[webif] Web interface

Can the webif save with the recorded filename rather than the xxx.ts name?

It could, and I originally had it working that way, but it requires the file to be proxied through the web server which makes the Humax work very hard during the download and the fans to come on at full pelt - although the decryption was happening in the hardware, the proxying has to be done in user-space. On balance I didn't think it was worth it to put the additional load on the box.

The Dec flag should be fixed in 0.8.0-3 and files which are already decrypted will be downloaded directly from the web interface.

Upgraded to 0.8.0-3. Dec flags cleared from undecrypted recordings.

On the ball as usual. Thanks.

Oh, I don't know! The speed of development these days. Fixes take literally hours to come out :D :D :D

Works for me here in that the decrypted file downloads with full name, non-decrypted files are still xxxx.ts. Seems perfect to me!!

Thanks af123 - we all owe you so much for your work over this year!! Did you imagine we'd get this far?

af123 As you showed an interest in the Pie chart mystery, is it possible to have the subject stripped out of Drutt's thread, for further discussion?

Regarding the "save last streamed" button, I had reason to do this today and I noticed the file was being copied to the media directory under the name specified, and it took a long time. Wouldn't it be better to move it and then rename it?

Also, when I came back to the PC some time later (and the copy had completed), the info panel on the browser was stuck doing it's spinning ring thing to show it was still busy. I suppose that might have been because the PC was asleep at the the time the "finished" message was sent to the browser?

I guess this is a "work in progress". Decrypt-in-place is under development, and it would not be surprising if the hooks are in the WebIF ready to use it. Meanwhile, you have the decrypt options we have been using for ages: if it is HiDef first clear the Enc flag, then either use the "download" OPT+ option, or copy (using the standard user interface - ie on-screen menus and remote control) to a USB drive.

You do not need to decrypt a file if you only want to play it on the Humax.

Upgraded to 0.8.0-3. How do I decrypt? When I click on opt+ it is greyed out.
I had the same problem which I managed to resolve by editing a tcl script. I PM'd af123 with the details but not had a reply yet as to whether what I did was correct. Hopefully it will be sorted for everyone soon.

I had the same problem which I managed to resolve by editing a tcl script. I PM'd af123 with the details but not had a reply yet as to whether what I did was correct. Hopefully it will be sorted for everyone soon.

Sorry, I've been away this week. I'll catch up on things over the weekend.

• Adds webif authentication support to the Settings screen - just add a user and restart your Humax to enable authentication;
  • New diagnostics screen (link from bottom of main screen).

I have tried running the new diagnostics screen and got the following,
>>> Beginning diagnostic general Running: general *** Directory Structure *** Checking /mod/boot is a symlink : Pass Checking /var/lib/humaxtv/mod is a directory : Pass Checking /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod is a directory : Pass Checking /mod/boot/2 is a symlink : Pass Checking /mod/boot links correctly : Fail: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Nov 13 06:56 /mod/boot -> /var/lib/humaxtv/mod lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Nov 13 06:56 /mod/boot -> /var/lib/humaxtv/mod Checking /mod/boot/2 links correctly : Fail: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Oct 10 22:05 /mod/boot/2 -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Oct 10 22:05 /mod/boot/2 -> /var/lib/humaxtv_backup/mod >>> Ending diagnostic general
I see that there are 2 Fail entries listed, should I be concerned about this.

Thanks.
Tried that. I am using an iPad. I will look again.

Edit: No go. Can't select to copy.

Back