[webif] Web Interface 1.3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a test.

Recording appeared at top of Schedule page as Pending.

Clicked the Reboot now button...

I think that might be it.

I normally don't click the Reboot now button and so those pending recordings sit there for hours until I shut it down at night.

It is then awakened by a 4.20am reminder.

Maybe it forgets?
I have also seen occasional failures to schedule recordings https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/new-scheduled-recordings-not-adding-to-the-schedule.7254/

Unfortunately unless you are an insomniac you are unlikely to see the logs from the early morning restart and it rarely fails when you are attempting to recreate the problem :(

In theory, any pending items should be promoted to active as a result of any reboot for any reason. However, to be sure I think it's best to initiate a reboot once all your manual schedule manipulations are complete.

Suggested fix for the confusion on the Diagnostics, Mux. Info. page. This will also work after the Olympics, and for those of us who don't have QVC* on our boxes.
Code:
humax /mnt/hd2/mod/webif/html/diag # diff -u mux.jim~ mux.jim
--- mux.jim~
+++ mux.jim
@@ -88,10 +88,10 @@
  "Dave" { set mux "COM5/ARQ A" }
  "4Music" -
  "Yesterday" { set mux "COM6/ARQ B" }
-  "BBC FOUR HD" -
  "BBC NEWS HD" { set mux "COM7/ARQ C" }
  "Made In *" -
  "Movies4Men" { set mux "Local" }
+  "CBeebies HD" -
  "QVC + 1 HD" { set mux "COM8/ARQ D" }
  }
  }
af123 : This still needs doing...

Just tidying up locally and discovered there seems to be a superfluous backup file in Webif too:
Code:
humax ~ # opkg files webif|grep opkg.
/mod/webif/cgi-bin/opkg.jim
/mod/webif/cgi-bin/opkg.jim~

Hi

I've noticed a couple of times recently when I do an upgrade packages webif stops working and I have to power cycle, any way I can restart webif via terminal ? Never used to have that issue maybe I need to look into packages in case of conflict - has anyone else had this ?

Im running

Web interface version: 1.3.1-5
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)
Loader Version: a7.31

Last edited:
Well, I've just done a search for "webif stops working" and damian's post is the only recent one that pops up. I have looked back this thread until March and can't find the answer, so perhaps you could point damian at the answer a bit mor precisely:eek:.

Thanks Trev & prpr I searched webif stops working and read a few posts then found a similar issue:

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/cant-access-web-if.7226/#post-99833

I wasn't getting internal server error just page cannot be displayed as after updating packages looks like lighttpd was failing / not restarting.

id checked the custom firmware page but no subjects near the top sorted by last post looked similar before I asked and initially didn't find what I needed in search - such a helpful and popular forum means lots of posts but also lots of help if you do have to ask :)

thanks again

still love my humax, not sure there's anything equivalent with the community support too

Interesting little bug which stops you deleting something in the Pending list if it's a deletion and the item is recording:

Pending_bug.png

I don't think things in the Pending list should show recording status as they are not active, and therefore the "More" menu should be enabled to allow you to edit/delete it.

I see it a different way: The Pending list needs to be pruned of queued items that are past their sell-by date. You can't incorporate an event into the active list once the target time is passed, so there is no reason to be able to modify it.

I don't think things in the Pending list should show recording status as they are not active, and therefore the "More" menu should be enabled to allow you to edit/delete it.
Thanks, will be fixed in next version.

Is Auto-expire designed to not work in [Deleted Items] or square bracketed folders in general?

I have WI set to recursive auto-decrypt and recursive auto-shrink. I don't need to keep the auto-shrink folder as the original recording is in the auto-decrypt folder if I ever need to revert because of a failure in the auto process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another fix for the "Mux Info" page in Diagnostics:
Code:
humax /mnt/hd2/mod/webif/html/diag # diff mux.jim~ mux.jim
--- mux.jim~
+++ mux.jim
@@ -89,9 +89,9 @@
  "4Music" -
  "Yesterday" { set mux "COM6/ARQ B" }
  "BBC NEWS HD" { set mux "COM7/ARQ C" }
-  "Made In *" -
-  "Movies4Men" { set mux "Local" }