[webif] Web interface

You can see it in the database dump on the web interface (not the reservations page) or by logging in and checking the database using the sqlite command line interface.
I can see it on the reservations page in the web interface too.. wonder what it is? It wasn't there before the latest update so maybe it's a scheduled change of DTCP keys or similar.. just speculation so far.

I can see it on the reservations page in the web interface too.. wonder what it is? It wasn't there before the latest update so maybe it's a scheduled change of DTCP keys or similar.. just speculation so far.

I was only referring to seeing the number 11 in the field, but it would be interesting to see what icon that the box shows on the TV.

Keep up the good work - being able to back up the recording schedule before an update and restore it afterwards is right at the top of my major feature list.

Unfortunately I'm not running the new firmware yet as it's DSO time in 2 weeks and I'm waiting until then.

I'll try and get it finished before you need to rescan then :cool:

That would be really helpful. Let me know if you need a beta tester - there are 83 entries in our recording schedule at the moment, a mixture of series, individual recordings, TV and radio. Now you know why I don't do firmware updates unless I really have to!

Thanks for the Info Black Hole, I was hoping that might be the case (otherwise OTA updates would leave a lot of people in a very bad mood), but wasn't going to risk it until I knew there was a fallback option.

Does anyone else have a new scheduled event of type 11 in their Scheduled Recordings list since the last upgrade? I don't know what this is but mine is set to trigger on 3rd August...

We had a popup yesterday about rescanning in August, this is to do with the analogue switch off I think, I guess the item in the schedule is related to this.

Well, the ro bit in there is the key - it has been mounted read-only for some reason.

To try and mount it temporarily read/write, which might give a clue, can you do:

Code:
humax# mkdir /tmp/a
humax# mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /tmp/a -o rw,data=ordered

Have sent you an email regarding this, as I have copied you the results of an initial investigation which I think is a bit large to post here.

Version 0.6.0 released.
  • New Scheduled Recordings screen;
  • Backup & Restoration of scheduled recordings and favourite channels - experimental but it has passed all of the tests I have done*. Since this appears to work, remote scheduling should be possible.
  • Hooks to allow for performing a soft/warm restart of the Humax software from the web interface when necessary;
  • Add protect/unprotect and mark as new/watched to media browser OPT+ menu;
  • Support more file types in media browser;
  • Fix disks usage pie chart on HD model (hopefully - can anyone confirm?);
  • Fixes for display in IE (why didn't anyone tell me how bad it looks in IE ? :eek:) - it still has problems in IE so Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, well anything other than IE, is recommended.
  • Fix keyword highlighting in IE.
  • Improve icons in media browser;
  • Use icon instead of link for mediatomb icon.
* - SWMBO is getting a tad sick of all of the channel scans and I did think something had gone terribly wrong when it started recording Desperate Housewives today! Turned out that was in the schedule though :rolleyes:

I've also updated webif-epgkeywords just to add a Send Test Email button.

That would be really helpful. Let me know if you need a beta tester
Yes please. If you're up for trying a backup/rescan/restore then please let us know how it goes!

After the restore you need to restart the box, either using a button that appears at the top of each screen in the webif or using the remote control and then set anything in the future to record through the guide (you can delete it afterwards). The GUI pops up a warning to this effect which is hopefully obvious enough. I hope to remove at least one of these constraints in a future version.

Backup & Restoration of scheduled recordings and favourite channels - experimental but it has passed all of the tests I have done*. Since this appears to work, remote scheduling should be possible.
Thanks once again af123 for your continuing work on improving the HDR T2. :D
Minor bug to report with the backup function.
The /var/backup folder is not being created by the package. Got this error when first trying to create a backup.
Error creating backup file. - //mod/var/backup/backup-2011-Jul-08-23:21.rbk: No such file or directory
Created it manually and backup now working OK.

SWMBO is getting a tad sick of all of the channel scans and I did think something had gone terribly wrong when it started recording Desperate Housewives today! Turned out that was in the schedule though :rolleyes:
Feature request: Blacklist to make specific keywords unschedulable

This is looking really good so far, but I think I've hit a bug - when restoring, it only output the following
Code:
Restoring scheduled events...
  Restoring It's Your Round
    No change in channel service.

Good old SQL throwing a wobbly about a query with a quote in it, what a surprise :rolleyes:

Initially I thought that it had worked, but it looks like it didn't touch the database at all, which is good.

If you want, I'd be happy to email you a copy of the sqldump of our scheduled programmes and the backup file so that you can use them for testing.

Does anyone else have a new scheduled event of type 11 in their Scheduled Recordings list since the last upgrade? I don't know what this is but mine is set to trigger on 3rd August...

I updated the firmware this morning and I've got a one of these in my database now, too.

Here's the output of "SELECT * FROM TBL_RESERVATION;" once I've cut out all the other programmes

Code:
0|7|0|1310268600|20110710043000|0|1|0||0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0||||||0|0|0
6|11|0|1311116400|20110720000000|0|0|0||0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0||||||0|0|0

This event coincides with the second phase of our local digital switchover.

It's interesting that these are the only entries where the szsttime field is set.

Just a minor issue from me. In the OPT+ option, the "Mark Watched" doesn't fit in the box and so the "Watched" part wraps down and interferes with the "Rename" option. It's fine with "Mark New" text.

Am going to try the backup now.

Trevor

Backup worked first time. Haven't done a restore, though it does add an option to restore the backup file now.

Wanted to add something to the Scheduled recordings so went to the EPG and did a search for Films/Drama and got an error. Repeated the search for sport and got the same error as in:

Runtime Error: /mod/var/mongoose/lib/epg.class:129: can't read "chan(usLcn)": no such element in array in procedure '.00000000000000000078>' called at file "epg_search.jim", line 97 in procedure 'epg get_channel_info' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 46 at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 62 at file "/mod/var/mongoose/lib/epg.class", line 129

Trevor

PS Same error for a keyword search. Do I need to restart the box?

Backup worked first time. Haven't done a restore, though it does add an option to restore the backup file now.

Wanted to add something to the Scheduled recordings so went to the EPG and did a search for Films/Drama and got an error. Repeated the search for sport and got the same error as in:

Trevor

PS Same error for a keyword search. Do I need to restart the box?

Rebooted the box (had an issue with the HDMI while listening on Radio and a recording started, so it switched to the TV channel and then I couldn't see a picture, so had to reboot - anyone seen the same?). Still get the same error on search.

Trevor

Trevor

Sorry, but a backup that you haven't tested is worse than no backup at all because you think you are safe when that might well not be the case. For me, everything worked fine until I tried the restore and it failed (not a problem I had my own separate database backups).

This isn't a slur on af123 because the feature is new and experimental, but I've just met too many people in my time who only realised that their backups didn't work when it was too late and their data had been lost, so I thought I'd make the point that a backup is only as good as the restore process.

After a bit of investigation, it seems that my HD box switches the attached HDD file system (ext3) from r(ead)w(rite) to r(ead)o(nly) after doing a 'Browse Media Files' which shows all files as SD, when they are clearly a mixture of SD and HD.

mount shows:-
/dev/sda1 on /media/drive1 type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
then...
/dev/sda1 on /media/drive1 type ext3 (ro,data=ordered)

No further 'write' functions will work and the TSR function no longer operates (it is always enabled) and no recording is possible.

I have to switch the box off and on to restore write functionality.

I am reluctant to upgrade webif from 0.5.9-1 to 0.6.0-1 nor to try out a potential 'HDR-mode decrypt function' - which I would really like, until I can resolve this.

Anybody have any ideas as to what may be happening?

Back