[webif] Web interface

Ooo... didn't know about Nawk. Came across Awk on Unix, and used a Gawk implementation on my PC (years ago... if I ressurect that it will be stuck in 8.3-world but there is probably a better version now). What's so great about Nawk?

I migrated to perl as my multitool many years ago, but nawk (new awk) was the new lightweight version. gawk is like nost GNU "core" software, bloated, slow and impossible to work on without giving yourself over to Stallmanisms. Just my $.2c

The backups are accessible via ftp and they are stored in /mod/var/backup. For the rare occasions this is necessary FTP is probably sufficient. I might have to do the same soon as my HDR disk has begun to click loudly when recording... not all the time though.

That's great, FTP access is sufficient.

However, for ease of use as the backups are made and restored from on this page, can it possibly be kept as a low priority request to be done at some point (when everything else is perfect ;))?

I switched from auto-unprotect to fast-unprotect because it appeared to use a file system listener rather than run via cron. I noticed there is a new version of auto-unprotect. Fast-unprotect doesn't seem to be listed on the package list. Should I stick with it or go back to auto-unprotect? Cheers

Should be fixed now.
auto-unprotect 1.0.3 installs OK from the webif but leaves the 'Package Management Results' popup hanging on the spinner.
I had the same problem on the Foxsat when backgrounding tasks by calling the startup script from postinst. Solution was to redirect stdout to /dev/null in the line which starts the background task.
/mod/sbin/file-watcherd "$root" >/dev/null 2>&1 &

Happened on my HD Fox T2 this morning. Waited five minutes and clicked close. Everything installed OK.

I switched from auto-unprotect to fast-unprotect because it appeared to use a file system listener rather than run via cron. I noticed there is a new version of auto-unprotect. Fast-unprotect doesn't seem to be listed on the package list. Should I stick with it or go back to auto-unprotect? Cheers

auto-unprotect 1.0.3 is basically a repackaged version of fast-unprotect which is no longer available (I decided that we didn't need two systems). This is xyz321's update to the package that does indeed use the a file system watcher (using the inotify framework) that responds to file close events. It still incorporates my code to unflag HD recordings in the DLNA index to allow HD streaming (based on Ratx's work).

Under Service Management, do you think we could have something which says what the services do, not just list their cryptic names?
Still waiting for this, although one can find out by referring across to the installed packages list.

Thanks xyz321 - I'll add a fallback mechanism to the hmt utility.
Did this happen? The HiDef recordings copied onto my NTFS drive still report as StDef.

When I was doing something the other day (can't remember what) the pop up said something like "more info available if you install ffmpeg". I have now, but what does it do? The package management screen description is not very revealing: "ffmpeg utility".

No, I haven't updated the hmt utility yet.

From google: 'FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. It includes libavcodec - the leading audio/video codec library.'

The web interface uses it do display detailed (technical) information about foreign video files.

I may have misread a post somewhere on this thread, but should auto-unprotect both remove the ENC flag and unlock the files for transferring? (i.e. remove the need to copy the file on the humax before transferring via FTP/SAMBA/DLNA/webif etc)

I have a couple of files which were auto-unprotected and have no ENC flag but when transferred to PC via webif OPT+/Download they are reported in Mediainfo as No PAT/PMT and won't open in anything

I may have misread a post somewhere on this thread, but should auto-unprotect both remove the ENC flag and unlock the files for transferring? (i.e. remove the need to copy the file on the humax before transferring via FTP/SAMBA/DLNA/webif etc)

Unfortunately not. It removes the protection flag but you still need to persuade the Humax to actually perform the decryption, by copying to an external or virtual drive or by streaming from the built-in media server. If you have enabled media sharing then the Download button in the webif media browser uses the DLNA server to decrypt on the fly, otherwise it just downloads the raw (encrypted) file.

<snip>If you have enabled media sharing then the Download button in the webif media browser uses the DLNA server to decrypt on the fly, otherwise it just downloads the raw (encrypted) file.

Do you mean the media sharing setting on the Humax?

Back