[webif] Version 0.10.0 Released

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the changes over 0.9.14 (some of these were released incrementally in - releases)

0.10.0 (5/11/2012)

• Fix problem with Auto-Decrypt which could result in .encrypted files being left behind;
  • Built-in mobile browser optimised version (http://<humax>/m/)*;
  • Hard disk diagnostics page (SMART information, will evolve);
  • Show status of stream file on browse page (indication of the file size and whether it is still growing)**;
  • Link to mobile interface from main screen;
  • Settings option to disable mobile interface link on main screen***;
  • RMA mode from Diagnostics page;
  • Log viewer includes fix-disk.log if present;
  • Improve EPG search performance;
  • Detect IP address or URL being used to access web interface and use the same base for DLNA downloads;
  • Quick edit links on file editor screen for commonly edited files;
  • Move front-page status panel up to avoid obscuring buttons so often;
  • Add status CLI command;
  • Fix erroneous iB suffix shown on small directory sizes;
  • Include raw EPG database export utility (/cgi-bin/epg/db.jim).
* - This will co-exist with the extant webif-iphone package by tawny for those who prefer that. However, webif-iphone was specifically written and tested for iphones and is no longer maintained. This new built-in version is written using the JQuery Mobile framework which supports a wide range of devices and even looks good in a desktop web browser. This is the first release so there will most likely be a few bugs lurking.
** - for Black Hole!
growing.png

*** - for Brian : )

Sounds good.
What problem does the "detect IP address" line fix?

Previously if the Humax was on 192.168.0.1 but you were accessing the web interface from the Internet as 256.1.2.3 then downloading an encrypted file told your browser to connect to http://192.168.0.1:9000/... which wasn't a lot of good. Now it will use the address on which you accessed the interface, be it a name or number. Of course you still have to pass through port 9000 on your router in addition to 80 unless you decrypt the file first.

Tried the 'Hard Disc' button in Diagnostics and got:
Runtime Error: disk.jim:34: couldn't exec "/mod/bin/smartctl" at file "disk.jim", line 34
Is there something I need to do to get this running? I don't seem to have a file 'smartctl' in the specified folder.

Found it. I needed to install the smartmontools option.

Note to af123 - maybe the Hard Disc check should detect the absence of smartmontools and give a more appropriate message?

Cheers fenlander, worked for me too after adding that package!

Now am wondering what it means, looks like I will have to do a bit of reading up on SMART!

I wonder if it would be possible to add some kind of 'next day' button to the EPG, or something similar so it's easier to skip to a desired day rather than clicking 'later'...

Here are the changes over 0.9.14 (some of these were released incrementally in - releases)

0.10.0 (5/11/2012)

• Link to mobile interface from main screen;
  • Settings option to disable mobile interface link on main screen***;
*** - for Brian : )
I didn't ask for this:), but as you have gone to the trouble of adding it for me, I shall disable the mobile version on my laptop, but will allow it on my ipad and mobile phone.:D

I have tried the mobile version, and found that when using the remote control feature, there does not seem to be a link to return to the main mobile index page, apart from multiple presses of the browser back button.

Also, in the Browse section, the files are displayed in A-Z alphabetical order. Would it be possible to have the option to display them in Date order, as is available in the main webif view?

Examples of the Mobile Web-If screenshots now in the WiKi HERE
BTW
I notice that the Mobile version of the Web-If schedule shows the last seen dates for items that are not currently in the EPG, would it be possible to add this feature to the regular Web-If schedule screen ?

Webif-Mobile4.png

I notice that the Mobile version of the Web-If schedule shows the last seen dates for items that are not currently in the EPG, would it be possible to add this feature to the regular Web-If schedule screen ?

Yes. The last time is currently shown if you hover over the dashes but I'll add it in red to match RS and the mobile version.
Thanks for updating the Wiki.

I have tried the mobile version, and found that when using the remote control feature, there does not seem to be a link to return to the main mobile index page, apart from multiple presses of the browser back button.

Now that the main web interface has a mobile version I'll fix that in the next update of the ir package.

Also, in the Browse section, the files are displayed in A-Z alphabetical order. Would it be possible to have the option to display them in Date order, as is available in the main webif view?

Yes, I can add that. How about it just uses the sort order that the main web interface is currently set to?

I wonder if it would be possible to add some kind of 'next day' button to the EPG, or something similar so it's easier to skip to a desired day rather than clicking 'later'...
Yes, it's high time I ported some of the RS EPG features back to the webif version!

Now that the main web interface has a mobile version I'll fix that in the next update of the ir package.
Thanks for that.
Yes, I can add that. How about it just uses the sort order that the main web interface is currently set to?
That sounds like the best option to go for.

Yes, it's high time I ported some of the RS EPG features back to the webif version!
Yes, I would also like that.:)
Also, whilst on the subject of the webif EPG, would it be possible to adjust the amount of space allocated to the channel name on the grid-style EPG, as I am missing the end off some of my channel names.
My longest name is "Channel 4 HD", and this is shown as "Channel" so I am missing 5 characters off the end. The whole name is shown correctly in the standard Now/Next display.

Try version 0.10.0-1:

• Adds the missing dependency for smartmontools;
  • Better navigation in grid EPG;
  • Fix date in grid EPG (was US style :frantic:);
  • More width for channel names in grid EPG;
  • Browsing media in the mobile interface will now sort the files in the same order as that which was last selected in the main media browser (phew);
  • Show last event time in schedule;

Back