[webif] Web interface

As Melchett once said "I thought it would be right up your alley"

(I'm not detracting from topic anymore before I get told off!)

I've just uploaded a minor update to webif - adds a couple of new channel icons and improves the channel information screen to include details of the Mux and how many channels are in the 800 range.

There appear to be a few channels with missing icons.
These are
53 - S4C Clirlun
719 - BBC Radio Wales
720 - BBC Radio Cymru

Any chance of these being included in the next update?

I've just uploaded a minor update to webif - adds a couple of new channel icons and improves the channel information screen to include details of the Mux and how many channels are in the 800 range.

I have looked at the update to the Channel Information.

I don't know from where you are sourcing the mux. names, but it is D3&4 not 'DL&4' (?)

Ofcom's naming of the mux's has been all over the place since the introduction of DTT DVB broadcasting, but now seems to have settled on :-
BBC A
D3&4
BBC B HD
SDN
ARQ A
ARQ B

......for how long one wonders?!

There appear to be a few channels with missing icons.
These are
53 - S4C Clirlun
719 - BBC Radio Wales
720 - BBC Radio Cymru

Any chance of these being included in the next update?

Can I second this request.

Thanks.

With respect to the facilities of webif and rs, and in the words of a well known nationwide eating establishment - "I'm lovin' it" ! :)

The EPG searching is very good, but I seem to remember that someone asked if it were possible to produce a similar grid-like EPG as per using the remote on the box, which would probably require quite a bit of work and alter the vertical-scrolling nature of the result on the device being used.

This might be a silly idea - but in the interim, would it be possible to show up-coming programmes within, for ease of use say, the next 4 hours, or multiples of 4 hours. I thought the EPG would be searchable on day name and/or date, but I haven't managed to achieve a satisfactory result.

The idea is to see the programmes on for all channels within the next few hours.

It may need to be restricted to only channels defined in a favourites list, to limit the size of result and applied only to webif.

Thoughts/suggestions on this?

@ af123 Doubt it's not just my Hummy but when searching the EPG it returns events from the past, can the db query be updated to negate those form the past please?

...I seem to remember that someone asked if it were possible to produce a similar grid-like EPG as per using the remote on the box, which would probably require quite a bit of work and alter the vertical-scrolling nature of the result on the device being used....

Hopefully an improved EPG won't take too much longer. I've found the components I need and have it on my list of things to look at this week.

csudcy did produce a very nice looking EPG as part of his FoxxyWeb package but it was a bit slow and put a lot of load on the browser to render. That one could probably be integrated fairly quickly though - the source code is on Sourceforge.

@ af123 Doubt it's not just my Hummy but when searching the EPG it returns events from the past, can the db query be updated to negate those form the past please?
It could - I actually like to see events from the past occasionally - perhaps it needs to be a preference?

It could - I actually like to see events from the past occasionally - perhaps it needs to be a preference?

I agree. One of the (many) things I like about the Humax EPG via the remote, is that it DOES allow you to go back and view programmes before the current time. So many other AV devices basically say - oh no you can't do that!!

Perhaps it could be an option in 'settings', say a tick box + 'don't show previous programmes' (?).

In the same vein, I thought perhaps another option saying 'show programmes starting within the 4 hours'/8 hours/12 hours etc... could be implemented.

An easier option would be to allow the start date and time of a programme to be in character form and fully searchable - if it isn't already? - but I've not been able to search on this satisfactorily. Thus one could search on the current day name to get the remaining programmes in the day for every channel, or tomorrow's day name........just an idea...?!

Upgraded to webif 0.7.1-3. Something weird happening with my epg list. When I opened it after upgrading the webif BBC SD channel 1 was not listed. Did a full rescan on the box and now my webif EPG list starts at Pick TV channel 11. :eek:

Is there anywhere a place where descriptions of what the new upgrades do/fix in the various packages. Would it be too onerous to provide them ? I find that I am updating and if I don't know that a function is available I may not use it. I think it would also help with bug collection since people would be able to test whether the new features work.

I've just installed 0.7.2
Created a schedule backup, then tried to delete an old backup.

Doesn't matter what I pick, It always says 'are you sure you want to delete' then todays backup name.. not the one I selected !!

Back