[webif] Web Interface version 1.0.18 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about something like this?

Screenshot%202014-12-30%2016.20.03.png
That looks good; nice job :)

He might think enough has been said, but he started the argument and satisfaction has not been reached. That he has singled me out in particular for not giving a Like to a feature AF has added at somebody else's request when hundreds of others also have not given it a Like requires explanation and/or apology. Many newcomers have gained benefit from my various posts, they also only rarely leave Likes. Likes can also be devalued by excessive use.

A Dislike button for posts would make it less necessary to comment.

I requested the feature... in my professional experience, it is considered poor practice to physically remove a device on which resides a mounted Linux kernel filesystem, without first unmounting it. The fact that USB makes this electrically acceptable, does not make it safe with respect to data.

It may be that Humax has made changes to the kernel to render this always safe (e.g. fsync), without crippling performance. That seems unlikely to me, especially given other obvious lacking features in stock firmware. We don't know for sure (do we?).

Asking for an easier method to unmount it, before removal, seemed reasonable, to me, regardless of whether we have seen any reports of problems from not doing so. [Actually, I have received such a report, but it could have been user error, so have not forwarded it here].

thanks again, @af123.

It may be that Humax has made changes to the kernel to render this always safe (e.g. fsync), without crippling performance. That seems unlikely to me, especially given other obvious lacking features in stock firmware. We don't know for sure (do we?).
I do, they haven't.

Christmas seems to have come late this year.
But a gift not worthy of a "like" it would seem.
That he has singled me out in particular for not giving a Like to a feature AF has added at somebody else's request when hundreds of others also have not given it a Like requires explanation and/or apology.
I singled you out because, unlike you, hundreds of others did not comment that "Christmas seems to have come late this year" after af123's post about the new USB eject feature. From your comment it would appear that you liked it, but obviously, not enough to recognize the effort put in to provide that feature by simply clicking the "like" button. A small reward which costs nothing. My point about acknowledging and encouraging developers efforts still stands. I make no apologies.

Last edited:
1.0.18-6 adds disk utilisation to the eject sub-menu.

How about clicking on the line number to centre that line in the listing?
In the latest version, clicking a line will highlight it and then reveal ten lines before and after.. More tweaking will doubtless be required.

I occasionally see out of order entries in the full page per channel EPG view ...

I tried clearing the EPG in maintentance mode, and thought that had sorted it, but today I see a recurrence:

epg.png

so I don't think it's quite that simple...

I have noticed a little quirk: it is not a major issue. I have three HDR-Foxes in regular use, two of them have portable USB hard drives, the other has a USB stick connected. Folders on the USB hard drives are shared (SMB). A folder on the USB stick is also configured as an SMB share, but it is not automatically mounted on another device. All machines have Samba and other networking packages installed (network shares automount, cifs, nfs-utils) and I am on Web-If 1.0.18.5. The USB stick ejects, but the USB drives don't eject and give an 'in use' message. This happens even if the shared folder is not mounted on another device (e.g, if the other units are in full standby). The eject works if I stop the Samba service, or if the drives are connected after boot-up.

I tried clearing the EPG in maintentance mode, and thought that had sorted it, but today I see a recurrence:

1.0.18-7 should fix it. It seems that the EPG data is sometimes transmitted out of order or extracted out of order by the Humax software. Either way, I've changed it to use the cached database instead and now the order should always be correct on-screen.

I have noticed a little quirk: it is not a major issue. I have three HDR-Foxes in regular use, two of them have portable USB hard drives, the other has a USB stick connected. Folders on the USB hard drives are shared (SMB). A folder on the USB stick is also configured as an SMB share, but it is not automatically mounted on another device. All machines have Samba and other networking packages installed (network shares automount, cifs, nfs-utils) and I am on Web-If 1.0.18.5. The USB stick ejects, but the USB drives don't eject and give an 'in use' message. This happens even if the shared folder is not mounted on another device (e.g, if the other units are in full standby). The eject works if I stop the Samba service, or if the drives are connected after boot-up.
Samba must be holding something open on the drives then... you could try typing lsof /media/drive1 or whichever drive it is from the command line.

Here's the output:
Code:
Three# lsof /media/usb-drive1                                              
COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE  SIZE NODE NAME                       
smbd    6690 root  cwd    DIR    8,1 53248 2169 /media/usb-drive1/Recordings
Three#

Edit: other units were also on when this command was run.

Last edited:
Interesting.. that shows that Samba has /media/usb-drive1/Recordings as its working directory. It was either started from there or it has changed its working directory. Either way, that will prevent the eject.

I set up that folder as a mount point in the smb.conf file so that remote shares go straight to the recordings folder (and to stop accidental deletion of the system volume information folder on the drive root). Is there any downside to briefly stopping the Samba service to enable the disk to be ejected?

I set up that folder as a mount point in the smb.conf file so that remote shares go straight to the recordings folder (and to stop accidental deletion of the system volume information folder on the drive root). Is there any downside to briefly stopping the Samba service to enable the disk to be ejected?
Can't think of any, as long as nothing has it mounted at the time.

You may need to force a refresh or clear the browser cache.. if that still doesn't work, could you post a screenshot?
I've done another update, since it had again been updated, cleared the browser cache (having a bit of trouble with my version of FF - easier to close all tabs and FF and restart FF), and now it is showing correctly.
Much thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back