[webif] Web Interface 1.3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Web interface version 1.3.0 will shortly be available from the repository. Here are the release notes:

1.3.0 (01/05/2016)
New:
  • Recording conflict detection (on schedule display and when selecting events from the EPG);
  • Visual schedule view with tools to assist with resolving conflicts;
  • Schedule backup/restore screen moved to better place (on new tab bar within the schedule page);
  • New option which allows skipping a single episode within a series;
  • New option to refresh a schedule entry - causes the Humax software to revalidate it against the EPG;
  • Improved visualisation of pending actions on list schedule page;
  • Show start/end times when viewing a schedule backup file;
  • New day/time picker at top of grid EPG view (also allows clicking before the page has fully loaded);
  • Channels with no EPG data for the selected time period are now shown in the grid EPG view;
Fixes:
  • Single channel grid view didn't handle the clock change well (thanks to prpr);
  • Don't use BBC THREE to detect MUX PSB1/BBC A;
  • Disk diagnostics did not properly handle SSDs (thanks to prpr);
  • Some disks did not appear in eject drop-down;
  • Icons no longer jump around in the toolbar as they come in and out of focus;
Other Changes:
  • Improved locking mechanism;
  • Add missing context menu icons;
  • Diagnostics screen now shows output as it appears instead of all at the end;
  • Package screen now shows output as it appears instead of all at the end;
  • Loader version shown in version section;
  • Embedded JQuery upgraded to version 1.12.3.

Since the last beta that I saw...
Has the Next Prime button been removed (it is still there on [rs] but not on [webif])?
I like the addition of the "No EPG data for this time range...".

The yellow vertical line showing the current time/progress through programmes in the EPG grid view seems to be broken, it is now only showing a short line through the first channel, and partly into the second channel.

The yellow vertical line showing the current time/progress through programmes in the EPG grid view seems to be broken, it is now only showing a short line through the first channel, and partly into the second channel.
Mine is better, does about 37 channels and then misses the bottom 8 !

Mine shows on the first 90 pct of the epg...

It has never been there on the webif version - not sure it makes sense on RS any more either.
Hadn't noticed that difference.
Its use is a little uncertain... it is useful for coming back to the current prime when you are somewhere down the week. That said, my original instinct with it was that it should take me to the next prime following the day/time that I am currently looking at.

Skipped/already recorded episodes are still shown as to be recorded (blue) on the webif EPG rather than in orange as on the RS EPG.
Fullscreen capture 01052016 123127.jpg Fullscreen capture 01052016 123133.jpg

• Channels with no EPG data for the selected time period are now shown in the grid EPG view;
I seem to have a problem with channels temporarily missing from my grid-style Now/Next, that are present in my standard now/next display. Should this have been fixed with this update?

Last edited:
Web interface version 1.3.0 will shortly be available from the repository. Here are the release notes:

1.3.0 (01/05/2016)
New:
  • Recording conflict detection (on schedule display and when selecting events from the EPG);
  • Visual schedule view with tools to assist with resolving conflicts;

My schedule is showing a conflict for a reservation that has no others scheduled for more than four hours before or after it. I tried deleting it on the box then recreating it, but it still shows up in pink. Any ideas?

Later: I worked it out. Is there a way to delete posts here?

Last edited:
No, but I'd be interested to know what it was : )

There was a second recording which was hidden behind "+1 more" in the list for a series reservation. There was also the reminder I use to wake up the box every morning, which overlapped both of them.

Trying to select a program to record from either EPG Search or the EPG itself isn't working for me! "Hand" appears, but no pop-up box.

There was a second recording which was hidden behind "+1 more" in the list for a series reservation. There was also the reminder I use to wake up the box every morning, which overlapped both of them.
Since 'Click for 1 more...' takes up the same space as actually displaying the one more why not just display it! The ''Click for n more...' should only be displayed when there are 2 or more additional entries

Since 'Click for 1 more...' takes up the same space as actually displaying the one more why not just display it! The ''Click for n more...' should only be displayed when there are 2 or more additional entries
I thought that the other day but neglected to mention it.

Ah, OK. The new visual view would have shown the problem and is where to go for managing conflict problems now as it provides more options.

Ah, OK. The new visual view would have shown the problem and is where to go for managing conflict problems now as it provides more options.

That's how I found the problem :). Would it make sense to also "pink up" the reservation with the hidden entry and any conflicting reminder?

I just rebooted one of my machines from the diagnostics page when two "will record .." statuses were shown at the top of the screen. One was for five minutes later and the other ten. When it came back up, the two items had fallen off the schedule. I spotted it in time to re-schedule them via the remote control.

I tried to recreate this on another box with an imminent recording but that remembered the schedule as usual. But this may not be a valid test as I had to manually update the package first, and there was only one recording coming up. Also I had the warning about this box last being rebooted for a schedule and may need manual intervention.

It will be interesting to see if this happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back