Another fix for the "Mux Info" page in Diagnostics:
Code:
-  "Made In *" -
-  "Movies4Men" { set mux "Local" }
-  "CBeebies HD" -
+  "True Crime" -
+  "Kix" { set mux "Local" }
+  "5STAR+1" -
The local mux is currently autodetected based upon the modulation system used. Local muxes use QPSK/4-QAM which gives greater immunity to interference at low power but with reduced bandwidth (typically 3 channels per mux). However, I am not clear about the modulation system used for the "GMAN" and "NIMUX" muxes in Greater Manchester and Northern Ireland. According to http://www.terrestrialtv.co.uk/dtt.cgi?pg=info GMAN shows "Movies 4 Men +1" which may be why it was included as an exception prior to your patch.

Last edited:
Sorry, this now needs to be reverted. BBC FOUR HD and CBeebies HD has gone back to COM7, which is not what was expected.
Definitely confused now : )

How about this?
Code:
                        "BBC NEWS" -
                        "BBC FOUR" { set mux "PSB1/BBC A" }
                        "Channel 5" -
                        "ITV2" { set mux "PSB2/D3&4" }
                        "Channel 4 HD" -
                        "BBC ONE HD" { set mux "PSB3/BBC B" }
                        "5 USA" -
                        "ITV3" { set mux "COM4/SDN" }
                        "Really" -
                        "Dave" { set mux "COM5/ARQ A" }
                        "4Music" -
                        "Yesterday" { set mux "COM6/ARQ B" }
                        "BBC NEWS HD" { set mux "COM7/ARQ C" }
                        "5STAR+1" -
                        "QVC + 1 HD" { set mux "COM8/ARQ D" }

Assuming that local MUXs are being properly detected.

The local mux is currently autodetected based upon the modulation system used.
Ah, so it is. Hadn't noticed that. But... it's overridden lower down by the named channels.
Local muxes use QPSK/4-QAM which gives greater immunity to interference at low power but with reduced bandwidth (typically 3 channels per mux).
Aye, I know.
However, I am not clear about the modulation system used for the "GMAN" and "NIMUX" muxes in Greater Manchester and Northern Ireland.
Can't help you there as I'm not in the areas.
GMAN shows "Movies 4 Men +1" which may be why it was included as an exception prior to your patch.
OK, fair point which I hadn't considered, but it wouldn't have matched "Movies4Men" anyway as the spacing is different and there's no wildcard.

Right, so the question is - prpr - did your Mux screen show "Unknown" instead of "Local" against the Mux?
No, it showed "Local" because it matched on "Made In *", but that wouldn't necessarily apply in other areas.
Definitely confused now : )
I think I was too at the time. TPTB seemed to keep changing their minds though. Both are back on COM7 where they were before.
How about this?
Works for me! I think that's what I suggested apart from the culling of the "Local" names?

please consider this RFE...

When the CF/WebIF detects a "failed recording", if the programme's info is available, look for, and record, an alternate showing of the programme, by CRID (or even by smart lookup as per e.g. series/episode matching as done elsewhere).

If generally find that, by the time I've noticed the failed recording, it's too late, but if I had noticed in time, there would have been a re-showing I could have recorded.

Of course, this only applies when CF/WebIF can detect there has been a failed recording, e.g. only an hmt file present, etc? I get this occasionally, without understanding why.

For extra credit, we could check that every event in the Schedule does result in a recording, barring schedule removals, and recording deletions, both of which we can detect (even if done from the standard UI?). Thus improving detection of failed/missing recordings.

thanks for considering, apols if this has been discussed before.

please consider this RFE...

When the CF/WebIF detects a "failed recording", if the programme's info is available, look for, and record, an alternate showing of the programme, by CRID (or even by smart lookup as per e.g. series/episode matching as done elsewhere).

If generally find that, by the time I've noticed the failed recording, it's too late, but if I had noticed in time, there would have been a re-showing I could have recorded.

Of course, this only applies when CF/WebIF can detect there has been a failed recording, e.g. only an hmt file present, etc? I get this occasionally, without understanding why.

For extra credit, we could check that every event in the Schedule does result in a recording, barring schedule removals, and recording deletions, both of which we can detect (even if done from the standard UI?). Thus improving detection of failed/missing recordings.

thanks for considering, apols if this has been discussed before.
It is a very interesting idea but it is probably worth moving to a separate thread.
I think it is doable but would be quite a major effort and not just a simple tweak to existing processing.

What do we call Season Passes?

Series Recordings?

Anyway, them.

All of my Series Recordings that don't have current episodes have disappeared.

So, Strictly, all the C4 ones I'm hoping might resume after the Para Olympics, gone.

I did a retune a couple of days back and restored the Schedule from my backup.

I've viewed yesterday's backup via Web-IF and Strictly et al. are there.

I restored this, but only scheduled recordings are visible.

They don't' appear in the telly GUI, either.

[Edit] I've just checked and the 'system' recordings
--- Sleep ---
--- Auto Update ---
--- Wake-up ---
don't appear either.

[Second Edit] The "Sleep" and "Wake-up" options were not set, according to the telly GUI.

These have been set for months with no change from me.

How odd.

Last edited:
From today in the webif-error.log:
Code:
1 /mod/webif/html/browse/sizes.jim:35: Error: invalid command name "jescape"
2 at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/sizes.jim", line 35
No idea what I was doing.

Upgraded Webif manually just now on my HD Fox and got this:
Code:
Upgrading webif on root from 1.3.2-16 to 1.3.2-18...
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.3.2-18_mipsel.opk.
Removing obsolete file /mod/webif/lib/system.class~.
Removing obsolete file /mod/webif/.strip-updated.
Configuring webif.
* Please wait while any shrunk recordings are flagged...
Scanning directory (/media/drive1/Video)
Scanning directory (/media/drive1/Video/[Deleted Items])
Scanning directory (/media/drive1/Video/Video)
Scanning directory (/media/drive1/Video/Video/[Deleted Items])
Scanning directory (/media/drive1/Video/Video/Video)
Scanning directory (/media/drive1/Video/Video/Video/[Deleted Items])
Scanning directory (/media/drive1/Video/Video/Video/Video)
which I had to kill to stop the infinite recursion.
It looks like bl**dy BootHDR is responsible for setting up stupid symlinks which cause this.

I performed a crash recovery fix-flash-packages and then a reboot, and the status check failed to identify there were two manual timer recordings scheduled in ten minutes.

All the diagnostics seem to have stopped working. RS seems to have stopped working as well (last update 11.30pm on my box), which is when I tried a "diag rs/sync" and found it didn't do anything.
Trying manually:
Code:
humax ~ # wget -O- "http://hummypkg.org.uk/diag/rs/sync"
--2016-12-03 01:36:37--  http://hummypkg.org.uk/diag/rs/sync
Resolving hummypkg.org.uk... 89.248.55.75
Connecting to hummypkg.org.uk|89.248.55.75|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2016-12-03 01:36:37 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
It works OK from a web browser though.

Ditto here on two boxes. One shows last contact a 04:30 Friday (box not used last night) other shows late yesterday evening.
Looks like system wasn't there at 04:30 this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feature request: I would like a direct link from scheduling a recording in the EPG to the schedule list (currently have to close the programme pop-up, two steps to back out of the EPG to the main page, then open the schedule list if I want to modify folder name or AR).

Feature request: I would like a direct link from scheduling a recording in the EPG to the schedule list (currently have to close the programme pop-up, two steps to back out of the EPG to the main page, then open the schedule list if I want to modify folder name or AR).
What about the slide-down toolbar at the top? That provides quick navigation to different areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back