[webif] Web Interface 1.3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
My HDR1 has had a spasm, and looks like it wants to restore a schedule backup inappropriately:

ScreenGrab160502.png

Anything you want me to do before I unravel it?

It was also difficult to kill the pending system notifications, because the current status panel mostly obscured it on the the WebIF home page.

My HDR3 shows loads of conflicts in the schedule, but that's how it's been for a long time because of the way I record national and regional news bulletins from West and Wales. The times have small overlaps, which don't cause any problems in practice. Therefore the conflict alerts are (in my case) unnecessarily scary.

Last edited:
The yellow vertical line showing the current time/progress through programmes in the EPG grid view seems to be broken, it is now only showing a short line through the first channel, and partly into the second channel.
It's about 400 pixels too short so the percentage will differ depending on how many channels are displayed.
This will be fixed in the next update, thanks.

My HDR1 has had a spasm, and looks like it wants to restore a schedule backup inappropriately:
Does it have auto-schedule-restore installed?
It presumably found the schedule empty during boot for some reason.

modinit.log may hold some clues.

Since 'Click for 1 more...' takes up the same space as actually displaying the one more why not just display it! The ''Click for n more...' should only be displayed when there are 2 or more additional entries
I'll do this in the next update, thanks.

OK, so what's happened to the new EPG? Looks fine and dandy, but although I get a 'hand' on the programmes, when I click any of them they don't popup the popup to allow me to schedule them. What am I doing wrong, as I suspect it's my incompetence?
New version installed yesterday and just done a boot up

Thanks. What I have done is stopped Adblock on that page. It now works OK. Strange that it didn't block them before though. Told you it was my incontinence;)

af123 Would it be possible, please, to expand the EPG to show up to eight hours as in the RS version? I find that useful.

The sweeper icons are not showing (Duplicate Rule, Delete Rule etc)

Is it just our Humax or everyones?

Sweeper Rules.png

Last edited:
New option which allows skipping a single episode within a series;

This is a welcome addition to the Custom Firmware, well done!

However my testing seems to show that a couple of tweaks are required.

1. It took me a quite a while to find out how to implement the facility.
Going to 'Scheduled Events' -> 'Recording List' shows a list of episodes for a series, but clicking on one of the episodes produces a information box with just one option, 'Close'. It's only when one selects the 'Visual Schedule' tab, that clicking on an episode produces a box with a 'Skip This Episode' option. This then works as expected (after a reboot).

Trying this on an episode in the EPG doesn't work either.

2. In the case of a series with just one episode showing in the schedule (quite likely for a weekly series), the facility doesn't work at all. Using the 'Visual Schedule' tab appears to work as above, but after the reboot, the episode is still scheduled.

No doubt I'm doing something silly, and someone will be along shortly to tell me how to do it properly.

Sorry, details shown below in my sig are out of date. Everything is at the latest version.

1. It took me a quite a while to find out how to implement the facility.
2. In the case of a series with just one episode showing in the schedule (quite likely for a weekly series), the facility doesn't work at all.
Thanks for the feedback.

At the moment the conflict resolution options only show up in the visual schedule view as you found.
This is a new feature so it will doubtless continue to evolve and the documentation alongside it. You can also select an alternative episode as shown in the video at https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/rs-improved-conflict-detection.6944/page-4#post-94818

2. Yes, I'm aware of that and it is something that I expect to be able to fix over the next few releases. It is a similar problem to the one that MymsMan has reported in https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/rs-improved-conflict-detection.6944. The button will either become functional or disabled when appropriate.

af123 Would it be possible, please, to expand the EPG to show up to eight hours as in the RS version? I find that useful.
Yes, but I expect it will take a very long time for the page to load. I'm working on optimising it and do hope to speed it up in the end though.

Thanks. What I have done is stopped Adblock on that page. It now works OK. Strange that it didn't block them before though.
Yes, me too. The way that the popups are shown hasn't changed so I wonder what has triggered the ad blocking. Does adblock provide any logs or other way of working out why something is blocked?

Yes, me too. The way that the popups are shown hasn't changed so I wonder what has triggered the ad blocking. Does adblock provide any logs or other way of working out why something is blocked?
Curiouser and curiouser. On this computer where I had disabled adbolck on the EPG page, the popups are working as expected. However, I re enabled adblock on the EPG page and the popups still now work OK. On my lappy, I had not disabled adblock, and the popups were not working just now. I disabled it on the EPG page and the popups then worked. I then re enabled it on the EPG page and lo and behold, the popups still work. So WTF is going on? {rhet} I don't know. Can't find any reference to an adblock log file on t' web. So perhaps it's adblock's incontinence, not mine.:D

OK, so what's happened to the new EPG? Looks fine and dandy, but although I get a 'hand' on the programmes, when I click any of them they don't popup the popup to allow me to schedule them. What am I doing wrong, as I suspect it's my incompetence?
New version installed yesterday and just done a boot up

I had the same issue as you and whitelisting the Hummy URL in FlashBlocker solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back