This is very annoying. All local radio stations appear to be titled as BBC Radio XYZ (except for BBC Essex, and Three Counties Radio, and CWR, and H&W), yet what appears on Freeview is BBC XYZ, apart from London which is BBC Radio London. I ignored the stupidity of BBC Essex and modified the source image to say BBC Radio Essex for consistency. See what I mean about being able to get reliable information?
Anyway, thanks, I will fix in the next update.

Last edited:
It's the old icon but put in to the house style. Which LCNs give you this? Exclude any of the data ones between 209-212 and 251-299.
I take it the "wavy line" is a fall-back whenever no other icon has been allocated. I still say it's too subtle.

I'm still seeing it for the odd service, but I'm not yet definite about why that is. I've discovered the only way to force a reload on iPad Safari (without clearing the cache for every other website) is Settings >> Safari >> Advanced >> Website Data >> Edit >> <select required domain> >> Delete (hope this helps somebody).

It's done on the name. That's why I said I needed the exact spelling.
Where is the specific representation of the "name" you are keying on displayed?

The EPG page or the Mux Info page via the Diagnostics page, or the Remote page (although it's rather tricky to copy/paste from there). And probably others.

And probably others.
My question regards the actual source of information the various utilities are using to create the miscellaneous representations within the WebIF, which the channel icons package supplies icons for. /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db?

The issue is client side - the Humax (both) has the new icons confirmed working-
I did as instructed press ctrl-f5

but that might not be the correct combination for Edge on Windows 10 - I'm afk so it awaits my return to experiment further.
That was on my laptop; when I booted my tower PC the new icons are showing without intervention, likewise on Edge for Android (mobile phone). I'll investigate the laptop later today.
1700470908195.png

Some browsers time-out sooner than others. If the browser thinks it's been loading a page for long enough and gives up, you get missing page elements.

Added "BBC Cambridge" to the inconsistency/fix list too. The rest of the "shire"s I can either receive and confirm, or make no sense without the "shire".

Back