[webif] Web interface

Brilliant, thanks! I thought I had that switched on already... I'll check once the TV is free (daughter is currently watching Horrible Histories back to back!)
Hmm, that's odd - it is switched on (Menu -> Settings -> System -> Internet Settings -> Content Share) but I'm still getting the encrypted files from webif OPT+ -> Download

Hmm, that's odd - it is switched on (Menu -> Settings -> System -> Internet Settings -> Content Share) but I'm still getting the encrypted files from webif OPT+ -> Download

Bizarre, a reboot of the Humax and now OPT+ -> Download is giving me a decrypted file, yay!

Apologies for the false alarm.

Bizarre, a reboot of the Humax and now OPT+ -> Download is giving me a decrypted file, yay!

Apologies for the false alarm.

After media sharing has been turned on, it takes a while for it to index the disk (maybe even a reboot?) then the auto-unprotect has to run again to update the index entry so that it is decrypted on the fly.

Glad it's working for you : )

No, I haven't updated the hmt utility yet.

From google: 'FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. It includes libavcodec - the leading audio/video codec library.'

The web interface uses it do display detailed (technical) information about foreign video files.
That's the bit I needed! I must have been looking at an mp4 from an iPlayer rip.

I have just tried to update my package list, and received the following message.

Code:
>>> opkg update
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Updating package meta information
Done.

Is there anywhere in web-if where I can force a reboot of the Humax? I know it generates a link to do this after you schedule something, but it would be quite handy to have one that's always there and available, maybe on the service management page?

this is my error message
Collected errors:
* opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /tmp/opkg.lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

Error retrieving package list from the Internet. Please check your connection
and try again.

I had that message - I just tried again and it worked! If it doesn't clear by itself you could try rebooting the hummy refreshing the webif?

Is there anywhere in web-if where I can force a reboot of the Humax? I know it generates a link to do this after you schedule something, but it would be quite handy to have one that's always there and available, maybe on the service management page?

http://<your humax>/cgi-bin/restart.jim

What features? The whole Modified Software Project?

You need to connect to the Humax via your home network, and use a web browser to access it. Then the full glory of the Web Interface reveals itself. It is not something that appears on the TV screen (with the exception of the Custom Portal).

I think you need to get up to speed. Read (in particular) Black Hole's Trail Guide (click), Stage 3 details starting up the MSP although you will need to read through the earlier stages to understand some of the context.

Also good background reading is the Glossary (click), and the Index (click) provides access to useful topics. These are all pinned at the top of the topics listing.

ta for that, i'm so far behind on technology that its frankly embarassing!!

the custom portal accessed same as the normal tv portal once i've added the mod i assume?

Back