[webif] Web interface

I have just tried the 'save stream...' and it worked. I haven't streamed anything in ages, in fact when I did it last it was only to test my set-up. It saved and episode of Top Gear. God knows when I did that.

Bottom line it worked without a hitch.

Thanks.

Please can I put in a request for the functionality for copying files via the webif please? I like to copy some files onto my network storage and currently have to do this via the remote.

Thanks.

That would lead to problems with the encryption, unless the :9000 service could be leveraged to do it.

BUG!!!!
In the media browser, the un-Enc'd HiDef files I am copying to the NTFS drive are showing up flagged as SD.
Once the copy is finished they should be ok.
All of them, or just one? 'Cos one 4GB file has copied and it's in the middle of the next.
Not sure, let us know : ) - the HD/SD detection needs the .hmt file to be there which is the last thing copied.
Sorry to break it to you, but the copied files still all show the SD flag!

They have been copied to an NTFS drive, if that's of any interest.

For af123's information.
My Channel Information display - shows ??? as the Mux name on channel 28. (Crystal Palace)

Webif v 0.7.5
Can you post which channels are on that Mux? If there are lots, the first few will be enough.

Thanks

The channels on that mux are BBC4, BBC parliament & BBC Radio etc. (MUX-B). The MUX names all seem to be shown as post-DSO but Crystal Palace is still pre-DSO.

Can you post which channels are on that Mux? If there are lots, the first few will be enough.

Thanks

The complete set are:-

BBC FOUR
Sky Sports
Sky Sports 2
CBeebies
BBC Parliament
BBC Radio 1
BBC R1X
BBC Radio 2
BBC Radio 3
BBC Radio 4
BBC R5L BBC
BBC R5SX
BBC 6 Music
BBC Radio 4 Ex
BBC Asian Net
BBC World Sv.

PRE DSO in ()
22 482.0 MHz PSB2/D3&4 (MUX 2)
25 506.0 MHz PSB1/BBC A (MUX 1)
28 530.0 MHz ??? (MUX B)
29 538.0 MHz COM6/ARQ B (MUX D)
31 554.0 MHz PSB3/BBC B [HD] (PSB3)
32 562.0 MHz COM4/SDN (MUX A)
34 578.0 MHz COM5/ARQ A (MUX C)

I mentioned a similar problem some time ago but I think it either got ignored or lost in the mire.

Winter Hill, Channel 57 (DDR7) carrying Channel M and Movies4Men, shows in the channel info as ??? LCN 200 & 201.

Shite and a bit more shite, TBH.

DDR7 is a local MUX for Manchester. Channel M is owned by the Guardian Media Group, Movies4Men is not quite what you think, it's just Movies.

As I said, shite and more shite.

Take a look here.

Sorry to break it to you, but the copied files still all show the SD flag!

They have been copied to an NTFS drive, if that's of any interest.
I ran an experiment. I now have two USB drives connected to the Humax, the first seems to be called "usb-drive1" and is NTFS, the second is "drive2" and is Ext3. I copied a HiDef file to the Ext3 drive and it started out flagged as SD in the WebIF media browser, and then changed to HD at the end of the copy. The same file copied to the NTFS drive remained flagged SD even after the copy had finished.

I ran an experiment. I now have two USB drives connected to the Humax, the first seems to be called "usb-drive1" and is NTFS, the second is "drive2" and is Ext3. I copied a HiDef file to the Ext3 drive and it started out flagged as SD in the WebIF media browser, and then changed to HD at the end of the copy. The same file copied to the NTFS drive remained flagged SD even after the copy had finished.
Yes, it look like a problem with hmt, perhaps mmap will not work with a user space driver.
Code:
hmt /media/usb-drive1/<hmt file>
mmap: No such device
Later... from the FAQ on the ntfs-3g website: "Another reason can be the lack of kernel support for shared writable mmap which was added to Linux kernel 2.6.26."

What's mmap when it's at home? Does this mean the NTFS copy is damaged in some way?
It is a fast method used by hmt to map the file into memory so that any changes made to the memory are reflected back onto the file on disk. There are other slower methods which could be used. It also means that the 'lock', 'mark as new' OPT+ functions will not work from the web interface, on that file, at the moment. The NTFS copy will not be damaged, it shows the correct flag when viewed on the Humax UI.

Yes, it look like a problem with hmt, perhaps mmap will not work with a user space driver.
Code:
hmt /media/usb-drive1/<hmt file>
mmap: No such device

Thanks xyz321 - I'll add a fallback mechanism to the hmt utility.

Tested the Dedupe option last night on a folder of about 70 Family Guy episodes and it worked like a charm :)
It renamed all the episides to their episode number & title and found 2 duplicates which I could then delete by just deleting the "_Duplicates" folder.

Very smart :)

Now if only it would display the Season no too lol

0.7.5 improves the package management backend a bit and adds an 'upgrade all' button.

@af123 - do you still need to update the package list before pressing the upgrade all button, or does it do the update and the upgrade commands all from the one button? Thanks. Oijonesey

@af123 - do you still need to update the package list before pressing the upgrade all button, or does it do the update and the upgrade commands all from the one button? Thanks. Oijonesey
They're still separate functions... do you think the second button should do both?

Back