Webif - strange language format

MontysEvilTwin

A strange one this; a couple of times today when navigating to Webif>browse media files with Google Chrome for Android, a message pops up telling me that the page is in 'Hmong' and asking if I want it translating to English. Selecting yes makes some of the capital letters lower case, and deletes some dashes. Apparently Hmong is a language used in parts of China, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar.

I put Chrome in the frame for that one - surely its AI is picking up some of our text terms as being Hmong (not that I've ever heard of it), and offering the translation; I can't believe there are any HTML markers that declare it.

I put Chrome in the frame for that one - surely its AI is picking up some of our text terms as being Hmong (not that I've ever heard of it), and offering the translation; I can't believe there are any HTML markers that declare it.
I recall seeing "strange" characters in a program name a while back and occasionally there is oddness in the descriptions too. Maybe that is what triggers it

Possibly (untested) such a problem can be "fixed" by having the pages/frames always specify a language? Of course the browser may ignore such definitions...

HTML:
<html lang="en">

and so on; more details here: http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-html-language-declarations

Back