[webif] Web Interface 1.3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feature request: I would like a direct link from scheduling a recording in the EPG to the schedule list (currently have to close the programme pop-up, two steps to back out of the EPG to the main page, then open the schedule list if I want to modify folder name or AR).
I would prefer the Cancel / Skip / More buttons of the Visual Schedule to be included in the EPG programme pop up with Modify folder and AR as additional entries on the More button

What about the slide-down toolbar at the top? That provides quick navigation to different areas.
I don't have that enabled, but even if I did a quick click would be better.
I would prefer the Cancel / Skip / More buttons of the Visual Schedule to be included in the EPG programme pop up with Modify folder and AR as additional entries on the More button
I like that too, but it would only work when everyone has RTS.

HDR4 is doing a couple of things at the moment - it's on iPlayer, saving off an iPlayer download, and recording from R4X. The status says it's playing what it is recording, instead of recording it.

I noticed that some time ago. I think it is a manifestation due to the latest detectads integration in chaseplay mode. That's what I suspected when I first noticed it.

The status says it's playing what it is recording, instead of recording it.
It detects recording versus playing by looking at whether the file size is changing. It can only wait a couple of seconds to check so can sometimes miss the size change. If, however, you have redring installed, then that provides extra information.

Redring shows recording, but the status popdown box thingy just shows playing and detecting ads. Again, no biggie once you realise what's going on.

I have had similar with decrypting while recording. Would it be possible to engineer a setting that could stop it from attempting decryption while there is a recording in progress?

That would be nice as it does seem to slow down the box a lot which can make navigating around the UI rather painful...

I have had similar with decrypting while recording. Would it be possible to engineer a setting that could stop it from attempting decryption while there is a recording in progress?
It would be fairly complex for auto processing to analyze the recording schedule and find a gap when there is no recording and the box is not in half awake state.
The simplest option would be create a new Sweeper action, as suggested on the Sweeper thread, then the user could set a suitable time for decryption processing and use timers to ensure that the box is fully awake.

It would be easy enough to do something crude that just checks that nothing is recording and nothing is set to start recording in the next 10 minutes (say) before launching something like decryption.. analysing the recording schedule would be harder as MymsMan says.

It would be easy enough to do something crude that just checks that nothing is recording and nothing is set to start recording in the next 10 minutes (say)
Thanks, that would suit me. Most things have finished decrypting in 10 minutes.
Isn't it just a case of giving the decryption process a lower priority?
I believe it already is, and it doesn't seem to reduce whatever load enough to stop the glitching.
Where I really noticed some odd effects was during the Olympics at 2:05-2:10am when the anacron stuff runs, although I wouldn't have expected it to cause as much trouble as it did. Never record anything at that time of night normally so it doesn't get seen/matter.

Decryption is done by the main Humax application so we don't have much control over that. Most automatic processes already run at the lower possible priority.

I know the actual decryption is the Humax process, but that should only be some data-shovelling through the decryption hardware. Ah! It's competing with the data encryption for the recording itself.

I know the actual decryption is the Humax process, but that should only be some data-shovelling through the decryption hardware. Ah! It's competing with the data encryption for the recording itself.

However, a lot of people never see a problem with doing both at the same time. MymsMan habitually decrypts and runs ad-detection against recordings which are in progress. Other people find this causes problems with their boxes.
I don't notice any problems when decrypting and recording at the same time (other than the media list being slow to react), others find it unacceptable. No idea why there is this variance.

I don't notice any problems when decrypting and recording at the same time (other than the media list being slow to react), others find it unacceptable. No idea why there is this variance.
That's true, I don't find problems with it and I'm running three.

Isn't the average data rate throttleable by wget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back